DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey Ma Brewer,I've got two bad legs,but I'll take one of them lessons,for rain dancing,I would love to see this mud dry up,Mannie's horse's look a Hand shorter right now, Wink I'll trade you some homemade biscuits and gravy for lessons,and you can bring the family and Chuck can come too Big Grin ........................................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning all, it's been busy up in hera this morning! I got to sleep in, that deserves a whoo hoo for sure!
The kids were wanting 'breaksup' breakfast/supper last night, so with leftovers from you guys they had Sunday am breakfast this morning before school...Rick will have to kick in with the sausage gravy & grits~my Dad always says he shoulda been a chef~no doubt about it. Sounds like a good time's coming at the bf's! Anyone who has heard Madi talk knows we are a "country" family-but I just don't think I can handle Lee's cracklins, sorry guys Frown e'thing else sounds delicious!!
Chuck, we went to Beaver Springs back in 2006, we honestly thought we had fell off the face of the earth! lol Beaver Bob was awesome tho..but we just couldn't figure out why they were building bon fires when it was 100 degrees? Never been to PRP.
(Thanks for the nice words about Madi, Mike)
TGIF peeps & peepettes...another weekend off to get things done!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MsFurr,

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Mike, I'm going to start to give lessons. But I warn you, it's not pretty! LOL Just ask Chuck. But I do do a heck of a victory dance when the racers come past our pits. And, I am the only one who can do the "wave" salute all by myself! I love to dance, but my back always says no!!

MsFurr, we would love to have you come to PRP. Just remember, I will be the very shy one!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Christine, NOBODY wants to see me dance. Much will ensue. Besides, you're a skinny Minnie now. Big Grin

MsFurr, Beaver Bob is an excellent promoter. Check out the wrap he put on his truck, it's awesome. I think he still has it on the BSD site. I also started a thread with the close up pics a few weeks ago.

Ummmmm... yeah... Christine = church mouse.
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Leg and sleep both cooperated last night. Am goin' to the Doc this mornin' to have him look at it just cause I can! Gonna ask if perhaps I oughta pick up some horse absorbine jr. on the way home at a vet supply store to put on it to serve two purposes: Promote healing and to keep the flies off my leg! Another of my grandad's old remedies! The best one he had was for those red ant and wasp stings: Chew up a wad of Beechnut tobacco and slap it on that sting! In 15 minutes you was out tryin' to find another wasp or ant to antagonize! You all have a good day, ya hear? Wink Tongue Big Grin I'm stupid Smile just do it Razz

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guy M. Price:
Leg and sleep both cooperated last night. Am goin' to the Doc this mornin' to have him look at it just cause I can! Gonna ask if perhaps I oughta pick up some horse absorbine jr. on the way home at a vet supply store to put on it to serve two purposes: Promote healing and to keep the flies off my leg! Another of my grandad's old remedies! The best one he had was for those red ant and wasp stings: Chew up a wad of Beechnut tobacco and slap it on that sting! In 15 minutes you was out tryin' to find another wasp or ant to antagonize! You all have a good day, ya hear? Wink Tongue Big Grin I'm stupid Smile just do it Razz

My Daddy said to use whiskey or really good moonshine. Cauterizes open wounds and keeps everything away. For joint pain he said just drink it instead. Big Grin

I am going to run tow vehicle tomorrow, don't have car done cause I keep coming in to look at new grandson. He almost 4 days old now.... seeing him makes me feel good. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3086 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Chuck, quit giving the wrong impression of me to these nice people. LOL Now you know how shy I really am.LOL Roll Eyes

Speaking of home remedies, my grandma used to put onions in our socks when we were little to get the fever out! Maybe that's why I don't care for onions?? Eyes

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
another wet 1 Wink

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ""PAT McCROTCH
posted Hide Post
WAKE THE HECK UP AND QUITE RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE NAKED YOUR SCARING THE DOG.
AND B SURE TO WEAR A YELLOW RAIN COAT TODAY ITS RAINING. censored

HANG EM HIGH

Posts: 1023 | Location: RED**** FLA. | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning All,yes it sure is wet and foggy,hope yall have a great day and weekend,and naked under a yellow rain coat,hum Hum.......................Ok Pat..............well gotta go gotta go gotta RODEO................... Big Grin...........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin all, sun shine this am, not going to rain till this evening, gota get workin on the car.
BB upper 50's + sun = get-to-work!

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top O The Morn, Ya'll
Gonna be a muddy mess out today.
ya'll have a goodern.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Everybody,
Getting ready to head back out to Fontucky for Super Chevy. The wind blew yesterday and they shortened the test and tune to 1/8 mile. The track was a little dusty and a couple of novices in dot didn't know how to lift and drove into the wall, 2 in a row. The rest of the day was uneventfull.
Today is supposed to be calm and about 79 degs. Should be a fun day. The car count is way up so Roger Gustin is a happy camper. Now if the fans show up !!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I heard that's why rain coats are yellow?!? Big Grin
Mornin gang...time to get with it, Mike~hoping you & Mannie have a ball at the zoo & beach! Wear 'em out Floyd...Pat, Pat, Pat~need I say more Tongue
We needed to test a jr, looks like e'thing is closed Frown

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Dr. says leg is progressing well, just takes a long time for muscles to heal! "Take it slow and easy" he says and supposedly in another few weeks I will be good as new. Only bad thing is it seem our local track is wanting to combine a Monster Truck event, jet car racing, etc. with our next Summitt team race! Anyone in their right mind knows that Monster trucks doing their "brodies" on a dragstrip does not make a safe and condusive drag strip nor does jet cars spewing kerosine on the track help improve the quality and safety of the track! I can see the track's point of view, they want to combine several events so they don't have to turn on the lights for a bracket race and spectator gala as well on two different dates! I don't think they fully realize the unsafe conditions that this will create for racers who, like at NHRA National events, will be used to "fill in" between the spectator events which I call "dog and pony shows"! If I wanted to go to a "dog and pony show" and paid my hard earned dollars to see such, I darned sure don't care about watching a bunch of bracket cars race that has one car leaving before another! Nobody is teaching the spectators about bracket racing, they are getting them their to watch a spectacle, not teach folks about bracket racing!
It's another case of the "runt pig sucking hind teat"! Mad Eyes I'm stupid No No censored Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
my be dry today Wink

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin Rooster and the rest of the folks.
BB

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Motnin y'all,
It's back out ot Super Chevy this mornin.
Yesterday was not my best of days. Did the burnout for the first pass and the damn truck died. It wouldn't restart. The needle and seat stuck and flooded the motor. Got towed back to the pits, took the carberator apart, found a tiny piece of rubber in a needle and seat. Pulled the plugs, pumped a lot of gas out and put in new plugs. Had one more hit coming, let go of the button and blew those radials away. The old truck didn't move 3 feet before it shifted into second gear. So much for running DOT. Anybody want to buy a pair of MT 315x60rX15 street radials? Put the slicks on, changed classes and I guess I'll just give it my best shot in first round this mornin with no practice. No problem, last weekend it ran a 10.74, 76, 75 and a 78 so I got a fair idea what to dial. Wish me luck on the tree, have a great day.
The racing might not have been good yesterday but the food was. We had 60 lbs of ribs, potatoes, salads and some good drinks. They guy pitted next to us had huge shrimp, huge scallops, halibut and lobster tails. He's from Alaska and always puts on a big feed.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning All,Rooster and Big L good to see yall guy up and at em,Floyd,sorry for the rough day racing,but sounds like you eat good,makes me want to come race with you Wink if it wasn't so far,well I'm sitting in the Motel room in Wilmington,NC down here with Mannie for his B-Day tomorrow,got to play on the beach a little late yesterday,water was cold,but found lots of sea shells and Mannie got to chase the birds,so he had fun,anyway supposed to clear up later today and sunny tomorrow,so we will make the best of whatever it throws at us,he say he wants to see a torbanator (Mannie language)I say I hope not,kids say the darest things Wink OK you all have a gooden,MsFurr wish you and the family were here,thanks for the,well you know Thanks..... Wink Big Grin...............Well off to see the Battleship......O Mannie wanted to know if he could take it for a ride,I said NO.......... Eyes Tongue Smile......................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Wind was blowing so hard last night, I thought I may end up in Kansas. I hope you guys have fun on the USS North Carolina, Mike. It's been a long time since I was on it. I like seeing it as I make my way to Holden on vacation.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post