DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
word homie..were you there???? did not see you!

you gots PMS!

Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Guys, I was just wondering. Why did QC go with the AHRA this year? Was there a problem between Dan and the IHRA?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The problem was between the racers and IHRA. Eyes
NOT!
I think it is gonna be back to NHRA before you know it.
Not
Hosting
Racing
Anymore Eek

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Guys, I was just wondering. Why did QC go with the AHRA this year? Was there a problem between Dan and the IHRA?

I suspect AHRA did not cost as much, and did not require as much control as IHRA might have.
Dan has been looking to unload this track for a while, but it continues to survive.
Only time will tell come 2011 with the current low car counts, Weather has had some affect on this.

Posts: 27 | Location: Muncie, IN | Registered: September 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
I realize some of you might not like my posts. But, someone has to point out where the problems are at the track. By doing this, my hope is that the management team of the man and his bunny rabbit will eventually realize that they need to make some changes to get racers to come back.

I find it very funny that QCR staff can threaten to ban anyone posting "complaints" on DRR but they can say whatever they want to fans and racers at the track or to others behind those people's back. The fact is that the Man, and his pet bunny have said enough and done enough to finally send enough racers packing. I do not think weather is as much a factor as everyone is hoping. You can not promise that a team will attend a bracket final in Pittsburgh, hold a vote that most of the points racers were not involved in, and then near the end of points (after everyone has raced all year to qualify) cancel sending the team without thinking this will have an effect on car count. Come on guys, you know as well as I do that batman and girl wonder have dug the holes that we are now stepping in.

Add to it the fact that the current points program has no incentive to run week in and week out for this track when you can run for more at any other track. Payouts suck, and the last minute decision to combine classes I am sure has several people wondering how does this help the racer or does it just take care of a couple of select racers and put more money in the pocket of the man.

The staff has said that this site, a public forum to discuss good and not so good things, causes drama. Well, let me tell you that the persons behind the desk in the office are the ones causing drama. A lot of good people have worked at the place and been fired for little to no reason except the bunny does not like them. Once you lose your integrity as an owner/staff/bunny rabbit then you never regain it without a lot of work, and these guys and gals are not willing to do the work. You can not continue to insult and belittle your customers and expect them to come back to the track. What needs done, is someone who actually knows how to run a business and knows their customer base (racers) needs to take over and send the bunny into the pet store where she belongs.

This track is in trouble, because they have lost over 120 racers in the past four years....it was not my last four posts that have caused that.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Attorney Wilkins, would you like to cross examine Bobby or does the defense rest?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Whatever dudes or dudets. $600 to win with 5 cars in the lanes is still good coin. I will race there until it closes and then you guys will have nothing to talk about.... Hide behind a screen name if you want. Please don't beat on fellow racers for trying to keep a place going. It closing would be bad for all of us.

Anyway, did anyone know that eliminations are starting aroung 3:30 pm Saturday. Just figured I would mention it...not 5pm!!!

Peace
Lou Greco

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of 408dart
posted Hide Post
Lou they will go to norwalk. I think Bader kisses there feet. If those 120 people came back they would be racing for $1800.00 dollars. da

Chris Craig

Posts: 31 | Location: ohio | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't want to see it close just stating the obvious.They can't keep operating like that with so few cars.
Chris it is funny that you say that about Norwalk and look where the picture of your car is from!Norwalk. Da

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ExoticFab5018
posted Hide Post
Lou- I just looked on the site i didnt see where it said 3pm elim. It says big car TT at 12:30 like normal.

If qcr closed it would suck. We need to work with the track to get ne where. Many of the other points that everyone made are valid. But the racers who bring things up to everyones attension are the ones who care about keeping it a nice place to race, if we didnt care about than we wouldnt have ever said ne thing and just left like others have done in the past. All you can do is voice your opinion and if no ones shares that opinion with you than you need to ascess where you want to race and be happy with it. The guys talking trash with fake names and stuff I dont think its getting the track or the racers anywhere but it makes everyone look bad bc its somthing that some little kid would do. If you have an issue do what I, Ray Wilkins and many others have done, call the man in charge Dan at the track and discuss it with him like a normal human would and not a 15 yr old drama queen. Cut the BS and lets go racing! Car

Posts: 123 | Location: Hubbard,OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 408dart
posted Hide Post
Green1 that pic was from the bracket finals 1998. I raced at ohio drag city. Everyone cried about pay outs where can you go and get paid $1800.00 dollars. Da nowhere

