DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your oil pressure problems green. One of my buddies had problems with oil pressure as well. I have been fighting carb problems for the past week, cant figure it out.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
green,did you have anything done to the caps on that motor after you broke the 1st crank??

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Line bore was redone but that was all.This is really going out there but am wondering if block webbing is letting go and possibly what cause other crank to crack by allowing it to flex.If we can't find anything I am gonna put my new crank in another block and build a 489,all I would need is pistons.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Green1,

Did you check the gauge? Switch oils?

This block had good oil pressure before I took it out:

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Lets say it this way when I put the other motor in the problem goes away.There hasn't been any damage yet so I am trying to keep from wasting a lot of good parts.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr. yuk:
hey i here kenny is mia. hmmmmmmm. is it true?

Don't know anything about that, but the following was posted on the "United Manual Transmission Racers" message board yesterday.

==================
May 29 Quaker City race CANCELED

mloboda
Administrator
1186 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 : 10:02:10 AM

Due to a disagreement with Quaker City management, the May 29th UMTR NORTH race has been canceled.

UMTR North Director

==================

QCR was the scheduled location of UMTR's season opener.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple Nickel II,

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nothing on their site about it now and they still have QC on the schedule.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andamo:
Nothing on their site about it now and they still have QC on the schedule.

It probably takes a bit longer to update the various areas of UMTR's website.

Here is a direct link to the announcement that was posted yesterday. It is the first 'sticky' message topic.
(You do have to be logged into the UMTR message board to view the thread.)

http://www.umtrnorth.com/Forum...ic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3040

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple Nickel II,

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
if that is true thats a shame. those guys put on a great show.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr. yuk:
those guys put on a great show.

Agreed!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
While I hate to say I'm not surprised, I'm really not. With QCR's knack for alienating racers it was inevitable. On the flip side though, QCR isn't the first track UMTR has had a disagreement with and pulled out of, Magnolia also comes to mind so there is also a history of this with UMTR. I wish they would give more details so we could understand what really happened.
I ran with UMTR several times and had great experiences with them. I really enjoyed the show they put on.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey,
can anyone tell me more about this nostalgia outlaw I keep hearing about...web site? payout? when are the events and where?
thanks

LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey lou, i happen to think i know a little bit about it since i came up with the idea. however i'm not sure whats going on with it now since i resigned, but call me and i can put you in touch with the right person. or call qcr and talk to dan. 330-652-3454.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wtf?yuk types and every1 stops...guess its true.nobody wants to follow a ford guy!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
FOR Prest and Culp......and Green Too....

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of hemi2011
posted Hide Post
Is the gamblers race during the day during the test and tune or after the test and tune?

Quaker City Raceway: Street Class

Posts: 11 | Location: East Palestine Ohio | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hemi2011:
Is the gamblers race during the day during the test and tune or after the test and tune?

It's usually after test and tune from prior experience. Typically the last run of the day.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
andy, way to go. my blue oval army is large."POISON POWER TO THE DEATH"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
How does the Gambler's Race work? Is it like dial for dollars?

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It is just an all run race,box,nobox or foot feeder,all together.