DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
I hope everybody had a fun and safe weekend.
I raced Saturday and Sunday. Won a couple of rounds both days. Drove the S10 back onto the trailer on it's own power, so that's a win. The little stinker was running xerox copy numbers both days. If I could get the driver to step it up, we'd be doing a lot better.
Well, time to start another work week.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,Mouse hope you have a good work week,and glad you had a fun weekend,most of the time it is the driver that sputters,I know all so well............... Banging Head................................

Looking like a stormy start to the week,so work will be put on hold while raining,thats a memo from the Boss,that be me.............. Wink.........................

Ok,guys and gals lets get this party started Party...............been wanting to do that for a while,so here we go............. Big Grin......................
Prayer out to you all,and have a wonderful day....................... Wave hug Wave.............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I know it's Tuesday, but it feels like a Monday, workwise. Hot hot weekend, felt like I drank a lake of water, when I'd rather have gone swimming in it. Got whacked Saturday and Sunday first round, by guys going .00x and would have been dead on. I was decent and dead on, but just drew the wrong guys. My buddy AJ had a good weekend, winning Friday night and Saturday night, and my buddy Scotty won Sunday.

Floyd, play anything while you were at Binions?

Mouse, I feel the same way. I might have lost Rd 1 both days, but I drove the car home. Pro Mod guy on Saturday went on the trailer in pieces, and he was probably very sore Sunday and yesterday. My car needs the driver mod too.

Mike, we had some big ol boomers come through a couple hours after we got done Sunday. Kind of refreshing after baking in the heat all day, especially when I had to do the mad dash outside to cover up the Cutlass real quick.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hi Y'all!
Hey I can type and spell. Trying to use that tablet is a pain in the butt. But, it's better than nothing when you don't have a lap top.
Chuck, just walked into Binions rode up the elevator and had a great prime rib dinner. Also had a few scotches I guess cause the next day everybody was asking me how I felt.
Got home yesterday afternoon, backed the trailer into the driveway, unhooked it and there she sits. maybe I'll unload next weekend, maybe not.
Y'all have a gooden! hug to all the ladies.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Storms rolled through last night and storms will be rolling through again this evening.
I was going to go chasing, but I have to take my mom to her neurologist appt this morning. I might catch up with the rest of the chase team after that, haven't quite decided yet.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,kinda stormy here today,looks to be that way a few days now,I'm looking for a dry spell with all this rain we have been having,funny how that works............ Hum....................

Mouse you stay safe chasing them storms,and hope your Mom does ok at the Dr.and gets a good report,we'll say a prayer for her............... Praying..................

Floyd,looks like Mannie and myself are going to have to come west,you keep talking about prime rib and I just feel the need to try one out west,would be a fun field trip........... Tongue Ice Cream.............................

Hey Chuck,just wanted to say Wave.....................Mannie says Wave too.................................

Hope ya'll's wed. is a gooden and prayer everywhere a prayer can reach and have a great thru.too.................... Praying hug Christmas.................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Thinking about Guy, every Wednesday with his "over center" saying, and since Jami started the thread about her dad. Cooling off here this week, thankfully, 'bout melted away this past weekend at the track.

Floyd, are you saying people had to tell you that you had a good time?? Big Grin

WAO, good to hear about the family doing well. I'd imagine Alaina is still cuter than a bug's ear.

Mouse, I hope mom is ok. Be safe out in the storms.

Hi Mike! Hi Mannie! Wave Wave

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mike, I got 2 trailers and 2 pickups parked in the drive way and still got room for the minnie winnie. Got electricity and runnin water,too.
Maybe you could teach me how to cut a light.
Angel hug

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Well, I didn't get to take mom to her appt. We had to reschedule it. Yesterday morning, my wife called me and said that the family has been called in for my grandma. She's been in an assisted living house for the last couple of months. She was moved into a nursing home on Friday because she was to weak and frail tomget around on her own. Yesterday morning her breathing her changed dramatically, so they called us all together. Grandma just turned 99 in April and has had a wonderful life. She's not on any medication, she's not hooked up to any machines, and she's not in any pain. She is ready to go be with grandpa, and she has said so. Her heartbeat is still strong, so she made it through the day and through the night. She hasn't had anything to eat since Friday, so it's just a matter of time.
Sorry for the history book here.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Mouse thats a wonderful life story there for sure,it's hard to lose loved ones,but that is a uplifting story no meds. no pain and looking to go home,through my lump and tears I think your grandma just brightened my day,I know that sounds weird to some,but knowing the Lord and being ready to see her loved ones makes it all good,God Bless her and all your family,their's a better place awaiting on the other side and through you your Granny you just preached a wonderful message,I know Gods got her almost in his arms,we'll be praying for ya'll................... hug Praying..............................