Chris Craig

Posts: 31 | Location: ohio | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
its not about d a money fella's..its bout da fun..wtf?you guys forget that?funfunfunfunfunfunfunfun..and watching melniks wife!!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thinking about coming out that way tonight and bringing the boy. We will most likely be out at the top end watching. Stop on over.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Shawn- awesome pictures thank you friend. That one burnout pic of Prest looks like a magazine picture...but don't tell him!! His head is already big enough.
Rolling
Jeff-call the track phone, says elim around 3:30 flashlight drags to follow. Hey that works for me... playing in Harford Ohio

See you all tonight
Lou

Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have to say I will be out to Quaker this weekend, and weather has played a big role in not being there yet this year on a Saturday. I hope the track keeps working like it was the first friday night, I was pleasantly surprised!

Bill, you are correct, I go racing for the fun of the sport, not the $$$. You may be wiser than I gave you credit Smile.

Shawn, is Dion still selling alcohol? Back from my time off and will be running low soon. Chuck

Posts: 349 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
330-584-3679 for your alky and gas needs. Smile

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chris I think the problem is all the drama and bull5hit that goes on out there plus the fact that you never know what stunt is gonna be pulled next.It is hard to have fun with all that stuff happening.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Soapbox time:

I really don’t understand why everyone rags on Quaker so bad. Guys, it is a place to race. 99% that race certainly aren’t getting rich off of it and those that are only looking at the bottom line (final purse) are missing the point of why most bracket race weekly.

To those that think the grass is greener to the Northwest, well I used to think that to. After finishing school at the University of Toledo I decided to stay in the area. When I first finished the Camaro I raced an hour and a half away at a little track called Marion County. Where I lived near Toledo, Norwalk was an hour due east and Milan was an hour northwest but I decided MCIR was it for me. Outside of the summer I raced at QCR between semesters in ’03 I NEVER had as much fun racing then I did in ‘05 racing at MCIR. Gravel pits, rough shutdown but everyone was friendly towards each other and worked together to make the track better. The Guthery's were some of the nicest people I had ever been around and treated everyone respectfully. The only downfall was payout so I made the decision to race at Norwalk the next season. Closer tow, less entry how could this not be better? The outcome; you learn quickly that you are always second to “the show”, you get loaded up with .015 packages…in Modified (it was still IHRA when I raced there), Bader will always get the program in. Example: it pours all day, stops at 4:00pm, Bader would come on the P.A. and say “we are going to dry the track, give everyone a TT, then go into eliminations. This happened probably 2 or 3 times in 12 points races that year. I should have prefaced by saying I am certainly not sh*tting on Norwalk. The place is awesome, good payouts, contingency, year-end prizes, etc. I’ll continue. The last points race in June that year Robbie Bianco and I both runnered-up, which was awesome. However, it was a regular points night, no inclement weather, no major carnage, you get the drift. After I gave it back to Lauffer in the final and got my slip it was 4:32am Sunday morning! By the time we went through contingency and the pay window my wife and I were putting the car on the trailer and the sun was coming up! After a season of long weekends and a huge time investment, I ended up finishing 18th or 19th in points and missing the engine race.

My point: I had a really hard time explaining to people that I was only racing for $400 or $500 so I made the decision that I needed to go where the money was. For what? Some sort of ego trip? If you guys are really that concerned with going where the money is to utilize your four wheel investment to it’s fullest…go for it. But for those that just want to race and have fun please quitting sh*tting on QCR. If anyone would like to discuss this post or my/your feelings on the matter please feel free to stop me in the lanes, come by the trailer or if you are the “keyboard courage type” send me a PM.

Anyway, take care everyone and see you tonight/tomorrow.

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I should have also stated that at least everywhere I have been at some point or another there is always drama. It's a Human Being issue not a Quaker issue....

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jim

We made a visit to MCIR aka The International last season. Our friends Steve and Nolan hammered on us to come race there with them. I got to tell you that I really liked that place. I have always liked the tracks we have gone to like that. MCIR, Bunker Hill, Mags and Bluegrass are just small tracks that don't have large car counts and are just great little places to go and have fun to get away from the cut throat competitve bracket racing that happens week in and week out at the same track.

In my opinion, you got to travel. You need to hit a couple tracks throughout the year. If you let the weeds grow under the trailer at the same track all year long then it becomes a chore to go racing or almost like a job. You clock in and do the same thing until you clock out. You start to get burned out and then you get frustrated. If you keep coming back to the same frustration you don't have fun. Taking a trip once a month helps break that up and get away from the monogamy of your routine. It helps to remind you that a bad weekend racing is better than the best week of work.