DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
Sleep

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
Good mornin folks!

Up and attem...

Congrats to MsFurr on the W @ Bristol.

Lee - I won TnT @ Roxboro yesterday LOL Wink

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
TnT Big Grin

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sleep Sleep Sleep

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning,WTG MsFurr,getting er done at Bristol,and Lee doing it to it in TNT,good job Wink I had fun at the Farm yesterday won 1 rd even if he did RL,it's still a rd. and I ran dead-on with a egg,foot feeding,got there late after getting my tater planting done,jumped in the dash for cash (never foot fed this car before)said well it ought to go a 6.92 and it run a 6.929 not to bad of a figuring after 10yrs. of retirement,but got to get the rust off them RT,but other than that little issue,had a good time,Mannie wanted to see the $10 bucks I won,so I bought him a Cheesebuger.

Good pro-mod race last night to Congrats to Dale Brigesfield in Jerry Williams beautiful Mustang on the win and good job to Micheal Martins son,Kelly for the r-up spot,good racing all around,well enough rambling,yall have a gooden and be safe heading home........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Mike and everybody.
Congrats MsFurr and you too Mike. You make me feel lazy cause I didn't go anywhere this weekend. That's okay, I'll make up for it later. I did get the carburator off to put on the new spacer but I bought the wrong size studs. Oh well, there's always next weekend.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Or at least what's left of it in your part of the country! I took Chuck T's advise and sawed logs until almost 8 this mornin'! Fixed up a tarp yesterday for the front of my "elephant" (what the wife call's my
portable canvas garage ---really a 10'x20' tarp covered canopy---that, a few years back before I had it anchored to the concrete went over the back fence and looked like an elephant on it's back with it's legs sticking up in the air!) We've had a lot of wind over here lately cause Floyd has been telling so many jokes over in CA that all the breeze blew over here! Never knew someone so slim cut put out so much air! Only major plans today is to go down to Costco and fill the pickup up with $1.71 a gallon fuel, almost half of what it cost a year ago! May have to go to engine builder's tomorrow and find out results of crankshaft study and make some decisions as what and where we go from here; gut doctor's appointment on Tuesday to see if my iron level is staying up and we may have to go to a funeral later in the week for a friend of my brother's mother who was chewed up with cancer! At my age, you keep your schedule flexible so you can pay your respects to those who went on before you do! You all gotta long wait on me as my goal is to live as long as my great-great grandfather who passed away in 1928 at the ripe age of 101-1/2. His occupation: Pony Express rider! You all kick back and have a nice week! Eyes Sleep Banging Head Hum I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin Rooster and the rest of the gang. Monday is back and what a nice weekend we had here in Ohio.
BB

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
morning Big L and DRR Smile

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top O The Morn, ya'll.
Looks like we will be playing in the mud today. It was raining cats and dogs when I drug my old lazy bones out of the bed.
Ya'll have a goodern.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good mornin people. Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. We had some good luck finally fall our way, well should'nt say good luck as the son did a he11 of a job behind the wheel sat. night. Our home track has special race once a month that pays decent and we just happened to pick up the winners share. Not sure if $1500 will get the good bullet back together or not but sure makes the racing account look better Big Grin We run no electronics class and it was a 7 round race, son only had one two lights all night worse than a .016 and one was when he seen other guy go red, and had.031. And against a good friend that has won S/S events at the US Nationals we seem to have trouble with. Something called adrenalin I believe as the red bulb has come on against him several times. He put faith in our old beater and made sure it was green .051 and ran 10.410 on a 10.41 dial Eyes Eyes. Next three rounds back in .00 and teens with a final round package of .003. Saved on dial in also as we put the 10.41 on and never changed it all night. Well enough braggin on the son and our old beater......... but sure am one proud old man Big Grin Have a good one all

The older I get the faster I used to be !!

Posts: 567 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning yall,Marty hit it on the head about playing in the MUD,Big L and Rooster are steady as they come,and mtd congrats on what sounds to have been a fun and rewarding weekend,the GOOD MORNING CROWD,is turning on some W's this weekend,with MsFurr winning Bristol,WTG crew,I love it when a plan comes together.

