DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
It's the closest 1/4 mile track for me. As long as I win a couple of rounds I've had a good night anyway. Even if I lose round 1, it's still OK. Unless you go to at least the $ semi's at Norwalk, it's no different than Quaker $ anyway. I'm not patting Quaker on the back, just my thoughts about amateur racing in general. 32 miles of towing one way to Quaker compared to 80 for Norwalk. No brainer for me most of the season. But Norwalk is alot of fun on at off the track.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
At least I'm not the only one that sees it that way.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
XX78, that is a true statement.....but the track itself can be a different situation all together! Wish the surface was consistant like Norwalk. Chuck

Posts: 349 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I agree with xx78 that the facility is a very nice place to race. It is about 30 miles for me as well. I have never put down the track, but from my perspective, I want to race for a points series that has some guarentees. Not only nightly payouts, but season end prizes, and the chance to run with a bracket team against other bracket teams....I have not seen any posts that indicate (in writing) what you are running for at QCR with the points program. I will still run at the track on Fridays, and some Saturdays where there are not points meets at Norwalk. However, I am in a state of mind that if I am willing to guarentee that I will be at a track on points days, then I would like guarentees from that track that if I qualify, that I will get to go to a bracket final, and if lucky enough to do well in the points program, get the year-end awards that I qualified for. That's it....simple as that. I have no problems if QCR does not feel they are in a position to make those offers, but then again, no one should really be upset if I choose to spend my money somewhere else on those points days. I will still support the track, and race there on days that I am not running points. I have been racing there nearly every weekend for the past eleven years. I grew up watching my dad run at that track in the 70s. I am not going to bash the track or not race there completely....just not for points, and I want to run points this year.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
think of it this way,all qcr crybabys are going elsewhere to race this year!!!so it should be a good year for nthe p;eople that do race there!! Hum

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey everyone, i agree with bill and jim. seem we're being labled as crybabies, or whatever they choose to call us down there. how ironic those same one's calling us out will be the one's crying when theres no one down there. it seems like some people are almost mad that others just don't want to deal with the drama anymore. there the ones that pushed everyone to the fences. look at how many great drivers have left in the last two years alone,and for what its worth none of them have stopped racing. i really just don't get it, however the list is growing on how many drivers are leaving, so when it effects payouts, attendance, and qcr wallet, we will see "WHO'S CRYING NOW". we have all supported qcr thru good and bad times for many years, however it seems to some down there, that just doesn't matter. well thats fine if they choose to act like that,but be honest about it. place the proper blame where it belongs, not on racers,employees, and every sanction {nhra-ihra} out there. these are self inflicted wounds by them. it seems like being loyal was a slap in the face. and for that certain special person down there that labled me and everyone else leaving crybabies, if running at norwalk against by far the best competition out there,then i'm ok with that. however don't talk the talk, lets see you walk the walk. at least us crybabies got guts to do it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Yuk don't worry about what they call you they are just jealous because they can't do the same thing! I think that place is on it's last leg any how and one of these days they are gonna pull up to the gate and it won't be openning,I hope not and wish somebody could turn it back to the way it was 5+ years ago but I don't see that happening.On the plus side you won't have to make new friends at Norwalk because there are plenty of your old friends there already and don't be shy when your up there if you need a hand come look me up just remember I don't have blue oval parts! Wink

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Hey Green1 - give Yuk some of them bowtie parts and then he will find out how a "real" racecar is supposed to run....

Look us up on April 17th.....Look for the big cloud of blue smoke and once you find it, then come talk to us chevy guys parked next door.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
yes it seems the " CRY-BABY ARMY" is a large one. it's like my wife said and green1 they really must be jealous. i think things will suffer terribly down there, and fear it will close. it is a shame that things could not be fixed. but to blame it on everything else except where the real blame should be placed is wrong! so many of us tried to help,some new forms of racing [nostalgia] some old [pro] all to benefit them. then to beat the streets for them and get sponsorhip gift certificate, money, whatever and they still don't care. well,thats just WRONG!!!!!! i hope those people who continue to support them relize that some of us have made many sacrifices to try and bring some pride back to qcr. when we went to pittsburgh last year, a bunch a prp guys asked me and several others why we even bother. there was a time when placing the qcr sticker on your car really meant something. and to continue to blame the ihra-nhra is crazy. why is it all these other tracks can be so succesful? pittsburgh,thompson,dragway 42, and norwalk don't seem to have these problems. i relize there is drama at all these tracks, but i think it fair to say those tracks know who is really paying there bills for them. somewhere along the line qcr forgot that. well that is unacceptible anymore. these are hard times for a bunch of people. the last thing i want is a circus to deal with.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpKX48:
I have not seen any posts that indicate (in writing) what you are running for at QCR with the points program.

