DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Who are MADMonte and LeadHead? PRP wasnt a bad place to race last year. Every track deals with problems and most of them dont have the car count that PRP does. Just my two cents!

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I didn't get there often, but I was treated fine when I was there, program ran well, track hooked. What more can a racer ask for?

Good point about the car count too

Posts: 51 | Location: Niles, OH | Registered: October 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^ meant to say didn't get to PRP often

No dog in the junior fight, wasn't there for that. Seems to me that PRP juniors more than hold their own though, judging from bracket final results.

Posts: 51 | Location: Niles, OH | Registered: October 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will be the first person to admit that there are always soe glitches in the program at PRP. Is there a perfect racing program? I dont think there is? If anyone is racing at the perfect track that has no glitches in the program please let me know, Ill be racing there. I feel that people just need to support the local tracks. I live 1 mile from PRP and race there because it is convenient and I like the facility. I also make trips to Beaver, Quaker, Norwalk every year to support the race tracks. People need to be happy to have a place to go and race every week. I understand some of the problems you mention Andy V. but in the long run PRP is a great place to be all summer long.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

Posts: 47 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I deleted my post as we just need to see who and what Quaker has to offer everyone this season. It will no doubt be a major improvement over the years past!! Greg and PRP ownership know my feelings on what went on last year and there is no need to rehash them here.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QCReliminator:
I didn't get there often, but I was treated fine when I was there, program ran well, track hooked. What more can a racer ask for?

Good point about the car count too

Hmmm... I would be willing to bet, oh lets say $100 bill, by reading some of your previous post that you don't live in Ohio and you were a regular to PRP last year. Up for the bet?

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Last trip we took to PRP was for the Halloween race the year they had the dragster shootout. The program was behind schedule and not run as advertised. Greg had a meeting under the pavailion and told us all the the dragster shootout would go down the track, no other cars and we would be out at a specific time with a round robin format for the race. None of that happened.

The next meeting was held to cancel the evening and what would take place the next day. We took option B to get our money back at the gate the next morning. The poor lady in the booth was swamped. She called Greg over the radio and on his phone. Finally she got him on the track radio. The tone and his response was far from professional or polite. One of the owners came to the booth and apologized to us for the treatment and gave us our refund. That was our last trip to PRP.

Here is what I will say. Greg made an attempt to do something with the program at the track. Greg did work hard on and around the track whenver we had been there. Maybe if someone could get Greg to brush up on his people skills and time management skills it could be a good thing.

Like mentioned, good or bad, it is still better than before.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well beings they are starting rumors then here's mine, I heard they are hiring Timmy from Norwalk to run the place! big idea

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Greenie- I was told that formely red, now green monza's that were occassionally known to run over the logs for the fire were going to be asked not to take short cuts thru the grass to get to their pit spots.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
well we can try him,and he doesnt work out we can linch his arse,and send him back to prp,i really hope he doesnt bring his heavy hitting son with him..lol..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of dragracer862
posted Hide Post
who is greg miller

Posts: 10 | Location: Rootstown Oh | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Shawn I think the driver of that car learned his leason that night and no longer takes short cuts period! Wink But we did find the missing firewood that night! Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
And I just thought that was Ron's way of trying to chase you out of the neighborhood.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As far as the Halloween race two years ago when they had the dragster givaway race. I will take the blame for the race not getting run to completion after the dragster race. I won the race and put down 6 quarts of trans fluid in the final. It wasnt the cold that was the problem that night it was the fluid, it was way to cold and way to much fluid to get it safely cleaned in a reasonable ammount of time. I feel that they tried their hardest that weekend and it turned out to be a decent race on sunday offering 5k to win for each class. Like I said before I am a racer who wants to race anywhere doesnt matter where just want to go down the track and win races. I feel that PRP has made big improvements over the time when Greg Miller was in charge, I feel that the improvements will continue to be made with new management. It is a great place to race nomatter how you feel about the track. Quaker City is one of my favorite tracks to race at, I have done very well there in the past and am glad the track is still running and is under new management. I plan on racing there much more this summer being that I have the entire summer off work now. Looking forward to racing at PRP and Quaker in 2011.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmission
Jones RV

DRR Sportsman
Picture of LAZ Racing
posted Hide Post
How about we all show up on opening day without any pre-conceived expectations and give the new owner, manager, etc… a chance to build the business!

LAZ Racing
3720 S/C Q/R

Posts: 342 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty Phillips
posted Hide Post
Greg miller would be an outstanding asset to Quaker. As far as his credentials on what he has done at Pitt speaks for themselves. Yes there were problems at the Halloween races but what track does run a Halloween race from top to bottom as per schedule I have yet to see any halloween race where things are run on schedule and changes aren't made on the fly. That goes for a lot of tracks up north that run a big race that time of year with the elemént of weather. As for what he brought to prp. Look at the bracket finals their teams have always showed unity look at their stands they were full during élims. Also if it wasn't for greg there would not have had a dragster race their two yrs ago. After all the bashing I see on here about greg and what Quaker has been in the past few yrs. You Guys are going to be that picky. That's as bad as cousin Eddie holding out for a management position.lol

2009 SUMMIT SUPER SERIES BOX WORLD CHAMPION!!!

2010 HAS BEEN
2011 LIKE TO TELL STORIES ABOUT 2009
2012 RELOCATING TO KY.

Posts: 100 | Location: lagrange ky | Registered: October 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
mr. prest, remember u don't want to start the year out on probation!

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
mr. prest, remember u don't want to start the year out on probation!
Busted Rolling

SP... ankle bracelet and trailer arrest. I can see it now!!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LAZ Racing:
How about we all show up on opening day without any pre-conceived expectations and give the new owner, manager, etc… a chance to build the business!

X2......beat me to the post!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
I don't know why anyone would want to be a track manager. That job would suck! If it is true I say welcome Greg Miller

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post