DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
no..still sluggish coming up on starting line..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Reading thru the website, I am trying to figure out what the points guys are racing fo Humr. It looks like about $350 in summit bucks and a bracket finals. However, the $350 isnt even put up by the track, it is paid by a sponsor Banging Headand the bracket finals includes racing against who? After 16 points races at $40 entry, you are only racing for a coupon to spend only at one store. And the bracket finals includes who, there are no other AHRA tracks in the area. Confused You should at least invite local tracks like Magnolia Dragway and Steel Valley, maybe even Sunset, but you will have to limit the number of racers they bring because they would probably outnumber the racers from QCR anymore (sad, really sad) crying. Hey, maybe you could race for a years supply of kitty food or maybe a free sandwich or a years supply of air from the airhose...... big idea

ooops, I did it, now Bowtie Bobby has been Ban Bann from the track.....oh well, never really raced there anyhow. Just watched.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
we dont need you negative bull sh it.we have our own. Rollingbad car counts everywhere this weekend,is this really may?feels like october.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So is the number on the Anti-Internet flyer just a voice recording or is someone actually answer the phone. Maybe I just got to press 1 for English???

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
we dont need you negative bull sh it.we have our own. Rollingbad car counts everywhere this weekend,is this really may?feels like october.

Dude really we know our issues. only 11 in s/p friday night. Sat... well less than that. Bowtie can feel your frustration but we need a place to race. It's home to alot of us. Can u and qcr obsrvr cut a little slack? I was up at norwalk yesterday since my cars not together. Went up with jeff melnick and it was like we were at qcr to a certain point. Ill bet there were at least 30 what used to be qcr racers. All good guys and friends of mine. Sure miss them guys racing here but i support all of them wherever they decide to race. They just want the same thing everyone else does. On the flip side many great racers and friends race at qcr still. And for them well cutting on the track hurts them because alot cant and dont want to race at other tracks. qcr obsrvr and bowtie bobby id bet i know you guys and prolly know you guys well. Probably have raced at qcr for years. And just really upset at the way things are going. But and belive me im talking from experiane here. Fake names and hammering on the track will end up hurting your friends more than it ever does the track. Dont hammer on me to bad for this but i feel i had to just add my .02. Mainly because ive been there done that. And in the end it just hurts the people u actually like being around.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
2010 , the year of Karma? You must have a weather person predicting this weather named Karma! LOL. That is the only thing that has dominated this racing season. With the economy the way it is people are putting alot of thought into there decisions. If we ever get a good weather weekend that is when we will be able to tell what car count is gonna be.I will give a little credit the one week QCR ran the track was in very good shape. We all know Ohio,W.Va,Pa,Ky are down on count. Anyone else have indications from other states? Remember remain clam everybody lol.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I think National Trail Raceway was the only place to race yesterday in Ohio. A lot of guys stayed home with the wind and rain. The season has sucked everywhere to start the year. No one wants to tow to the track when forecast have been 50% or better for rain the last 3 weeks.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Ray, good post. I am very concerned with the number of race cars that I have been seeing for sale, and the prices that these cars are selling at. These guys are dumping their cars and bailing out of racing. The economy hurts, the cost to race hurts, and the price of fuel hurts. I feel awfully lucky to be fortunate enought to still afford to race.

I really liked seeing everyone at Norwalk because it was like a reunion. I hope the numbers at QCR climb over the upcomming weeks for the guys that remain. I wish them all the luck and I plan to try to make a few races there this year.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone,
I think the weather has played a major part in all of this. Yes there are issues......but for the most part my dad and I have been racing other places due to forecast. They have a good purse at Quaker and its a 25 mile tow for me. I towed 68 miles yesterday to race for $250 at Magnolia. Ban the internet QC? Some of it may be crap! Cowards hiding behind screen names like teenage girls! But I think for the most part you have knowledgeable, hard working racers that want to see the track succeed. This is a frustration zone that we all vent on.
Anyway, just my opinion....DRR not responsible for the content of this add!

Andy, I saw your rig at QC yesterday..still there, stop worrying!
Biddle JR. Thanks for the crappy .016 birthday package yesterday! Really needed that!
That was for Drew!!!
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
HAPPY (Belated) BIRTHDAY LOU!!!!! Ice Cream Ice Cream Wave

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
The weather has been bad. I haven't even gotten to run my car down the track once yet this year and its the middle of May. I did get it out and take one drive around the pits this past weekend, but promptly loaded back into the trailer for the trip home. This weather pattern sucks.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i got to take a warm up lap both times i went so far this year.worst feeling in the world
it reminds me of being blue balled. Frown

Posts: 2 | Location: niles,oh | Registered: April 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
mags was open yesterday.nobody but your self to blame..cant race it burn it..lol c you tried that already this year..
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:
The weather has been bad. I haven't even gotten to run my car down the track once yet this year and its the middle of May. I did get it out and take one drive around the pits this past weekend, but promptly loaded back into the trailer for the trip home. This weather pattern sucks.

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Couldn't race yesterday, it was mothers day. I will get a chance this weekend without burning it down.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With Norwalk hosting the NHRA divisional this weekend you boys have no excuses not to come to QCR Saturday. Let's all work together to get that payout up for all classes. Weather "appears" to be good for Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great week and see you Saturday.

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Weather does look good for Saturday. Should be a nice weekend to let us all out of the box and get some racing in. Good luck to all you guys.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have already made plans to race with a couple of friends at another track this weekend.

I do plan to be there on June 12th and plan to have several people from my office at the track as spectators. There are other breaks in the schedule comming up and I hope to race at QCR during a couple of those breaks.

I do have a question for anyone on this site that knows the rules of Footbrake or Pro. If I install a high idle selenoid on my carb, does that proclude me from running Footbrake since it is technically an electronic device and the rules state "No Electronics"? I am thinking of installing one to make my launch RPMs more consistant, but did not want to sign up at the gate as a footbraker if this device would cause me to be illegal for that class.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Jim your good with an idle kicker. Tim miller along with others all use them in footbrake. Good luck this weekend. I hope to have my parts back and be out myself.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Didn't want to sign up for FB if I really needed to be in Pro.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Paging Captain Lou, Paging Captain Lou.....

I need your email address please. Got a pretty nice picture of your junk from Mags on Sunday.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post