Got alot planned today lots of mowing this evening and lots to do this morning,supposed to be stormy tomorrow so better getter done today,prayers all around and I hope ya'll have a great day.............. Praying hug Wave....................................

Oh yea Floyd I hoping to hit the recycle plastic and tire mkt. soon maybe that'll be mine and Mannie's money to the promise land................. Wink.........................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday, woo hoo! ProAm is here this weekend at PRP, so I'll be hanging out at the track, especially watching my favorite classes, Stock and Super Stock.

Mouse, grandma is from some strong stock. I'm sad for you that you won't have her here on earth anymore, but glad she is not in any pain, no meds, no machines. Prayers for you and your family.

Michelle, tomorrow is the last day to preenter the WFC for the discount rate. Just sayin'. Come footin'!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
ornin Y'all!

Mouse, I feel for you. The older we get the more loved ones we lose. It's tuff on us left behind but usually they are in a better place with family that already left. We are all in that long checkout line, just waiting our turn.
My mom turned 91 in april and I think she's going to out live me.
Praying Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon,been a busy morning around here,got to get done before the storms come thru this evening,ya'll be safe and prayers all around,and we'll see ya'll after bit.............. Praying Wave.......................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Hey gang,
We are still here at the nursing home waiting for grandma to go. We've all told her it is alright to go, but for whatever reason, she is hanging on.
Thank y'all for the thoughts and prayers.
You guys be careful with the storms coming y'alls way.
Have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, been awhile.

Just got home from seeing our Grandson graduate from High School last Saturday. Kid is going to Kansas and majoring in physics. I was hoping he would try something that made big money. I am gonna need help with my next engine and tranny, and his Mom sure hasn't been any help.

Spent about a week in Illinois. Mostly the Chicago area. They live in Wheaton, which is a nice place to live IF IT WEREN'T IN ILLINOIS, OR NEAR CHICAGO. My Granny would tell me if I don't have anything good to say, don't say nothing at all, so I won't say anything about Chicago, or Illinois. I will say that as soon as we crossed the state line into Missouri, gas was almost a buck a gallon cheaper.

We took the interstate up to Chicago, but the back roads on the return trip. Once again, we were treated to a magnificent country. What a grand place America is.

We got off our chosen path, and wound up in Crockett, Texas by mistake. Then we had breakfast as a place called "Moose Cafe", again by mistake. (we was looking for a Denny's or IHOP). Had a great breakfast and a great time. That place was dripping Americana. There was a little gift and antique shop in the cafe, and Peg saw a necklace she just had to have. Normally, she isn't interested in such things. Anyway, we had to have the owner/manager come up to find the price on the necklace. We had a nice conversation with him, and discovered that the traveling Viet Nam Memorial Wall was in town for the county's birthday celebration. That was a very sobering experience. Found my Brother's name on the wall. He was almost 4 years younger than me, and we were adopted by different families, and didn't know each other, or that we even existed until late 1990s. He died on the day I arrived in country on my final tour of that God forsaken country. He was just 19 at the time. So many names on that wall and so little accomplished by their sacrifice. I still am unable to reconcile my feeling on all that.

Anyway, all in all, we had a great trip, and enjoyed our family. Even had a pleasant but brief conversation with my ex. What can I say.

Hope everyone has been well and continues to be so.

Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Ken good to hear from you,glad you had a good trip,sounds like fun,and thanks for telling us the story about your brother,man it's amazing how families get spread out.
I think of my little boy Mannie when you tell that story,he is adopted also,and he has a brother that he has never met,and does'nt know about,his Dr.seems to think it best not to tell him about him till he's older,and it kills me not to tell him about him when Mannie says Dad I wish I had a brother,it is a big mess his family left him in,his grandparents did'nt want Mannie because he was bi-racial,but are raising his brother because he's white,kinda screwed up,but maybe time will heal all this,and I hope so,sorry for the long story but your brothers story sorta stirred Mannies story up,once again glad you all had fun......................

Well hope all you folks have a great weekend and hopefully you will have some fun and prayers to you all my friends..................... Praying hug Wave...................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Afternoon gang.
Grandma finally went home last night around 10:00.
She's back with Grandpa and I know she's enjoying that huge mansion that she had waiting for her.
I'm at the track today racing in her honor. She would always ask me, are you still racing those cars and driving fast? Then she would say be careful, I don't want to lose you to those things.
Today's all for you Grandma.
Y'all take care today my friends. See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My sincerest sympathys, Mouse. RIP Grandma.
Praying Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,may your granny RIP,prayers are with the family Mouse............ Praying.......................

Looking like a fine day here at the foot of the blue ridge mts.hope ya'll's day is a good and restful one,prayers all around....................... Praying Wave..................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning up in here kinda quiet, big weekend for some I quess,so busy,busy.............. Wink......................

Hope ya'll's day is a good one and prayers all around and we'll check back in after while.............. Praying Wave..................................