DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
All I can say is as long as it isn't Ann! No No

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Greenawald:
I don't know why anyone would want to be a track manager. That job would suck!

Now that in itself is the truest statement to the form. Lets face it, as racers, we can be the most difficult to please. Always expecting top dollar, perfect track and the optimal program every day that gate opens. And if we don't get it.... censored

SP... poster child on board.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Silly Season has begun!! Ice Cream

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
why would i be on probation already?i havent done anything??? Wave

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:

I'm sure you will. Busted

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I thought this may be a rumor free season. Guess I was wrong. I hear Bowtie Bobby has applied to run the track. Why the talk of this guy from PRP?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Rumor free season? Rolling Laughing Rolling

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Banging Head BanMust have been that guy hank.
911 is always calm kool and as always perfect in all ways .

Posts: 11 | Location: ohio | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
HERE'S A LITTLE INFO ABOUT THE "OLD " QCR....

http://www.morningjournalnews....-Salem.html?nav=5006

Posts: 166 | Location: Northeast OHIO | Registered: October 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Team-Schuster:
HERE'S A LITTLE INFO ABOUT THE "OLD " QCR....

http://www.morningjournalnews....-Salem.html?nav=5006

The City of Salem should have put the money in an escrow account.

By the same token, that whole deal seemed shady from the start.

After all, since when does someone give you $10,000 for an agreement not to sell your property to anyone else for a year, but you have to give all of that money back if the party wanting to make the purchase can't put the deal together?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
I guess Salem knows how the racers felt...

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
QCRobservr...thanks for the vote of confidence and trust me, I could run that place better than the past management group of dumb and dumber, but I would rather bring my dragster back to the track and support the new owner. Sounds like their might be an opening at PRP. Kevin, where can I send my resume?

I am proud to say that if anything I posted here over the past year helped get Dan and Ann to sell the track, then I did my job. Good Riddence. I am glad to know that everytime I pay for entrance to the track that the money will not end up in the pockets of crooks, even if they are ddiinnoo's friends.

I think I may even buy the pitspot next to my good buddy Prest or ddiinnoo this upcomming year. Hell, maybe we can be good friends by the end of the season.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
im at my limit for friends,sorry maybe next year.im so glad i sold the racecar and wont have to deal with the bs next year..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
im so glad i sold the racecar and wont have to deal with the bs next year..

Bill... it's not January yet. Your not allowed to use that line 2 times in the same year!!

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Just glad track is still there. I'm going to pay the entry fee, smile, maybe win a couple of rounds. Best of luck to new owner, I'll be there more than not. IMO better than spending $30-$40 for a movie/food at the theater. Getting motor back from Ronnie V's House Of Horsepower sometime in March. Hoping for low 8.0's or high 7's. Prest911, what's up with selling the bird?

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ExoticFab5018
posted Hide Post
I think its a good move to get someone in there that has run another drag strip that is a successful track. Every time Ive been to PRP the track was very comparable to NRP numbers, had a good time, if it wasnt a long up and down tow there Id race it more often. I think Greg could put together a good program for the racers, maybe bring in some bigger races like they had at prp. Rock on Norm! Car

Posts: 123 | Location: Hubbard,OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
its a yearly statement!!the bird will be with us forever!!!

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hay eye gots no job eye wood like to bee da trac maneger! as longs as da pay is more den $7.45 a hour, dats whats eyes gets makin fries

Posts: 83 | Location: Farmington | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
I think that anyone that has complained about the past owner and the track manager over this past year should now do as I plan on doing and support the new owner by racing at the track or spectating (if you do not own a drag car). I plan to do just that, I wanted the old ownership to move on, they did so now I need to support the new owner and provide him the chance to succeed without bringing up all the past sins of the track.

Prest, there should be no BS at this point provided we as keyboard racers, allow the owner to put together a plan without passing rumors or commenting on things we do not know is true. You guys that are already complaining about the way Greg ran PRP should afford the new owner and Greg (if he is truely going to be running things) the opportunity to succeed by not starting to comment. First, the place can not be worse than it was in the past 4 years. Second, Greg may run this track differently than he was able to run PRP due to the management he works for or just because he has learned from his mistakes.

Also, realize many of the issues that I have seen on here were one time issues, Kevin Romeo who is a regular at PRP says the guy did a good job. That means more to me than someone that had one experience with the guy. Maybe that experience was affected by a bad day or maybe Greg was only the mouthpiece of a decision he had no control over. Now lets let the owner and his team run the programs the way they want to and we should wait till the end of next season to begin passing judgement.....I am betting this season will be far superior when compared to the last 4 years under the dumb and dumber show.

Priest, one more thing, if you have an opening in that long line of friends you have, please keep me in mind...OK?

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Is it racing season yet? Car Car