Now on a serious note just read from another thread,where a IHRA offical was hurt pretty bad from an explo.from a propane tank and had big time face inj. but whats so amazing is he's good (tough) enough to be posting from his cell to his face book,dang can't remember nothing but his first name,Marc,but the good Lord knows his name,so lets say a prayer for him today,and of course lets still be praying for Nikki.

Well ya'll have a gooden and keep looking for the sun,it's just above the clouds..........................................................................................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bigblockmadness
posted Hide Post
good morning drr ppl.

Posts: 46 | Location: New Carlisle, Ohio | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dragster66ss
posted Hide Post
Good MorninSmile

MH, I think you're talking about Marc Kinton. Hope he's OK.

Lee Roberson

“My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."” Harmon Killebrew

Posts: 1108 | Location: Greenville/Henderson, NC | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Thank Lee,could not remember and had just read it,thats what happens when you're getting up and close to the 50's........................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hey, I'm not close to 50 & it's happening to me too! Frown
Sending our prayers for Nikki & Marc.
Congrats mtd, wtg! wtg Mike too & I'm glad Mannie enjoyed that c'burger!!
Thanks for the props guys, we had a blast...8 rounds & didn't change the dial in, car was awesome thanks to Rick-I got really lucky a couple of times in the middle but finally showed up for the last few rds-Trevor is tough, it was a good final, he was -.001 on with a 6 & I was .003 on with a 1. Watching the kids celebrate was the best part!
Madi didn't make laps, but we had her faster engine in & finally got the et's consistent, so she can't wait to go back!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Guy, I'm good at sawing logs! I fell asleep on the couch, still logged in, so I posted the Z's and went to bed. Big Grin I might be a little too good at sawing logs... I'm banned from sleeping in my friend's motorhome... something about snoring and blowing all the panels off of it. Big Grin

Congrats MsFurr, Mike, and MTD. I was just a spectator this weekend. My buddy's boy did get to make his first TCR passes, and you can't pry the smile off of his face. And you'd think this warning wouldn't be needed, but another buddy proved it is... always always always put your hood pins in, even if it's just to putt around the pits to warm up. He found out the hard way, but thankfully, the damage is restricted to the windshield, his wallet, and his pride.

Marc must be one heckuva tough guy to be posting on Facebook from his room. Just reading his injuries makes me cringe.

Nikki had a good weekend. Hopefully it's the first good day of a ton more to follow.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Good Morning, late! I really do not like Mondays. They should be part of the weekend. No work on Mondays! I'm starting a movement! LOL

I really do not like computers either. It's always something!

I visited Nikki at Children's here in Pittsburgh. She was doing well with the heavy duty new medicine. What a strong yound lady! I was just happy to see her! Little sister Ashley is doing well. Mom and Dad happily reported that they are eating. They both lost some weight, but who wouldn't! So keep the prayers coming!

One member of our race team, Mike Egan, runner-uped at Mason Dixon! Good job Mike. Mark went out in second round. He's still getting used to my car!

Well happy Monday--have a great day!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Got up early and got a call from a friend saying he was faxing me a copy of a flier that was handed out at the Team race Saturday night and I started flaming! This is a Summit Series that we have at Firebird and the schedule and rules were given to each racer at the beginning of the season as to how points would be accumulated. It seem Firebird has scheduled at Monster Truck show and an IHBA boating event this coming weekend and so as to have some "fill-in" for their show they are letting racers enter the gate for $30 for car and driver and one additional crew. On Saturday, to race electronics is $50 in the lanes and on Sunday it is $25 in the lanes. And they are offering 100 bonus points per day for any Team members participating at this non Summit Series event! This is not only illegal, but highly unethical on part of the track! My car is broke as many of you know and I am sure there were other Team racers who did not attend last weekend's Summit Series race and we recieved no communications from the track regarding this! So pardon my "flaming" this morning! I think you would find yourself and other racers who would be upset when notified within 6 days that you could be knocked out of first place because you had not planned to go to this event and had other things on your schedule! Pretty rotten in my book! What do you all think? Confused Mad Eyes Banging Head No No Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Christine, I was wondering where you all were. I thought the rain here kept you guys home yesterday. Tell Mike I said nice job!! I see Stewie got into the semis too.

Guy, that is rotten. Racers, at any track, should not be able to buy points, and that's what that is. I would be ticked off too.