DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Floyd, had a lot of crap to catch up this mornin' so am late in responding. Supposedly the rain of this week delayed what ever they were scheduled to do to the track and as to what that is, your guess is as good as mine. I think they are gonna scrap the track, wash it down, probably fill the cracks with some kind of concrete sealer, let it cure and then grind the track level and then resurface with asphalt.
I sure whoever does it know's how to resurface a race track! Several years ago they used the lowest bidder at Speedworld when it was Phoenix Raceway Park and the asphalt ended up on everyone's slicks! Christine, I updated my farm on Facebook last night and still got some touch-up work to do yet today once crops are harvested. Was thinking that since Mike's feet are already muddy I could get him to come by and clean the crap outa the corrals! Then he could use it to fertilize my fields! Did you notice my bull is getting pretty friendly with my cows and my goats are keeping a close eye on my pigs? I still think Farmville needs to make use of my consulting services! You all have a good slide downhill to the end of the week! Eyes Hum Laughing not worthy Wave Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, thanks for the thoughts Ma. Papa Deweys' service will be tonight...death sux.

We'd love to bring Mike, Chuck, sounds like good times. Mike, the truck had a busted rear rotor, go figure.
I visited your farm Guy last night, just for you. Good to see you Nicole. Hi Floyd.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
wake up people, it's Friday!!!!!!!!

(thxs Mike!)

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm awake! Mornin Y'all! It's my saturday so I'm just goin to take it easy. Sometime this weekend I gotta get the race truck off the trailer. When I got home Sunday night I just backed the trailer into the garage and unhooked it. Took me 2 days to empty the back of the tow truck. Left front tire is flat so I guess I gotta get it off so I can get the tire fixed.
So may women, so little time! Tongue

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Kids are out of school, i didn't have to work, and my wife took the day off, so we are all here today. Got to work on the S10 some more this weekend.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Howdy Folks,prutty here this morning,with more rain on the way,looks like the Farms Flea Market this weekend is going to be a wash, Frown but thats ok,there's plenty to do here...................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers all around,and here's hoping ya'll have a good day,and a great weekend........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Morning All!!

So it is raining and yucky here!! But at least it is not cold so I will not complain.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, we have volleyball tourney this weekend Smile

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!!! Hey Mike! Wave

Michelle, I don't wanna wake up. Unfortunately, that applies to the tree too often too. Sleep

Still feels nice to have the warmth out there, even if it's raining a little. Hoping to make some more progress on the car this weekend. We should be set for 2 days of work, all the next 3 weekends.

And I plan on having some Ice Cream Ice Cream Ice Cream

hug hug to all

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ""PAT McCROTCH
posted Hide Post
HELLO ALL BEEN MISSING ALL U ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY AND WEEKEND.

HANG EM HIGH

Posts: 1023 | Location: RED**** FLA. | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Lots of big plans today! Put a lexan window in the side of the dog house so can tell if dog is in there or not without going outside! And will help friend Mike Gonnell to see if we can seal up the BG 280 fuel pump on his Nova. May have to order one of those seal kits off Ebay and let him use my spare in the meantime. And every thing on the farm seems to be pretty much under control for a while! You all have a bumpin' good Friday! Eyes Sleep Hum Laughing Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yep, got the tire off and it had a screw in it. Probably got it in my garage loading up last week.
My son't Outlaw Turbo race is tomorrow so after I get the tire on gotta go over to his house and get all the crap loaded in the trailer. We gotta take a lot of stuff and we don't even take a race car.
One of the guys that runs his series took his Bug to the PSCA test and tune at Fontana. He ran a shut off 8.20 on his only pass. He had a brand new slick start to come apart. That shut off 8.20 is in a full size VW Bug. They are trying to get it into the 7's. He would have made it. His VW motor put 822 hp to the rear wheels on the dyno. That's almost 6 hp p/cu inch. That's one bad motor.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning Floyd! so glad we are home this weekend...g'luck with the volleyball Nicole, I use to love playing & my knees remind me of it a lot now!

