DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that anyone that has complained about the past owner and the track manager over this past year should now do as I plan on doing and support the new owner by racing at the track or spectating (if you do not own a drag car). I plan to do just that, I wanted the old ownership to move on, they did so now I need to support the new owner and provide him the chance to succeed without bringing up all the past sins of the track.

Prest, there should be no BS at this point provided we as keyboard racers, allow the owner to put together a plan without passing rumors or commenting on things we do not know is true. You guys that are already complaining about the way Greg ran PRP should afford the new owner and Greg (if he is truely going to be running things) the opportunity to succeed by not starting to comment. First, the place can not be worse than it was in the past 4 years. Second, Greg may run this track differently than he was able to run PRP due to the management he works for or just because he has learned from his mistakes.

Also, realize many of the issues that I have seen on here were one time issues, Kevin Romeo who is a regular at PRP says the guy did a good job. That means more to me than someone that had one experience with the guy. Maybe that experience was affected by a bad day or maybe Greg was only the mouthpiece of a decision he had no control over. Now lets let the owner and his team run the programs the way they want to and we should wait till the end of next season to begin passing judgement.....I am betting this season will be far superior when compared to the last 4 years under the dumb and dumber show.

That's the best post you've ever posted

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wow!!im impressed with that post btb..but i have a feeling that you and i are already best friends... Wink

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Tony, Thanks.

Prest, Maybe.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
The new web sight is up. Wave Ice Cream

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of BuffaloChunk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
The new web sight is up. Wave Ice Cream

Yep, and when I first pulled it up it had a coountdown that said "113 days, x hours, x minutes...til the season starts!" That went away as I explored. Maybe they weren't ready to announce April 16th as opening day yet! Big Grin Also, check this out:
http://www.quakercitymotorsportspark.com/entries.php

Ron Huntley, Jr.
Announcer and half - Red Faceed racer
“Those who can - do. Those who can't - criticize.”

Posts: 140 | Location: Ravenna, OH | Registered: April 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Still pending but that is a great start for the payout and entry fees. Better to come in conservative and be able to increase it to make people happy if things go good instead of starting high and cutting it during the season.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all you Quaker racers!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
merry christmas to all..and some1 let me know when we are allowed to not like a certain payout structure on a certain web site..thanks jr.. Cool

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
THE MADMAN WILL NOW SPEEKTH.the mega team will start checking the fleet shortly after the new year.the crickets jr will be getting new paint and some driver ajustments.(the kid grew 3 inches)the hopper,if i don't strangle him before spring,will be at the helm of the mustang and possably the dragster, if my body shop keeps going strong.the bird of prey falcon gets a new heart ,trans and maybe a different gear to tame it down some.the pumpkin has had hand money down on it since sept.feb.1st is now the sell date for it the buyer says.however i do have a buyer with cash in hand.should i sell it or hold it til feb.elgreeneo are you coming back to the quake or still going north.how about you andy,are you coming back to the getto.if there renting spots i'am going for three.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to racing there a couple times this season. Truthfully I haven't in the past because of what I had heard about the way the track had been run. I'd definately make the drive if Greg got the nod...and I hope they can get a Div race in the future...I'm not looking forward to driving to KY twice this season..Frown

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!
Madman---For The Pumpkin, First one with the CASH!! SOLD!!
If they are renting pit spots, I will return to the Ghetto. 202 is my weekend home, although this coming year I plan to spend more time at some different tracks.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
i cant even get them to take my calls at qcr!!guess i pi ssed them off already this year..imagine that..such a shame,i was really hoping for a 800 and 200 range for payouts..but i guess it just aint going to happen..oh well at least we have our memoreys of the good ole days at qcr.. Banging Head

quote:
some1 let me know when we are allowed to not like a certain payout structure on a certain web site..thanks jr.. Cool

So $800/$350/$100 is just too much for you since all you wanted was $800/$200 last year?

