DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Norwalk is the exact opposite as you describe. Jrs. start at 9 am, We get first time trials for big cars at 12, our first round is about 1:30, second time trial at 4:30, first round of eliminations at 8:00. Lots of time to cool parts, socialize, repair parts, whatever. But it requires all day to race....I have been having a great time though. Lots of cars...160 is not uncommon for the pro class, total of 400 to 500 cars every week.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
I have to go there some day never been there, my daughter has been asking to go for the last 2 years. Since I have been racing the past 5 years I have only raced at QCR and once at PRP at bracket finals, my daughter has raced at mag and prp for the jrs never went anywhere else. Never needed to or wanted to. I guess the fun I got out of racing was spending the day at the track while racing after working all week, if the jrs are over at 12:30 or even 1:00 and I am not running what is keeping me there, I remeber my first night of fire, It was third round at 2:00 in the morning and the stands still had people in them. racing was fun I guess what I am saying is jrs are for the kids why push them out, This is the future of a costly slowly dieing sport. Missing

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
well norwalk wasnt what we thought it was gonna be we thought tht Ice Cream there was going to be outlaw 10.5 cars , drag radial, true street , they had the animal jim pro mod and the super cobra jet mustang Ice Cream ANNNDDDDD GRASSHOPPER he didnt do so good in super pro or quick 16 and the story behind he qualifying is just luck 4 cars broke then he was in the show first q16 qualifying run then he was knocked out by a probe but they didnt have enough dragsters so they filled the field with doorcars 'they gave it to me' says grasshopper

Posts: 21 | Location: Clinton,PA | Registered: June 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
the next day they started q16 real soon after they dried the track he got the nitros bottle filled up when he brought it back it was icceecold later he Ice Cream Ice Cream Ice Cream went out first round soo ya thts wht happened Ice Cream

Posts: 21 | Location: Clinton,PA | Registered: June 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it can be a long day....so be prepared for that. You do get to enjoy the day at the races, but plan for it to be the entire day and then some, sometimes.

I like the time to unwind after a run and then relax before the next. Like you said, it shouldn't be like a job. That is another thing I like about the points program...you run a couple of weeks in a row and then have a couple weeks off. You can race elsewhere or go on vacation without missing points events. But, you need to do well when you run for points because there are so few events that each one counts. Just my 2cents....

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
well norwalk wasnt what we thought it was gonna be we thought tht there was going to be outlaw 10.5 cars , drag radial, true street , they had the animal jim pro mod and the super cobra jet mustang ANNNDDDDD GRASSHOPPER he didnt do so good in super pro or quick 16 and the story behind he qualifying is just luck 4 cars broke then he was in the show first q16 qualifying run then he was knocked out by a probe but they didnt have enough dragsters so they filled the field with doorcars 'they gave it to me' says grasshopper

I can't understand a word you typed. How about a period or maybe a capital letter every once in a while. It would make your posts alot easier to read.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Tony, Little cricket is just that,young and carrying the same genes as the madman! Eyes
Give him some time and maybe he will prove us all wrong about that gang. Wink
Also a little too much time around those fords is a bad influence on the brain. Rolling

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
10-4. Smile

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Tony, Little cricket is just that,young and carrying the same genes as the madman! Eyes
Give him some time and maybe he will prove us all wrong about that gang. Wink
Also a little too much time around those fords is a bad influence on the brain. Rolling

Green, I been around those Fords a long time and I'm OK....Right???? Hum Confused help censored
Young Cricket is what The Megateam needed to get revitalized. I was lucky enough to spend some quality time with that Bunch this past weekend.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Andy do you really want me to answer that question? Hum

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
July 31 Stock/Super Stock Race and Regular race program night? Anyone know race schedule? Might try Quaker if regular race round 1 is before 8pm. Website doesn't give much.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XX78 Altered:
July 31 Stock/Super Stock Race and Regular race program night? Anyone know race schedule? Might try Quaker if regular race round 1 is before 8pm. Website doesn't give much.

Didn't I read you were camping out at Night Under Fire?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
He LL, he is going to race everywhere....Norwalk, QCR, maybe even Magnolia and Thompson. Hey XX78, QCR usually has the whole program run before 8 pm, in fact, the place is closed up, venders gone, slots turned off, and the rabbit safely tucked away in bed before 8 pm.....have you not raced there this past year. How long do you think it takes to run less than 50 cars through 2 time trials, and 5 rounds of eliminations...heck, the owner actually could cut the grass after the race if he wanted, but then again, why cut the grass?

Anyone know if someone reported a delay box in a pro car yet?

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
is it in a blue car?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It's in bowties head! He is starting more stuff.

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
XX78,
Big cars start time runs at Noon or shortly thereafter. 1st rd is between 3-4 and been getting finished between 6-7.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Could be Mr. Prest, could be.

You know, a series of electrical relays tied into an adjustable transbrake button is the same as an electrical timer, correct? Delayed current to release a transbrake or four wheel line lock is the same as a biondo delay box to me. Whether you make it yourself or whether you buy it, a delay box is a delay box.

If you can control the launch of the car and not leave off the bottom bulb, then it should and is illegal for pro class....

If he did not believe he was illegal, then why is it hidden and not out in the open.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here is some advice. Take your protest fee to the track owner. You,the owner, and the Tech official approach the car in question and YOU point out what is illegal and show everyone where it is, what it is, and how it works. My suggestion would be to meet on the return rd. Man up! or shut up! There is a reason you are getting beat and 90% of it is between your ears. Wasn't it bull**** like this that killed that class a few yrs ago? .030 bulb and .01 off will win most of the races in that class anyways.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Oh this should get good, popcorn anyone? I can see it now New Rule for '11 No Blue cars in Pro Bwahahahaha! Ice Cream

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So in your theory if I smash my arm and hand up so that it hurts too bad to release the button quickly then I have a delay box? Like stated above MAN UP yourself!
Darn that elmor fudd guy sure can't get over the fact that he can't get the wabbit.