DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
My mistake, Quaker not running Sunday. Looks like I'm just at Mag. Saturday, maybe Sunday.... Bill- I know Mag has some type of insurance because they at least are telling racers over PA. about minimum safety gear needed per et. Dixie has stepped up due to insurance, now it might be just for the track not the participants. Not sure, but will find out Saturday.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I do not think that it would be wise for a track to run without insurance due to the "lawsuit-happy" society that we live in today. But, like you said, it might only be to protect the business from a lawsuit and not the racers if they are hurt. That might fall back on your personnal insurance....which with everyone out of work these days, might not be a good thing for some racers. I think someone ought to ask a few questions.

I will be there tonight to race and support the track on this race. Don't know about tomorrow. The hunny-do list is pretty long after NUF last weekend.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of LAZ Racing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Laz,

Welcome to 2010. Here we have delay boxes, SLEs and this great thing called cross talk. Rolling Rolling

Well fellas I am breaking down and putting an SLE on the car.......no more old school!!!!

LAZ Racing
3720 S/C Q/R

Posts: 342 | Location: Ohio | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
was at the quake with the junior fastest was a 8.57 74 mph my light were horid but getting better had some fun

Posts: 21 | Location: Clinton,PA | Registered: June 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does Quaker sell nitrous oxide?

Posts: 131 | Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio | Registered: January 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Yes, Scott Greaver has it in his store.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
elwayneo,i got the cricket going to fast in that jr. i need to slow it down.You know how to go slow,don't ya.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
What ever that is suspose to mean. But if you really want to slow him down put him in one of those fords. Eyes Laughing Rolling

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
It was nice to see so many cars at QCR this past weekend. The track was solid and the program was run very well. Good to see some old friends.

Anyone get an idea of how many cars attended the race?

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
I seen Mr. Culp out there lighting a bunch of lamps both days. I lit a few one day but just got in the way the next. I heard about 160 for Fri. night and just guesstimating the Sat. crowd seemed to be about the same amount. The on track stuff seemed to go well. Gotta give credit to the guys who cleaned the track up on Fri. night. Lets just say I didnt have high hopes. When someone destroys a trans betweeen the water box and the line and empties the fluid all over the track and you get to be first up, its not a good feeling. It stuck pretty darn well only lost about .008 to .010 in 60' and ran dead-on the dial for a W. Wish the track would consider running a race like this about once a month. Make it a "Racers Day" like Meander used to.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Good traction and no drama,that's how you bring back the racers. Good job this weekend.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rolling Rolling Rollingno drama..omg thats funny..but the traction was good,so my son said..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had a great time sat. the traction was good all day...just a little bummpy in the right lane. but the car was very consistant...wish i wouldnt have bulbed in the semis, that would have been a good race...tuff racers that day every round by .oo-something!!! will definatly come back for more!!!

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What's the entry fee for the Q16 program this Saturday?

Posts: 131 | Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio | Registered: January 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Keith, saw that run you made after the tranny fluid cleanup. You are right, they did a fine job getting the line ready for the next set of cars. I expected you to look like a 60's digger spinning all the way off the line but you seemed to stick pretty well. Other than first time trial, traction was very good all weekend.

I am really looking forward to the bottom bulb race in two weeks. I did like the painting on the walls near the 1/8 mile and finish line. That really made it easy to see, and if anyone knows me, I have a hard time seeing the finish line sometimes. Rolling

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Anybody know how late they ran for the mid summer explosion? I'm wanting to race on Sat. but need to be in canton by 10pm....any input?
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Lou, the 1st show will ba at 7pm. We will have our time trials at the usual time and elimitions. Don't forget there is also the quick 16 and the way you have been driving you will still be racing at 10. Ice Cream bow

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wayne Mros,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Screw it......I'll be there!

Lj

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
I am only guessing they will work it just like they did last time there was a show. All TT and 1st & 2nd rd of elims were finished before the first "show" at 7 pm. Then I think 3rd and 4th rds were run then the 2nd "show". Then onto finish the rest. It worked out real well for the racers and fans.

I made a point to let Dan know that ALL the guys who helped clean up the mess done a real good job. I personally thanked each one of them. 11 qts of synthetic trans fluid is a big problem.

Lou, where you playin in Canton?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Guys, a week from now at about this time most of us will be chillin with a beer in hand ready for some seriously intense racing starting on Friday. The support you all have given Jeff and I is nothing short of amazing. Of the big $$ races we have attended this year, none of them have experienced the local support that we have received for this race and I'm sure there are alot more planning to come that we do not know about yet. We had a feeling that racers around our area were looking for a big $$ weekend like this and we are prepared to give you your money's worth!!

Dan has been very easy to work with and he is excited as we are to bring you this event.

Thanks again for all the support and we look forward to putting on a kick a** event for you guys!!

Posts: 776 | Location: In a winners circle near you. | Registered: November 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post