DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Ummm... for what?
Hey yeall this Saturday March 31st will be the last party before racing season at the Grist Mill in Austintown. We will return in the fall. Hope to see you guys there! God knows I wont see you for the opening day.. Unless its with the Trans-am!! No motor and tons of crap to change.. gonna take a miracle!!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Send the miracle down 224 when you're done with it Lou...

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Ummm... for what?
For missing this again..\/
Hey yeall this Saturday March 31st will be the last party before racing season at the Grist Mill in Austintown.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
New timing belt and change the headers and I am ready to go!

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you guys missed Lou's post on the general forum, here is info on Bud Harp:

Tomorrow,Tuesday March26 Bud will be moving from Pallative care at Aultman Hospital ,to The Legends Care Center 2311 Nave Rd.SE Massillon,Ohio44646.He will be under Hospice Care.Please visit if you can.Cards can be sent to the Legends or to 107 Sprankle St Navarre,Ohio 44662.Also a fund to help with final expenses has been set up at Huntington back if you would like to donate to it.Thank you all for your prayers,love and support at this time

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
So, what did everyone think about the increase in entry, same payout, earlier start times, and increase in pit spot rental rates?

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
fill me in?i wasnt there.and nobody is talking.so im thinking people arent happy..JMO.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
fill me in?i wasnt there.and nobody is talking.so im thinking people arent happy..JMO.

I won't speak for everybody else but as for me, I'm excited for this season. Sure, the prices were raised but if that's the cost of keeping the track open, so be it. I did look around at other tracks to see what their fees are. Most were $5 less on entry but also $5 less on round money. Magnolia doesn't even pay round money. Norwalk was the exception. Their fees were lower by $10 and their payout was higher. Their round money was different. $5 first round win, $10 every round after. When you have a track sponsor like Summit Racing, you can keep prices a little lower. If the extra $5 is breaking you, maybe you should look at another hobby.
The track is scheduled to be repaved from 330' to just past the 1/4 mile, wall to wall. Work is scheduled to start Monday. They are hoping for some 60 to 65 degree days to get the track paved.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Got to agree with the you. $5 is minimal at the gate especially with the expenses that have been put into the track to clean it up and take it back to it's historic reputation of being a top notch facility.

Disappointed to see them a little behind on the track work but excited that the plan is to still move forward with getting it done. Looking forward to opening day.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Are they going to address the water under the track issue before putting down the new asphalt ? I see Norm's comments on the home page about the drainage pipes, and maybe they're for the ditches that were dug last season.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
$5 increase no big deal as I only run there 5-8 times a season, earlier starting times I like, pit stop increases seem a little high but I don't rent so doesn't affect me, same payouts don't affect me either as I haven't won at Quaker since going to SP. Although would be nice to make a final soon. Just glad it's open and still 1/4 mile.
Just my 2 cents BTW, Mag opens on April 29th for T/T. Great guys bought it, great guys running it. No complaints here !

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are going to have a nice week next week for it. Any info on the 3 day box race in june thats on the calendar?

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Anyone know someone who can rebuild a mopar 727, between pittsburgh and QCMP area?

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dion Vickers is only 15 minutes from the track.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Dion Vickers is only 15 minutes from the track.

X2 Call Dion 330-584-3679

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Thanks for info

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One quick comment on the water. Shawn and I had this conversation many years ago. When D ick was still alive he had hired my dad to come over and help take the water away from the finish line through some drainage tiles/etc. What my dad found was about 10 ft under the surface was a bed of sheetrock/bedrock than ran forever. To sufficiently take the water away from that area, one would have to tear the sheetrock/bed rock completely out which also meant ripping up the track. D ick did not go that route and I forget what my dad did to alleviate the water issue at the time. We just really did not see a good way to remove the water that was cost prohibitive and would not interfere with the race season much.

Granted, my dad's accident will be 15 years ago this year, so my recollection may be murky and much time has passed since D ick was working on this problem, but the issue is the water may never leave even with the best drainage system in place.

Clint

Posts: 118 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: April 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Clint, even if the bedrock is down 10', having some sort of drainage between it and the track surface should get rid of the excess water.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Clint

I think this area has always had an issue for clay and being able to dig it and drain it.

The water issue was seen just about everywhere this past season as we had one of the wettest summers in a very long time and this winter has not helped much. There is still a tremendous amount of ground water. With the poor surface it made it easy for the water to find it's way up and out.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post