DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
had a blast fishing yesterday!!and the fish never once whinned, Laughing

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Jim, you are right I said a long time ago it would be better to join the classes and combine the payout. I remember running for $1K every week in that class. Hell, I am sure we had over 100 cars a few times and 80+ almost every week. I think I still have the slips from an 8 rd race!
Not implying about you or your car at all. Just sayin if people cant dial there stuff with a break in the action then they have not been in that position very much. The points deal is a valid concern. Which class to enter? good question too. This all plays into the grand plan when coming through the gate. The race track sets their program and I run my program off of theirs.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I agree Keith.

Bill, fish is always better served with a little wine.....or at least beer.

Hope this has the effect they are looking for. I have already made my decision regarding the points program and paid on Saturday.

Bill, got an idea. You catch the fish, and I will bring the barbeque (i.e., the monte) so we can fry them up. Maybe we can get cheap a$$ Yuk to bring the beer.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! what a mess. i've read all of your points and they are great ones. i first agree with kieth that this is nothing more then an attempt [a sad one] to try and bring the car count up. apparently some people can show up and run friday night box/no box but then can't race like every other sanctioned track [mod/pro]on saturdays. however i also agree with qcrobsrvr and culp, this certainly will cause major problems no doubt. i mean what happens when you double enter and could possibly go to both finals? points,payouts etc... do they relize that. what about round money for both classes? it looks like this may have been a knee-jerk reaction almost. your not gonna make everyone happy, just make one class, however look at it from there point of view. keep both classes seperated, some guys will double dip no doubt, most certainly guys will buy back, and only have to payout one class, and only have to give out two card at the end of the year. hmmm who really wins here??? best of luck guys. A REAL MESS!!!!!!!

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i only catch and release jim!
No No

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
27 Keith,

I never knew you were that intelligent. Heck, you didn't even have any spelling errors. Laughing Finally firing motor Wednesday. Bring your junk to Magnolia this summer on a Sunday. Runoff is fixed. Kobl, Ferguson, Kinneys, Fox, Brown, Schmidts bring theirs.

Jackson

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I stated from the beginning, I am not trying to cause problems, just curious and hoping someone that knows more about the subject would provide some light on the situation and explain it to me. It might make a difference which class I enter when I race there.

Well, guess no one is going to provide any insight or explanation as to the advantages of this two class system. I had hoped that someone that might have been involved in the decision or had discussed it with the track personnel might enlighten me. However, it is apparent that is not going to happen. I am sure there are very good reasons for this system, I am just wanting to know what they are so when I run there that I am not one of the people confused on the system and therefore caught up in some sort of controvery because I did not realize how the system was to be run.

Well, I guess I will find out my first time out there when I get a chance to talk with a few of the guys that have been running there every week.

Thanks.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XX78 Altered:
27 Keith,

I never knew you were that intelligent. Heck, you didn't even have any spelling errors. Laughing

I didn't know that spell check correct hillbilly.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Hey now! WTF? censored

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Heh Keith, just having alittle fun. D*m job is in the way of racing until the 15th. Got a 12 pack in the box for you !
Forgot about Prest and Dion/Pink also show up sometimes at Mag. Program begins at 12 Noon, elims at 3pm, usually done by 6pm-7pm if you make the finals.

Later

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XX78 Altered,

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Just a thought, any chance someone running at the track each week could post the results of each week's event? It would be nice to know who wins/runner ups in each class. I know you can track points and get some idea, but after a couple of weeks it is tough to tell who has won for the night.

Like I said, just a thought.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One weekend on your big move to the north and you sound home sick.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
nope...just trying to track how some friends are doing on a week to week basis.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Last night was the first night of getting runs down the track. A few bugs to get worked out of the car. It was nice see a big car count, hopefully that continues throughout the year. Heading up there today to get some more runs in and hopefully get more bugs worked out before the rain comes.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Anyone race saturday? Any rain? I spent the day at Canfield Swap meet, place was packed, a 10 minute shower about 2:30. Good Swap meet! Ice Cream

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
yes we raced...we had the same lil shower..

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
I'd like to give a big THANKS to Norm and Donna Sam for helping me out Sat. morning.You two saved me again!
It was nice to see The Megateam there. No car,but came to give support and brought the newest member, a 3rd generation racer.
Congrats to Mark G. and Jeff M. S/Pro Winner and Runner-up not worthy not worthy You fellow DOOR CAR Guys make me proud!

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
nice day at the races.that spectatin crap just ain't gonna cut it.somthing will get raced next week ,even if i have to go to hertz and rent a new mustang.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
How many racers were there Saturday? Sure did not look like many from outside the fence. I sure hope the number of racers increase or the pet store and slots will be the only things that keep that place afloat.

FYI...9 out of 10 Lawyers have testified that there are no complaints anywhere in this posting... Ban Rolling welcome

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Hey Fairmont....do you know who won FB/Pro? Congrats to the SP guys.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation