DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Sorry Floyd,I forget sometimes,all folks don't live out here in the country and kill their on food,tenderloin,is the lean meat along the backbone of a hog,and it is naturally tender,so it's tenderloin,and some folks run it through a tenderizer to make it even more tender,so it could be considered the fillet mignon of a hog,I quess,but no better meat (to me) on a hog,but theirs only two long strips along his or her backbone,um good,fried up and leave a couple of pieces in the bottom of the frying pan and make your creme gravy right on top of them,there have been more fights started over who gets the tenderloin in the bottom of the pan,than someone calling your sister a bad name............. Eyes Tongue......................ofcourse I'm not kidddinng............................. Laughing ....................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
came & ate all alone Monday, I know I typed a book but I had a lot to say-of course that's usually the case with me, Dad always said I would talk-well he said argue-with a brick wall...lol wish you guys had been there we really had a good time...anyway, Floyd the tenderloin I was talking about was the same thing Mike is, huge pieces 1 1/2 inches thick, white & tender...good stuff. We just call the beef version filet. we have hamburger & dogs too! Wink

Sorry about your Mom Mike, hope she heals quickly! She is tough, guess we know where you get it Wink

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'll have to ask my butcher about that. Maybe he's from some where else and will know what I'm talking about. I'm getting hungry.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Back piloting my LMFD, woo. Had a good weekend off, sleeping in and resting mostly. Then got the charging problem on the Cutlass taken care of. Wire on the plug into the alternator broke, after only 41 years and at least 4-5 alternator changes from me. Thanks to my buddy Rich for helping me out, we cleaned up some other wiring I had rigged up in there, and put new terminal ends on the battery cables. Hopefully this weather forecast holds, and we'll have a fun weekend.

Hi Mike! Wave Sure am sorry to hear about mom. I know what you're saying about stubborn... my parents are so stubborn, they refuse to admit I got my stubbornness from them. Big Grin Glad Mannie is having some fun with the fooseball. That's good stuff.

Michelle, glad you had a great time at Pinks. Let us know when it airs. I'll have to find a place to watch it or get someone to tape it.

Floyd, glad you got the hay hauler ready to make some noise and smoke.

Mouse, the Clancy novels are pretty good. I've only read the Jack Ryan series (Hunt For Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, etc). They're all thick books, where he starts off about 10 different places, and ties it all together as the book moves along. Good stuff if you've got the time for it. If you like quick reads, try Robert B. Parker's Spenser series. You can knock about 2 a day out.

Been meaning to ask this from y'all, for some prayers for my Aunt RuthAnn... she was on a bus that got into an accident with a car that shouldn't have been where it was, and she fell and got a compression fracture in her back. She's in some pain, and it's hard to treat because of where it is in the back. She's got great spirits and is always on the move, so this is bringing her down a little.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Aunt Ruth Ann, was she in that picture you posted once Chuck? Good deal on the altenator, don't you love it when it finally "clicks"!!
Fooseball is fun stuff, hope Mannie is having a blast, send us a schedule Mike! Do you know if anyone is racing this weekend around here?
Have fun this weekend Chuck, looks beautiful here, sunny & 70's!!
Madi goes to college tomorrow crying well, just for the day but I know it's coming & I know I'm not gonna like it when it does...my babies are growing up! (at least it's Radford & not tech!)
Nov 26th is the date I'm hearing on the Pinks show...thinking I'm gonna sound like a country bumpkin-if I make the interview part...camera guy "what happened?" me "I think he got tree'd" camera guy "ya think????" me with a look of duh??!?!?!? oh & then there's the part with the camera in your face waiting for your reaction, all the wins for Chris I'm trying to yell but with laryngitis sounded more like a sqawking chicken!
Miss you Nicole, Ma B...hope you guys are good!!Floyd come on over here...me & Mike will hook you up on realllll country! Wink use to love deer hunting with Dad 'cause that meant deer tenderloin...good stuff!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
if you guys didn't see the other topic here is the link to some pinks video, Rick & Camaro are at 1:33 seconds

pinks

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,pretty here too,a little cool,early in the morning,but warms right up,up in the day...........................

Well,Mannie's team won last night,they're doing better,we have another game in the Carolinas,tomorrow night,and then a double header Sunday afternoon,Mannie is still learning the game,but getting better all the time,made several tackles,and saved a touchdown in the late part of the game,but I got to tell this on him,while he's still little and at school right now,but the coach gave him a play,where he would run the ball staight up the middle..............and when the play started,Mannie just stood there,never moved.
So a busted play,the coach ask Mannie what happened,it was your run.
This is classic,he said you said run the ball through the no.2 h@le,and that was at that big guy(which weighs 132 at 9yrs.old)Mannie weighing 62,pads and all,he said I don't want that big boy falling on me,so I stood still,lol,what can you say,but ok,he is only 8,but may live to be 100,which I did,have a long talk about big and little,I think he understands now..........................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayer to Ruth Ann,and all others having issues,see ya'll in a bit.......................................................

