DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
censored censored censored censored
PONTIAC NATIONALS WEEKEND!!!
censored censored censored

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
We never received our AHRA license or membership, Has anyone else experienced this? It sounds like AHRA couldn't handle this business. Hum

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Never Applied....Everything I read prior to the season left me with doubts and I did not want to waste the money. Sorry, wish I could tell you something.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tomaskoracing:
We never received our AHRA license or membership, Has anyone else experienced this? It sounds like AHRA couldn't handle this business. Hum

I received the membership/license, decals, patch, and rulebook a few days before racing started. I never received the license upgrade I sent in for at the end of May though.

I put a lot of hope into the AHRA's success and have been disappointed. All throughout the winter, all of my questions were promptly answered and Mr. Moe seemed accommodating with all of my concerns.

In the end, the AHRA left a lot of people upset, myself included. I put too much trust in them and will admit that. All you can do now is move forward and hope for the best for the track and all of the other tracks under the AHRA banner.

I will hopefully see you all tomorrow!

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hahaha wayne very funny Ice Cream we are gonna invade the quake with hopper in the alcaholic express with the nitro watch out super pro Ice Cream i like ice Ice Cream cream

Posts: 21 | Location: Clinton,PA | Registered: June 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i heard that qcr wouldnt let a racer dial his car 10.00 flat so that he could run footbrake???wtf is up with that??since when arent you allowed to dial whatever you want?? Hum

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LAZ Racing
posted Hide Post
Where is the info on the Bracket Bash, says check special events link. No link on the special events page??

LAZ Racing
3720 S/C Q/R

Posts: 342 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That link worked all week. Said CASH PAYOUTS in green at the bottom. Now all that is there is the AHRA link. I hope the decision to keep AHRA outside the gate stands. Maybe they are reworking it to make the race better. I wouldn't think that now that he can hand out a flier at the gate thanking us for the positive comments on the internet that he would go out of his way to screw that up???

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
The flyer said $50 /day or $95 for weekend Fri/Sat. Payout was $1K to win both days R-U (250-300) semi(100-125) I am not sure on the R-U and semi $$ so dont hold me to that. but it did say $15/rd 3rd rd loser. Payout was cash. Laz you need to knock the dust off that car and get out there and race. Winter is not that far off.

Bill, I take it that this happened last night. My opinion is that someone made the wrong decision. Dont know where that one came from but it aint right. If the car is legal for the class who cares what the dial is.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
I imagine if he kept the car over 10.00 in time trials and dialed 10.00 in elims it wouldn't have been an issue unless he ran under 10.00 in elims which would dq him. I'm pretty sure the car ran a 9.85 in time trials which isn't legal for Footbrake.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Time trials mean nothing. As long as your car meets the class rules for equipment and you dial within the class ET, you are class legal. If you run under the ET cut off during elimination then you are disqualified. There is no rule that says you are not allowed to wheel race, hold or sandbag in ET Bracket Racing.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
It would all depend on how the class rules are stated. Must there be a qualifying run made inside the parameters of the class? Is a run under 10.00 an instant DQ? etc... Could be either way,it MUST be stated in the rules!!!
Look at it from the other end. If a guy can only run 14.00 and the class is 13.99 is he allowed to dial the 13.99?

FYI 06', I have personally been in this situation a few yrs ago at that same track. probably with the same guys. They made Pro 9.00 to whatever 13.00?? just to shove me out of "there" class.I had the only 8 second car in the class. I went to the powers that be and got all this straightened out before hand. Even offered to have it written out and signed. One question I asked was this: I am dialed 9.00 and run 8.98 my opponent is dialed 10.00 and runs 9.97 who wins? At that time I was told I would be the winner. Here is a good one, for two weeks I dialed 9.99 when I was well capable of running 8.60's. Yes it pissed several people off. Yes I went 4 or 5 rounds.

Another one, running 9.01/9.02. After 1st rd a litle rain shower moves through, cools off,tail wind kicks in. Everyone is going about .05 quicker. I find the boss man ask him if I can have permission to dial under 9.00 because of the cicumstances. His reply was "dial it 9.00 no quicker!!", My reply was "dont be sitting at the stripe it isnt going to be pretty". Well as he was dragging my junk back with the tow motor we laughed about it. I dialed 9.00 and ran 9.002 won the round. I hit the fu**ing brakes so hard I broke the front end on my car. Snapped both tie rod ends! Thank god I didnt wreck myself or anyone else.

Its all in how the rules are written.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Qualifying for ET Bracket class??? Is that going to be a 4/8/16/32/64 car footbrake field? The individual did not even have to take time trials if he did not want to. He just needed to be dialed 10.00-17.99, meet the equipment guidelines and be in the lanes for 1st round.

Here is what the track shows for rules:

Footbrake (10.00 - 17.99)
No Electronics. Delay Boxes, Air Throttles, Transbrakes & Two Steps are Prohibited. Line Locks permitted in burnout process only.

By these rules we could tear the stuff out of the dragsters and dial them 10 flat and race.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Laz

Looks like the flier is up

http://www.quakercityraceway.com/aug67.html

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
I completely agree, it's how the rules are written/interpreted. The rules on the website are very vague and can be interpreted many ways.

This is my first year running footbrake every week and my car runs pretty much in the middle of the upper and lower time limits so I'm not in any danger of being dq'd. I know in street, if you ran anywhere under 11.50 during time trials, you were either asked to pay the difference and run footbrake or not run at all.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
i heard that qcr wouldnt let a racer dial his car 10.00 flat so that he could run footbrake???wtf is up with that??since when arent you allowed to dial whatever you want?? Hum

Rolling Rolling Laughing

It is amazing that this stuff continues to happen...I can't even believe this would happen at a track that is struggling to get racers.

Same ole track, no matter how many good things some of you guys want to talk about on this site. Do you really think things will change as long as the same people run the track.

Well,there goes another racer Missing. Part of the problem here is that the rules are interpreted differently everytime someone questions the rule, if they are not told to leave.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Did they race Saturday? Who won??

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Tomaskoracing
posted Hide Post
Jeff, Dawg Days won Mr.Ray Wade he ran Mitch Gainer in the final. Car Car bow

Posts: 197 | Location: Race Track | Registered: February 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ray...Woof ya'll!!! Congrats to Tom Rossi in S/Pro

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
jeff,

How did you do down at WFC?

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post