The new payout is superior to what we have raced for the last couple years. What was the average car count? What was the average payout? How many times did that place actually pay more than $500 to win yet alone a semi money and not just round money? You want $1000 or $1200 to win it's real simple; get your NHRA license and chassis certs for Norwalk and National Trail. There is always room to increase the purse but putting your self into a position that forces you to cut the purse isn't going to set well with racers coming in to give the new management a shot.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of high-gear
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
i cant even get them to take my calls at qcr!!guess i pi ssed them off already this year..imagine that..such a shame,i was really hoping for a 800 and 200 range for payouts..but i guess it just aint going to happen..oh well at least we have our memoreys of the good ole days at qcr

Hey Prest? Did you ever think they might have caller ID and saw who it was and that's the reason no one is taking your call?? Hum

I say........give the place a chance. This is all new to him and he has to learn to. Just like your first time down the track, you had to learn things to. Oh wait, your a Prest! Of course you cut a perfect light and ran right on your dial first time . Silly me. Rolling

Posts: 293 | Location: PA | Registered: May 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wow how old was that post??and wtf?i didnt say anything about not giving them a chance..but what about the racers??car count gamblers races dont work in this area.when was the last time we had 15-24 cars in s/p on a friday night?has happend but not very often..i was just really hoping for a payout structure that would bring more cars to the game and make them want to stay over for the wknd..and ron.the higher power will have to respond to your idiotic post. No No
quote:
Originally posted by high-gear:
quote:
quote:
i cant even get them to take my calls at qcr!!guess i pi ssed them off already this year..imagine that..such a shame,i was really hoping for a 800 and 200 range for payouts..but i guess it just aint going to happen..oh well at least we have our memoreys of the good ole days at qcr

Hey Prest? Did you ever think they might have caller ID and saw who it was and that's the reason no one is taking your call?? Hum

I say........give the place a chance. This is all new to him and he has to learn to. Just like your first time down the track, you had to learn things to. Oh wait, your a Prest! Of course you cut a perfect light and ran right on your dial first time . Silly me. Rolling

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
Picture of high-gear
posted Hide Post
quote:
and ron.the higher power will have to respond to your idiotic post.

This isn't Ron and I'm not an idiot. Calm down and don't get your feathers get ruffled No No
It will all work out,you'll see. Wave

Posts: 293 | Location: PA | Registered: May 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
well mrs ron,i dont need your or any bodys help to look foolish.and i have full intentions of supporting qcrmp this year.all i am saying is a car count program on a friday night just may not work.i really dont want to race my equipment for $250.i know i dont have to race but thats not the point.this structure is worse then dan and anns program..and as a racer and as great of a manager we may get.he should know that!"IMO".

Photobucket

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That post was from March 2010 when you couldn't get a straight answer after the banquet on payouts for this past summer or a call from the track. It looks like the new owner said, "Dang, that's all Jr. wants? Well, I can give him a little more and round money."

The Friday night program looks to be very close to the Magnolia payout and you have raced that plenty of times. There are still a lot of variables left to be disclosed. Is it a combo race or is this payout per class? If it is a combo race, is it based on total car count? As far as I can tell you, not many tracks offering a Friday night or 2 day weekend. Maybe 42 and Mags does a Saturday if they get the car count but even that, it is about the same payout as a gamblers program.

Like I told you when you called to solicit an opinion, the payout is better than what you have run for in the last 2 or 3 years out there.
Give it time to see what the overall program is and let it be set in stone. It's still pending on the website. It's always easier to start low and then increase then it is to cut a purse.

Go open your Christmas gifts and enjoy your day.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I see where it says gamblers race payout but I don't see anywhere that it says friday night payout? I'm stupid Maybe you should wait till they are set in stone before b!tching.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PX88
posted Hide Post
I hope that things work out great for the track. I raced there once last year(my first time) and I would like a good reason to give it a try again this coming season. I always thought it was a cool track.

JT Harrold
Mod PX88
88 Camaro RS

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to all

Posts: 14 | Location: Chardon,Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post