Hey Chuck Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
3 weeks down, 3 or 4 more i'm guessing to go.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Thanks for the prayers for my aunt. No, she wasn't in the pic I had posted awhile back. I'd put one up but she doesn't sit still! Honestly! She's been on the go since she retired, always doing something, line dancing, volunteering, book clubs, out with my cousin, she's who they modeled the Energizer bunny after. So it really pains her to be in a bed all day.

I was going through some family pics of just this summer, and editing them so I can upload to PB, and they brought a happy tear to my eye. Can't imagine seeing them off to college, and my oldest niece is only a year and a half away from graduating high school.

Hi Mike! Wave Great stuff with Mannie! Cracking up! Gotta say, he's a thinker!! Big Grin

Michelle, load up, get Mike and Mannie, and come on up for the weekend. $2k to win both Saturday and Sunday, trick or treating Saturday evening, what could be better? Big Grin We'll make you hot dogs. And maybe Christine will make gobs.

That is, if she's up to it... her birthday is tomorrow, and our friend Jake's is also this week, so we're gathering tonight to hoist one or two and have a nosh. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning you all,going be another nicen around here today,gotta get out and finish loading a load of cars this morning to take to the crusher in the morning early,trying to out think the DOT,they're on the warpath again,even hauling legal,it's tough trying to make a living legally,they can find stuff wrong even if it's right,so anyway gotta get it...................................

Got some eggs bacon and grits,this morning,so come and get it,mite find a biscuit or two,prayers all over and see ya'll after bit.....................................

Wave Hey Chuck,yea Mannie's a thinker alright,fooseball mite be his game......................... Smile..........................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
I always wanted a long vacation where i didn't have to do anything if i didn't want to, but this isn't quite what i had planned. Oh well, better enjoy it while i can.
Y'all have a good one.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I think it's my Friday, knock on wood. As long as the day doesn't explode on me, I'll be able to keep my day off tomorrow, button up the Cutlass wiring, and go racing all weekend. Plus I get Monday off for Columbus Day. It's good to be me. Big Grin

Hi Mike! Wave I think that's another reason I stay a street car... I don't want to have to deal with The Man when he's getting uppity.

Mouse, I hope you're getting back to normal with the knee. I've thought the same thing about being off and not doing anything, but it sounds like it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Bunch of us went out last night to celebrate Christine's birthday (today) and Jake's (Friday). Had to be at least 20 people there, good time. Normally, I would never divulge a woman's age, but Christine's birthday is even more special this year as she turns.... 53
Big hugs Christine!! hug hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Chrstine!
Chuck, things still aren't normal with the knee. I'm still on crutches with no weight put on my leg. Our driveway is a couple hundred feet long, so yesterday i thought i'd drive my pickup down to the mailbox. Big mistake. It was just really uncomfortable going down the driveway, but when i had to put on the brakes, it really hurt. I've never been a left foot braker, so i guess it will still be awhile before i can drive anywhere. The only time i use my left foot is rolling from the waterbox to the stagelights.
Oh well, i got nothing but time for it to heal the way i want it.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mouse, you better practice with that left foot. Learn how to finish line drive. Tongue

Happy Birthday, Christine! I do luv younger women! Ice Cream

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hi Wave happy b'lated birthday Ma B, wow that number is amazing in so many ways...luv ya!

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,just got in from a trip to the crusher,left at 4:30am,after a blow trailer tire,and a exhaust donut gasket blowing out on the truck,I'm back and ready for a nap.......... Sleep.........................

I'm sure ya'll seen my Proud PaPa thread,on the board,I'm really proud of Mannie,I believe he's finally understanding the game,uh think, Big Grin anyways as long as he's having fun,I'm happy,but when he plays like he played last night,I get all puffed up in the chest,I just got to explain this winning thing again,coming home last night from the game,he said dad that other team is good,maybe we will beat them next time,I said son you all won,37 to 18,he said oh............... Wink.............................

Ya'll have a gooden,and happy b-day MaB,and prayers for all,and see ya'll afterwhile.........................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning Sleep Smile......................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Goin to be a lazy day, just watchin the Maple Grove results. Got to keep cheering for my buddies, the McClanahans, they still have the super stock point lead. They went all the way back there from Calif. to protect that lead. Good luck, Boys! Car

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Floyd, i'm with you. Looks like another lazy day for me, again. Football on t.v. and the Div 4 bracket final on 1320.com from Ennis, Tx. I'm sure my wife i gonna be proud of me today.
Oh, and Floyd, i do drag the brake with my left foot driving the stripe, but that's about it. When it comes to driving around town and in traffic, i'm just not comfortable using my left foot.
Y'all have a good un.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mouse, I was just pickin on ya. I figured an old footbraker knew how to drag the brake. Tongue
My buddies are doin good at Maple Grove. Their nearest competitor for the title went out in rd 1 and they have gotten past rd 2. Private Ryan is flyin! Car
Evertbody have a gooden. Praying Angel hug