DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mopar Dragster
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. Prayer is a powerful thing and we all need all we can get. I am awfully close to getting my junk put together and have Mopar day at Farmington circled as my deadline. I have everything but a trailer and am running low on funds so my options may be limited. The motor cost a little more than I was planning, but my junk should run 5:0's when it is done. I need a basic older CHEAP 24 foot enclosed trailer. It needs to be solid and reliable not shiny if you know what I mean. $2500.00 or less.

quote:
Originally posted by MsFurr:
Join in anytime Scott, racing goes way back for us with Scott & his brother Keith, back to the Farm when I was footbraking our 57 Chevy (seems like a long, long time ago lol). Good folks & we need some newbies up in here.
It's nice to have another 'family' to talk to both online & off, glad you find us entertaining...most of all thanks for the prayers!

We had one of those pop up storms when we were all out in the yard Mouse, you musta jinxed us Floyd Big Grinthe kind with the humongous rain drops Eyes Race is on...both of 'em!

Scott Kiger

Landmark Coatings Inc.

Get your powder coating done by the best. Give Mark a call and let him blow your mind on the money you will save on anything from a dragster chassis to a set of wheels or anything else you can imagine.

landmarkcoatings.com

(336)492-2492

Please see my brother Darrell for all of your drag car fabrication, muscle car restoration, and racing engine needs at Wyo Racing n' Rods.

(336)463-4309

Posts: 374 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,up early hoping to get a load of prizes(junk)to Statesville this morning and ifn the weather ain't to bad,maybe another this afternoon,as the price is supposed to drop tomorrow,kinda like cramming for a test,it's ashame when you get old like myself,It don't that much to make things exciting,like this,woohoo,woohoo.................... Ice Cream..........................

Prayers to all and ya'll have a gooden and just maybe I can report in afterwhile,I know ya'll are on the edge of your seats, Big Grin the fun and excitment is about to get to me................................. Sleep............................

Hey Chuck Wave......................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning! Welcome Scott!

Thunderstorms and tornado watch today! I was up all night, the dogs do not like thunder! Both of my girls were on intruder alert!!

Sending prayers to all! Susie, my cold is just about finished! Now, have to heal my nose!

Have a great and wet day! Stay safe and be careful, we have special Angels watching over us all!!

Chuck, get the crew ready for some Vinnie Pie!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Back to the doctors today for me. She may take these splints out today instead of waiting until Friday. I am really not looking forward to it as my nose is some kind of sore,

Scott Kiger

Landmark Coatings Inc.

Get your powder coating done by the best. Give Mark a call and let him blow your mind on the money you will save on anything from a dragster chassis to a set of wheels or anything else you can imagine.

landmarkcoatings.com

(336)492-2492

Please see my brother Darrell for all of your drag car fabrication, muscle car restoration, and racing engine needs at Wyo Racing n' Rods.

(336)463-4309

Posts: 374 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Lil Man back to school today so Mom's a little worried...glad to hear you're feeling some better Ma B!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
The sportsman racers took it in the butt at the winternationals. They are held over till Monday. That's a real shame for some of them that come a long way for the first race of the season. I feel sorry for the.
It was 36* when I left for work this morning. I don't imagine it's going to get very warm today.
Christine, glad you're fetting better. hug to you and Michelle. Lil man will get lots of attention at school today. Everybody can sign his sling. not worthy
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Well, we didn't get any storm activity here yesterday. Had one tornado around the Ok/Kansas border, but that was about it. I found out yesterday, that a guy in our Sunday school class at the new church we have started attending, is a storm spotter, so he and I are going to become good friends, as soon as I can get around.
Mike, I hope the weather holds out for you, and that the price doesn't drop too much.
Scott, welcome to our little circle.
Well my physical therapist should be here anytime now, oh boy.
Prayers to all, for comfort, strength, and healing.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Happy Monday... meh. It was good to see some racing last night. I really liked the yellow paint around Pomona's starting line. Kind of a Pittsburgh black and gold look. Big Grin

Man, get away from the box for a little, and we grow 2 pages. Which is cool! Welcome in Scott, hope you're feeling better. BobW, I'll get to you in a sec. Big Grin

Hi Mike! Wave I must have had a blonde moment also... I was as lost as Michelle. Tongue

Michelle, hope all goes well for Lil Man!

Christine, glad you're feeling better. Let me know when for the Vinnie Pies. Aiming at doing ice cream on the 23rd, like we did last year.

Prayers for Kimmy and JJ today. JJ was getting a CAT scan this morning, to see if one of the arteries is hurting his lung development, and leading to his battles with pneumonia and such.

quote:
Originally posted by suprcheby:
Just wanted to let you all know I have JJ cutting them "O" lights already. When he starts to race I can be a crew chief again and enjoy the winners circle again. I hope his mother gets there this year or I will be forced to terminate her, I am not use to being a first round runner up. LOL

Chuck, you are ok-I do not care what they say about you!

Bob, I went looking for that pic of you and JJ on the tree. Pretty sure I saw the win light on his side??? Big Grin But I couldn't find it. Put Kimmy in the dragster, and get the Camaro back out. Let's see who gets to the winner's circle first! Big Grin And thanks, I think I'm ok too.
Laughing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Kimmy just sent me a text, CAT scan is done. Waiting for results tomorrow.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
I copied this from Kimmy's FB page! Way to go JJ!!

"The dr said he was very surprised to see that everything looked relatively normal on the CT scan. He said he was expecting to see something serious, which is what he had prepared us for at JJ's last appt, but that the only thing he could s...ee was JJ's left bronchus is smaller than his right. He said that may be contributing to the pneumonias but that it should get better as JJ gets older. He also said that the CT scan showed the remnants of the pneumonia JJ is getting over, but that's normal. I am so relieved that all I can do is cry right now. I am so glad that dr was wrong on his initial evaluation of what the CT scan would show. Thank God. Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers, too. You do not know how much it truly means to me. I need to go hug my son now."

We have to get the little sprout growing!! So happy for JJ!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Got the splints out of my nose tday. It sucked big time. It felt like the inside of my nose was being ripped out. I actually cried and it pains me to say that. Then I strted bleeding like a stuck hog, but that seems to have subsided somewhat. The doctor said it's all downhill from here. Praise the Lord! Picked up my motor for my dragster today. I may get her out on the track this year yet!

Scott Kiger

Landmark Coatings Inc.

landmarkcoatings.com

(336)492-2492

(336)463-4309

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Scott, i completely understand the pain making you cry. I had knee surgery on Jan. 25th, and i have cried more in the last month because of the pain, than i have in the last 20 years. Hope everything goes well for you.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Scott, Mouse, Jj, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you. And Lil Man and Manny and everybody else that needs my help.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

I think you are just baiting me to come over there in street and get my butt kick by you pros in that class. Lol. Seriously, the thought has crossed my mind. No matter what we decide I look forward to some warm weather and tire smoke. I have to watch what I say or I will get in trouble with someone else that visits this thread!

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,prutty here today compared to yesterday,got one load hauled and then the storm hit,so we'll wait on hauling more when the price goes back up.......................

Sorry for the confussion while answering with a funny reply to Msfurr remark about the winds blowing the kids toys down this way,I was thinking of the jr.as a toy,did'nt mean anything mean or was I trying to be confussing,Chuck you differently ain't no blondie,anyways maybe we all are like a family for real,and getting to envolved with our internet family,love all you guys,have a great day and we'll see ya'll tomorrow.........................................

Drama,dayum drama,everywhere lol............... No No.................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Lil Man had a great day at school!! He said to tell Chuck that "chics really do dig it!!" lol, the teacher & students made over him all day...back to doc on Friday for more xrays.

Calls from Ohio Crank with N20 questions...makes me smile, means we're getting close to race time. & What's up with gas prices anyway?!?!)

Me n Chuck are just like 2 blonde peas in a pod!! Wink Great news about JJ, Kimmy-I know you have to be so thankful! hope you've got thick pockets this am Mike lol...Prayers all around gang...

hug to my pal Floyd

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
posted my reply before I saw yours Mike, no drama...I just got lost for a minute, (trust me it happens) thought it was funny myself after you 'splained' it to me hug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MsFurr,

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
no drama huh,lurkers......... Hum..........lol.........always sumthing ain't it.................... Big Grin......................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Getting ready for my "Hi, how you doing?" Dr visit. I'm really hoping he clears me to start driving in the next few days. I've only got a month until our season starts and I was really wanting to be there. I don't care if I'm still on crutches or limping, as long as I can crawl in and out of the S10 and mash the loud pedal, I'll be alright.
Michelle, tell Lil man that "chicks dig battle wounds and scars".
Prayers to everyone for a safe a healthy day.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I'll tell him Mouse!

Mike, sometimes I know I should let things lay before acting on them, a great guy told me that once...I think you know the guy who told me that pretty well Wink
You guys ever have one of those days you just want to "do over", thank goodness for 'edit' lol

FurrRacing.com