DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ken, we miss you.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Ken bus is leaving for Bristol on Thursday for the WFC... You going this year? STEWART

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff, I need a Pibb refill please. Come over and eat with us too, we'll be cooking all weekend.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Will do Chuck already in the motorhome...

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moderate Joe:
Sometimes things don't always get read and sometimes the meanings get lost in the emotionless keyboard. Sounds like you guys have some questions that would be better off addressed with track management direct. Remember, it is a business and every good business person always has their door open for the customers. Feedback is important. With compliments come criticism in any business but being direct gets better results.

Rolling Rolling Laughing Rolling RollingObviously you have never raced at this track. This track has either Bann or pi$$ed off more racers for trying to address management directly than any other track. Missing Ban But I do find this post funny....wonder what made DRR post this on this site.... Hum????

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am only wondering why Bowtiebobby is so hard on the race track.Maybe he has a good reason. I dont know. I have only been there a few times and it is a super nice place. I wish it well because when a dragstrip closes they do not build new ones. so support the place you will miss it if it goes. just my 2c

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
cricket will now speeketh we will be thrashing on the junior tommorow night putting in the seat belts adjusting them then we will invade the quake grasshopper will be testing the nitros and i will be putting through the pits getin a hold of tht car Car Ice Cream

Posts: 21 | Location: Clinton,PA | Registered: June 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warning cricket, I guess that will mean more cleanup's crying

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
OK guys, I got to speak up. I have talked to a couple of you in person and not sure if Wayne got my message either. Bottom line, Dan has turned the ship around at the track this year. Rules have not changed on the go, the track has been pretty solid and you know what to expect when you hit the gate. A couple hiccups this year, sure, but no different that any other track has had this year. I would hate for 1 real bad race to ruin it for you guys as it seems car counts are getting better slowly.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION HERE DAN... I KNOW YOU ARE READING...

Troy Moe aka AHRA just screwed all those that received a check from his Reunion Tour Race at Marion County International Raceway in Larue, OH. Those checks, including a check written to the track have all come back NSF!!!! These guys should NOT have to chase Moe for their money!!! There has been issues and problems with every single AHRA run race this year.

Bottom line, this guy shows up, runs his race and then gives rubber checks it will only be a black eye for the track, not AHRA. Unfortunately the attitude will be "I got a bounced check from QCR" not "AHRA screwed me" and that is not what you guys need to happen now that things have been moving in a positive direction.

You guys need to encourage Dan to make sure he has CASH in hand before he lets this scam artist suck up your money and the tracks money with nothing in return!!! In no way is this a negative post against the track but a post of concern for the track and its racers.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Shawn, good post. I would have to agree that there have not been many issues from what I hear and it would be good for the track to make sure this jerk does not create a situation that the track will have to deal with for years to come. Marion was not the only instance where this guy ripped off the racers or cancelled an event after everyone pre-registered according to posts on this website.

The couple of times that I have been there, I was very pleased with the track and my only complaint would be that it would be nice to see more racers there. Maybe with the steadiness and consistancy that you mention, some racers will return and the car count will again increase.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't see the reunion race on the schedule now or am I missing it ? The bracket finals race is still scheduled though.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Shawn, good post. Just curious, why did QC switch santions anyway? Did they have a problem with the IHRA?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I hope the A is replaced with a "N" or "I" next year.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I think you all know that I speak my mind and have never cared too much about who it may piss off. I will be the 1st to admit that I am impressed with the way things have gone over there this year. With what I saw over the winter and to start the year I figured he would be lucky to keep the gates open all year with the move to AHRA, no bracket team or decent run offs for points and the complete uncertainty on payouts. I am not sure what has motivated Dan this year and to be honest I don't really care. I think the last 2-3 years were rough at the track and a lot of people left upset over management decisions. Whatever he is doing this year or his attitude toward the track has been pretty damn good and the place seems to be moving back in a positive direction.

Like I said, the track has been good, you know what you are getting paid and the rules/program have been consistent. If the track and IHRA would just bury the damn hatchet I think it would benefit everyone. It is a facility that can host a division race and bracket final. Having been to some IHRA national event tracks, I think QCR is in the running of being to that level. Now don't think I am saying everyone come running back. I understand that some people are going to test the waters and it may take a while to earn some trust/respect back from some racers. If things keep going in this direction then it will happen but it's going to take the continued effort from the track to keep things positive. Good luck guys and gals. Not sure when we will be back in for a weekend but look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I can say this about QC, I have not been there in a while. But, any time I've ever been there I've always been treated well. From the racers to the employees, I can honestly say that I've never had a problem there.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Shawn and everyone else, Check QCRs Website Special Events for that weekend.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Read it, good for QCR...way to go Dan! It is nice to see that Dan is unwilling to allow AHRA to make problems for him after the work that he has put into the track this year and the obvious turnaround that seems to be taking place. I will be there for that race just to support the decision that was made by management to step up and send Troy Moe packing for that weekend.

I am really impressed.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Shawn, another good post...stop it you are making the rest of us look like grade schoolers. I really would like to see the track team up with IHRA or NHRA next year. I think QCR is the best venue for a bracket final and IHRA would be stupid to not come to the table and discuss QCR re-entering the family. Hopefully this will happen. However, I do not mind running at a NHRA track either, but it is unlikely that the track would profit as much from this santioning body as it would from IHRA. Guess we will see next year.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FairmontRacer351:
Shawn and everyone else, Check QCRs Website Special Events for that weekend.

I think I will be coming to see you that sunday Andy Z. Got to work saturday. Big props to qcr!

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post