If you scroll way down on the Class Information page of QCR's website, they do list the "2010 Year End Payout From Summit Racing Equipment".

Super Pro:
1st - $350; 2nd - $200; 3rd - $100; 4th - $75; 5th - $50

Class Total: $775

Pro and Footbrake:
1st - $275; 2nd - $150; 3rd - $100; 4th - $75; 5th - $50

Class Totals: $650 each

Street:
1st - $200; 2nd - $100; 3rd - $70; 4th - $50

Class Total: $425

Total Year End Payout: $2,500

http://quakercityraceway.com/classes.html

=======

P.S. A neighboring track announced their Mod Class points program and payouts today on their website.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Culp I got a 572 sitting at the shop that we can put in his car! Eyes I think it would get ugly then. Wink

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Culp I got a 572 sitting at the shop that we can put in his car! Eyes I think it would get ugly then. Wink
572 cubes in bowtie power is only half of what ford offers. i can only hope that norwalk will be able to handle the power of yuk. "POISON POWER RULES"!!!!!!!!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Triple Nickel...Thanks for pointing that out. I did not see that.

Let me rephrase, I do not think this payout is worth running 16 points events at $40/entry per day (grand total = $640 spent at the track to win $350 - if in super pro). Sounds like a loser to me! Not that we are in it to make money, but if you are good enough to finish first in the class after racing all year, I would think your rate of return would be better. Do they even offer "gold cards" anymore? Hoping someone can tell me, not sure.

For comparison purposes, there is a little track located near Magnolia, Ohio that has year end payouts that are more than 3 times this payout. Not just Summit Bucks, either and their entry fee is lower.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Green, see even his math is ford based. Yuk, quit adding the ford fudge factor to the Bowtie Power. If Ford offers two times 572, its because ford needs twice the cubic inches to create the same horsepower as a bowtie....Come on Yuk, you could not get anything bigger than a Briggs and Stratton in that peanut. Besides, I got an old 265 that will be twice the power you are used to in that lime green limabean....

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Green, see even his math is ford based. Yuk, quit adding the ford fudge factor to the Bowtie Power. If Ford offers two times 572, its because ford needs twice the cubic inches to create the same horsepower as a bowtie....Come on Yuk, you could not get anything bigger than a Briggs and Stratton in that peanut. Besides, I got an old 265 that will be twice the power you are used to in that lime green limabean....
jimmy,jimmy when will you ever learn. i will probably be pitting with my teamates [john,ashley and robert] at norwalk. we [THE BLUE OVAL ARMY] will see what the bowtie nation has for us. that limabean is very mean. POISON POWER RULES!!!!!!!!i just hope i don't over power the track.

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
For comparison purposes, there is a little track located near Magnolia, Ohio that has year end payouts that are more than 3 times this payout. Not just Summit Bucks, either and their entry fee is lower.

Dragway 42's payout in just the Mod Class point series program is more than the total amount for all 4 of QCR's classes combined.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Yuk limabeans give me gas! Big Grin

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
greeny, i feel your pain. kinda like when i eat "bowtie pasta". just really not for me!!!!!!!!!!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mr. yuk:
i will probably be pitting with my teamates [john,ashley and robert] at norwalk. we [THE BLUE OVAL ARMY] will see what the bowtie nation has for us. that limabean is very mean. POISON POWER RULES!!!!!!!!i just hope i don't over power the track.

Yuk, Take a few easy passes first to make sure that track can handle your horsepower.Don't be tellin Force and Coil all your secrets either Wink

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post