DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shawn, will be in touch soon. Chuck

Posts: 349 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

I couldn't agree more above moving around during the year unfortunately it's Quaker or nothing this year for me. Too many unknowns to go out and purchase the tow vehicle I want plus starting Engineering Graduate School in June.

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
its qcr,no matter how hard you people biotch its not going to change.so stfu and race..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
its not about d a money fella's..its bout da fun..wtf?you guys forget that?funfunfunfunfunfunfunfun..and watching melniks wife!!!

Does Tony know you're cheating on his wife???
Tongue Laughing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Well said Jim and shawn. I hope to have my junk at quaker saturday.

Posts: 111 | Location: Chardon,oh. | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bill me and the wife are going fishing instead! Drop your boat off on the way by. Wink

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I did not want to get into this bull$#it again, but with Jim's last post, it sure looks like he is trying to preach to me about what decisions I should make with my money and racing junk. So, as my last post please bear with me.

This is the first year since 2006 that I have decided to run points. Mostly because Points marries you to the track for all points events and my kids have a lot going on. I was not willing to miss sporting events for my hobby. my decision. So I ran where I could when I could. Last year, I quit racing after July 3rd to build a garage. I really missed racing and wanted to try a points package again. I wanted to go to a bracket finals and decided that going to Indy would be great. I got to go there in 2000 with QCR but have not been back there to race since. I had three choices, Columbus or Norwalk to race at Indy, or QCR. I could not get answers regarding the bracket racing, points payout, or even changes to weekly payout. I had heard a lot of racers were leaving, but that was rumor. Knowing the payout scale was based on car count, I inquired about the guarenteed payout that was brought up at the banquet. However, no one knew anything and I needed to make some decisions. So, I decided to go NHRA and that left me with Norwalk versus Columbus. Both are the same tow for me, and I have done fairly well at the No bOX RACE at Norwalk the last two years, so I pick Norwalk.

I am not sure why the few of us that made the decision to try something new this year are getting called out on this site. As some of the other posts indicate, others have long before we chose to try something different and we were still racing there most weekend until last year. Some that have left do not plan to return where we still plan and have raced there on Fridays and future saturday events. The only mistake I made on this site was to ask what was going on so that I could make a decision regarding points.

Realize, I like a limited number of points events so that I can race at many different tracks. I have many friends that I have raced with in the past and not all of them race at one place. I have never exclussively raced at one place, so 15 points meets out of 5 months, is way too many committed weekends for me to sacrifice.

From the beginning I have said that I wish the track and racers luck at QCR. I plan to race there periodically as I did with other tracks. But this year I want to commit to a track to run points. As such, I want to know what I am running for up front, not weeks before the opening day. So, I made my decision long before the payouts were increased in superpro and the classes were combined. And, I want to run at Indy if I am fortunate enough to make the team.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Culp,

We have never met so please understand my post was not directed at you or anyone it was just my opinion and maybe I was not clear in my post. The whole point of it was while being "The Mecca" for weekly bracket racing you do have to endure a lot racing there.

The main point is no one is benefiting from the QCR bashing so if it was taken any other way then that it wasn't my intentions. It was just my perspective having lived it.

Best of luck.

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Madsome1 stole my f#@king boat.dirty rotten s.o.b's,right out of my back yard.. Mad

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wasn't me Because I don't know where you live. No No
Did the wind blow it away maybe? Hum

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Someone sank Bill's battle ship!!!!!

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Was very nice to see a respectful turn out of racers today a the track. Hope to see more of the same in the future. Nice job to all the winners and runner-ups. Also want to thank the qcr staff on keeping the program moving, also hope to see that happen the rest of the season.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPLIT:
Was very nice to see a respectful turn out of racers today a the track. Hope to see more of the same in the future. Nice job to all the winners and runner-ups. Also want to thank the qcr staff on keeping the program moving, also hope to see that happen the rest of the season.

I agree! They kept things moving, it was real nice. I stuck around for the stop light drags, that was interesting, I made a few runs in that as well. Keep up the good work QCR.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Pretty decent weekend given the issues Friday. Track was a little better on Friday night then it was Saturday but it was still a good surface. Was hoping to see a higher car count but I think a lot of guys went north for the division race or took their Mopars to Columbus.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Super Pro car count wasn't as high as I would have expected Shawn but Pro and Footbrake had a good turnout. You and Dion have to be very happy with the new car, great job this weekend!

Would like to also say it was great to see The James Gang back at QCR!

Jim Feaster

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
330-584-3679 for your alky and gas needs. Smile

Any specific differences between your recommendation and the track on fuels?
Curious!

Posts: 27 | Location: Muncie, IN | Registered: September 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Oldsdigger... sent you a PM.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
its not about d a money fella's..its bout da fun..wtf?you guys forget that?funfunfunfunfunfunfunfun.

Prest911, are you kidding me? You actually said this after standing at the banquet, calling out the owner about payouts, and whinning on this site about how many racers they are losing over payout issues. Guess you got your way after your hissy fit and now everything is about fun, fun, fun.....

You have the right login name...Prest911, because someone needs to dial 911 to have your lips removed from QCR management's backside. Rolling

There....nothing about the track, happy Mr. Wilkins? Although, after being there this week, I have plenty that I could have discussed.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rolling Rolling Rolling i'm an *** kisser!! Laughing Laughing and everybody knows who i am,not hidding behind some g ay name like bowtie bobby!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prest911,

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Shawn...you have a PM.
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 27 | Location: Muncie, IN | Registered: September 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post