DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good Morning!!!! Everyone ready to get at it this weekend? Looking forward to getting to Norwalk and seeing everyone. We will be there early to make a couple hits.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Good Morning! Glad it's Friday! Looks like a great weekend finally with the weather! But, I'll be home while everyone is racing! So, have a great time racing, be careful! Remember, windows up, doors locked and don't talk to strangers!! LOL

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Shawn good to have you this morning good luck this weekend be safe and most of all have some fun...................................p.s.tell old man Bader,Hawks said Poka don't work for me,but Bluegrass will do,I bet he would remember that conversation from the early 90's dangest memory I've ever seen or maybe just a good business man.... Wink Big Grin....................

Hey Ma Brewer I promise not to mention them danged old slimmy slippery things from that other thread OK... Devil....Have a good day......... Smile.................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Mornin gang...work audits make for late nights/ busy week but above avg/superior ranking is pretty cool & makes it worth it-I guess Wink

Give Mom a hug for us Mike, sorry about the troubles Guy & mtd...

BB being politcally correct Cool Madi & I will be pullin those belts tight this weekend, I should p'bly be at MIR, but I want her to make the Jr conf finals @ Bristol.

Oh, I almost forgot...you could be like Rick having lunch with our daughter at school Paul, & the kids say "Madi, you're Grandpa sure is funny!" without a beat Madi says, "THAT"S MY DADDY!" (in her sweet southern drawl) ...lol...but I still don't think Rick who is 46, has gotten over it Frown Eek

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention Rick is a LOT older than me too!! Big Grin

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mr. Hawks, don't even go there with those things! EEEEEEE Eyes

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, and thanks for coming on in, Paul and Shawn. I'm back after a couple days away for work, and had no 'net access... the Bracket Talk withdrawal was terrible! Big Grin

Mike, hope mom keeps getting better.
Guy, I believe spicy food helps keep you healthy too. But it's harder to find authentic Mexican food around here than it is in AZ. But it can be done... just found a place that puts chorizo in their queso. Mmmm mmmm good!

No pulling the belts tight for me this weekend. Trying to schedule some time with my buddy to measure up clearances with the new main bearings, then I'll be able to get rolling with the build. I did get my new helmet from Transman, and I really want to race now. So I'll be pit/cameraman tomorrow, looking like a gorgeous day.

MsF, I know it's a haul, but PRP hosts a junior team finals event this summer. All tracks, regardless of sanction, are welcome to send teams. My buddies were hoping to make MIR also, but don't have the set up done yet.

Sorry for the long post, but like I said, withdrawal! I was on hallowed ground last week, seeing the WWII and Vietnam Memorials while on a client visit last week, and wished I'd had my camera. While in NYC the last 2 days, I stayed at the Hilton, which is directly across from Ground Zero. My room overlooked the site, more hallowed ground, and these are a couple pics.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Chuck, good pics! Nice to see some folks workin' instead of drawin' unemployement! Been polishin' up my aluminum and chrome parts (valve covers, firewall, water pump, etc.) so when I do get my engine back I can get them all greasy again! Converter is home but will wait till we are ready to "stab the trannny" before isntalling it, headers are back at Crisco's (got there yesterday) and tranny line pressure guage with needle fallen off is at BTE in MS! I'm waiting for a call to see what they are gonna do about that! Might have to go out an pull a few radishes so the carrots can get some sunlight. Weatherman says we are now headin't toward some 90 degree temperatures so we'll see what happens next! Have a great TGIF! Wink Big Grin Eyes I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
As Mike would say, Monrnin Y'all!
Looks like it's going to be a great weekend for the Sportsnationals @ Fontucky this weekend. I got to get out there to watch my buddies McClanahan run. I'm not going to enter. Too lazy to get the truck down off the jack stands.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures Chuck. Thank you! Really makes you pause and think!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
awesome pics Chuck, you'll have to let us know more about the Jr race too...

Ok, here is a big question for you guys/gals, I need some input...

I've got e'thing rdy to go for my Nhra membership/license (never had one before)...should I get it & see what it's like to run over there? My plan was to get a grade point & try to run Bristol, Richmond & Concord Natl's-we live in the middle so they're all just 2-4 hours away... or just keep running Ihra div 9, the close Ihra natl's & see if I can get in the Ihra shootouts and run local events/big $ races & races for Madi in the Jr?
I also have a choice in the classes too-I can run fast/slow TD, QR/SC or HR/SS...of course there's limits in Nhra as to what you can run where tho.
appreciate the input...

FurrRacing.com

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The junior race info for PRP is on here:
http://ihra.com/juniors/events/2009/pittsburgh.pdf

IHRA will also have one at MIR 2 weeks after PRP's.

Racing is racing... I say go for it, if making those races is something you can do. I love IHRA, but getting a Wally would be cool.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
We thought about the race at MIR last year for Jr's, but didn't make it.

A Wally would be cool Wink

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
morning all Smile

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning All,Rooster looks a little lonesome in here this morning,good morning to sleep in or go racing or plant some TATERS,yea I've got to plant my Taters this morning,before I can go racing,supposed to rain in the morning here,so GOT TO GET ER DONE,well if you see or hear from any of the rest of the gang,tell I said DUH HUH,they'll know what I mean, Big Grin time to go plant some tater,yall have a gooden..........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
see ya @ the FARM MH Wink

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Good morning! Just got up to put out trash, feed dogs, etc. Wife spent night caring for 3-1/2 week old grandson so young people could go out for evening. Big Grin He was wonderful, lets you know when he is hungry. Otherwise he squims around and looks at everything and wants to cuddle.

We have a 2 in 1 day points race today at Immokalee. Both son and I are really looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a safe and happy weekend. Big Grin

Posts: 3090 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top O The Morn ya'll.
Hawks, sad story, but Cana was on the news here in Roanoke the other day. Just as Troutville was last week.
You plantin taters today? We are droppin red onions in today. cutting grass and dreamin of making a pass down the 660. Maybe next weekend.
Gotta get some extra cash in my pocket.
Ya'll have a goodern.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Good morning!

The Schultz fam is off to a community volunteer event in which we will be packing up box's of goodies to go out to the American troops fighting for our freedom in a foreign countries....

have a great day

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12175 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Chuck, musta slipped my mind--which is easy--but the next time you are in New York City, go to Los Dos Molinos Mexican restaurant! It is an AZ mexican based restaurant. They have a total of 4: One in Springerville, AZ up in the White Mountains where they started, one in Mesa, AZ (the one I frequent every week), and one on Phoenix that I drop in on when I have to be over that direction. It will warm your inards, guaranteed! Mike, get those taters planted, might need some french fries for supper! Ma, do as always and rule with an iron hand! Sounds like the Schultz' have charity on their mind which is great! Maybe they can come out a give something to the Price Clan when I get all those bills to rebuild my engine! Things
are kinda tough here in AZ, foreclosed homes, high unemployment, etc. but one adventorous family turned three old farm silo's into a two family home that they say is exquisite! I think the fella is pretty smart cause he is gonna really throw the tax assessor for a loop when he tells them he lives in an abondon grain silo! Eyes Hum Tongue I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post