Hope you guys all have a fun weekend! hug Praying

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Gang,sorry about the screw Floyd,I hate flat tires,blew the inside tire on the interstate this week,on my ton,never ending fun...................................
Ok got to get with it,ya'll have a gooden,and prayers to all in need,see ya'll afterwhile...................................
Own and thats huming for a Bug ain't it Floyd,if I were'nt such a big guy,I'd love to have a Bug to race,seen one in Texas for sale,a yr.or so ago,with a SBC,it was bad,and looked like alot of fun,but thats unreal how fast them cars can run with a VW motor and Turbo,Wow.....................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Well, it's official now! It was about this time 45 years ago that the wife and I tied the knot and we mad it this far so I guess that ain't to bad! I attribute it all to advice my dad gave us the night we got married as to what makes a marriage last a long time (My mother and he were married like 52 years as I recall before he passed away): "Don't both of you go to bed mad on the same night!" I'll have to take a lot of that credit as I don't get mad very easily and really don't recall the last time I was "foot stompin'" mad! Just another day in the life of "old folks"! I go eat mescan food and wife stays home and sleeps! Wink Big Grin Hum Laughing not worthy Wave Cool

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Your wife has the patience of Job. God bless her, you lucky son of a gun.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Folks,rain,rain,rain,did I say rain,if I did'nt say rain,let me say,I believe ifn it don't quit raining,I'm going to seal up the bottom of my race truck and make a boat out of it,and go to the lake,all I need is a propeller....................... Big Grin.....................................

Congrat to Mr.and Mrs.Price,happy anniversy to you two kids,ya'll been married as long as I am old,just don't hear of long marriages anymore,so that make you and Mrs.Price special,oh wait,ya'll are special anyway........... Wink............We(me&Mannie)love you two,ya'll are special to us..................... hug............................

Ok the rest of you Drr GM crowd,get on up,breakfast is being sat on the table as I type,in honor of the newlyweds ann.we're having eggs ever how you want them,sausage,bacon,tenderloin,and hashbrown taters fixed HOT mexicany style,just for Guy,you know Hot peppers and onions and loaded with everything except CHEESE,my ole buddy Guy don't need to get locked up with cheese, Tongue Eyes I'm stupid............................And for everybody that wants some,we have special spoon biscuits this morning,and homemade sausage gravy,that'll make your mouth pucker up and need more to get you unpuckered(is that a word)............................. Hum Big Grin.................................................

Well ya'll have a great sunday morning,and prayers all around,and if you get the chance today,tell somebody that you love them,it's simple,and simply amazing how good it can make you fell inside,oh and ya'll have a gooden,God Bless ya'll my DRR family................. Praying...............

Oh yea, WaveHey Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words Mike! Wife and grandaughter went out "digging" yesterday at Goodwill and looks like we will go back today as wife found a chair she wants. I stayed home, did daughter and her husban's taxes and then went out and got me a machaca burro at Someburro's, a local mescan chain here in the Valley of the Sun. And "Sun" it is for two consecutive days! We may be on our way to summer for sure now! Normal high for now is 75 but they say today is only supposed to get up to 69 so better grab a jacket before I go out! Reckon I better go check on my farm on Facebook! Weeds probably grew a foot last night! You all have a blessed Sunday and week ahead! Praying Wink Big Grin Sleep Cool

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Got to love it when Madi is old enough to fix eggs, bacon, toast & bananna smoothies for brunch!

Congratulations Guy & Mrs Guy!! That's just wonderful! Do something extra special for her today Guy, you know one of those little things that mean so much more than anything else!!
You talking about your Dad's advice reminds me, on our wedding day 8-15-87 my Dad told Rick, as they were getting my 57 Chevy rdy for the big day, "Son, if she puts you through as much h*ll as she has this car, you're in for a rough life!"

I've got some great pics from yesterday, if I could get the comp to work with me, of Rick & both kids putting the heads on the 565...good stuff, life is good!

FurrRacing.com

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
The wife and i didn't have the kids last night, so we had a date night and then the house to ourself.
Welp, gotta go, she's calling my name again, then i'll have breakfast.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing