DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking red--trying to get my life back in order after the passing of Mama---tried to get out Christmas decorations etc but just could not deal with it....most days are good but just keeping busy. Going to take motor out of race car and replace that sorry, leaking, busted up oil pan---should be an easier way. You all have a good day and Chuck you keep tabs on big Mike.

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , I'm cheating this year , bought one of these and put up a Christmas wreath on the front door . Looks pretty good and only took 5 minutes to do....

http://www.target.com/p/as-see...q3w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Fern, I know exactly how you feel. I didn't put anything up for 15 years and then I got one of those Star Shower things and that is all I do. Got a closet full of decorations but it just doesn't mean the same. Just hang in there. It will get easier.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Now Fern is cold----20some degrees tonight so I put the race car in the heated garage and will fix the motor home today.

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All.. Been sitting at work thinking about the day. Was on the way to breakfast this morning past by every place , some days I just don't feel like eating . That should last till to lunch ... LOL
Funny how I got all the checks wrote, and here comes more mail with more bills that need to be paid... Its never ending, well then the wife said "what's how you know your still alive"....REALLY.... Here I'm thinking when I'm exiting the burnout box pulling up to the tree , that's when I know "I'm alive and happy as HECK.... LMAO.. Turning that win light on really helps too...

Hope you all have a Great Day!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Getting a blast of winter over the next few days. I was hoping going west would improve the weather, but it's colder in Indy. Heading to PRI for tomorrow and Saturday.

J, nothing yet on my car. It's still in the trailer in my pit spot. Been a little busy, hoping next weekend to get it home and the trans out. I'd like to get it to my builder over the holidays when I'm off.

Fern, I can't imagine what that's like, first Christmas without her. Trying to keep tabs on Mike. Good luck on the engine and motor home.

You all have a good day! And a good weekend, don't know if I'll be back on, lots of people and things to see at PRI. Don't forget about ice cream time.
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
178 Mama always encouraged me to keep racing--she said it was what kept me alive + all my best friends were at the race track. It was evident by all the cards, calls, and emails I got during all the time she was sick and when she passed. Nothing, and I mean nothing, made her smile more than hearing JJ on the mike. She really admired that kid. So I will next year try to attend some of my favorite races. I could care less if I win as long as I have a good time and see my friends there.

Motor home is ready for the cold, race car is in the warm garage, will start taking out engine when the mood moves me......everyone enjoy your day Wink

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
My son did it again. Michelle sends me hugs with him and I never get them.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern so sorry to hear man. Keep your chin up. We are here for you.

Here's something to cheer you guys up. MY daughter loves the new baby.

20161207_173310[1] by rharnsbergerjr, on Flickr

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to everyone!! Today stopped and got a "MIKE" special for breakfast , biscuits gravy and a side of bacon. Downtown LA is a weird place even at 4:30am , but "The Pantry" has the best stuff ....

This Sunday I think I'll finish last years cosmetic up grade that I started Nov 2015, Dang I'm slow...

LOL Rolling
Been running redneck style while doing the upgrade , you know Chuck without a hood all year.... not worthy

Camaroracer, Is Mom and Carter at home? You got your hands full NOW!!

Everybody have a great weekend, As Chuck signs off with "Don't forget the Ice Cream" ... Ice Cream What still works in the winter too? RIGHT... Laughing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camaroracer1258:

Here's something to cheer you guys up. MY daughter loves the new baby.

20161207_173310[1] by rharnsbergerjr, on Flickr

Sweet...

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Just another Monday. Went to a Toy Drive/Car Show for the Ronald McDonald House put on a racer from Maple Grove. Was a great time seeing some old friends and I won the 50/50 there. $250 cash. Great weekend overall.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I need a day off from the long weekend. Great time in PRI, got to see Michelle, Nicole and Scott, bunch of other people. One of my buddies won the engine raffle. Lots of walking. Lots. Over 7 miles on Friday, according to my buddy Mark's app. A lot less on Saturday, in a seminar and talking with Bud McNasby.

Fern, I hope to see you along the way next year. Your car is a '64 or '65?

Floyd, I wanted to go say hello to Marty, but never got the chance.

J, at our no box $10k, Skeet Peaco was announcing. Steve Stites, one bad man, was there with his Fox body Mustang, which he races hoodless. Skeet took to calling it the "Mississippi hood scoop" for us guys running that way. Big Grin

1258, great stuff, love seeing that. I hope they always get along that well! Nice pick up on the 50/50.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Got a little further into the Christmas spirit and addressed cards today. Haven't done that in a couple of years.With the Motion Star Showers on the front of the house I got motivated. Now I gotta go buy stamps. I think that's why I quit sending them.
Chuck, he was pretty busy. He had two booths and a lot of customers to talk to. He took a lot ofd help but there's a lot the boss needs to do himself. He got to see Michelle and they sent me the picture. One of these days,

Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Good Morning Guys.... How's your Tuesday going... I had a great day off, really needed it too.. Amazing what you can get done in one day.. Weather in the Southwest desert has been non-existent of winter 48 as a low and going to high 70s today. I am finally done with my cosmetic redo that I started Nov 2015 , 13 months from start to finish working and still racing with two teams and 5 Super Street events along with doing a few Arizona Drag Racing Assc. races.

Camaroracer, Congrats on your winning of that cash. That will come in handy....

Chuck, That weather is really coming in hard for you guy's , how the heck do you get to work!!! thanks for the comment on the video on the car...

Everyone Have A Great Day... Double Thumbs up

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys. It's supposed to drop in the 20s as the high for the next couple days. Not sure how I like that. Christmas is almost around the corner and I still need to get my wife something.

I may be starting a new venture in getting an app created by next year. I will give you guys more details as time comes along and if it goes somewhere. Long term goal is to be bought out by a large corporation as it would relate to a certain industry.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Got 3-4" of snow around the city yesterday. Something about snow on Christmas lights, makes them look even better. Getting cold over the next few days, winter definitely moving in.

Floyd, you're ahead of me. I have the cards, still sitting in the box on the couch. PRI is something to see, give it a shot some year.

J, the hood does look great. Was the car consistent running without a hood? Mine ran as consistent, maybe even better, as it did with the hood on.

1258, good luck with the app venture. I hope it works out for you.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... That weather in the northeast looks nasty , I don't know what it takes to live and work in 20 degree weather nor do I want to learn. Wish we could send some heat to you guys , todays high will be 79 and Thursday up to 81....sorry I should not have said that...LOL.... Had another Christmas party last night , that was the third one tomorrow will be last one (Employees)I don't drink and I feel hung-over . Must have been a contact high...

Camaroracer, If your making Apps I have and idea for one. This should be an easy one that will make you millions... all I ask for is a little support for my race budget.
Its easy using your camera on you phone your screen splits to show you what your texting on half the screen , and where your walking on the other half....Just send the checks to me every 1st of the month...HAHAHAHA

Chuck, it ran the same with or without the hood, the car is a Xerox machine. Its the driver who was to work on being consistent, A but a friend's son once race it, The kid is a Pro. Won a 7 round race, without any time runs.

You guys have a Great Day.... Double Thumbs up

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Haha RED you're funny. I pitched the idea to my dad who's very successful and he actually thought it was a good idea. I just need to start my venture.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Bbbrrrrisk out there. One of those mornings I really didn't want to get out of my warm bed. Wind blowing a bit through tomorrow morning, keeping it frigid over here.

J, I don't know how racers in warm weather afford running about year round. Winter builds in down time to maintain the car and, supposedly, the bank account. Big Grin I need the same driver mod in the Cutlass.

1258, I like J's idea for an app! That's a winner! Big Grin