DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was going to keep this under rap until the banquet but decided to spill the beans early. Other tracks and banquets have halls of fames and induct a special racer into it every year. I decided to start this at our banquet. I didn't have time to form a group to nominate someone so I took it on myself. Many of us old timers have known him for many years as he has raced for some 50 years. He hasn't raced since 2003 but in the day you didn't want to be near him in the staging lanes. For sure you would be packing up your stuff and heading home. He will be the first to be posted on the Quaker city legends placard and kept at the track. This years inductee is Bud Tenney. This may inspire some more people to come to the banquet and honor or meet Bud. I met with him Saturday and he really is a remarkable man with lot's of stories.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of brad3521
posted Hide Post
Bud's a great guy...well deserved!

Posts: 121 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
X2 Bud is a class act. And a badass racer!

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Bud is a very good choice! I am glad to see he still makes it out to the track and always got a smile on his face.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
great choice. a real great person & racer. long overdue. congrats on being the first.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
one guy I hated to race.....great choice.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post

tree race to begin no sooner than 5pm but may start at 5pm (starts when slot car racing ends)

registration and practice open all day asking most to arrive between 3-4pm for practice and registration for the tree race

friday evening and saturday morning are slot car races

ALL WELCOME!

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Been busy at my shop but have devoted evenings to prepping for the world of wheels car show in the Pittsburgh convention center. Our booth setup is just plain neat. Plenty of handouts, photos, flyers and racing DVD's playing. Oh yes we have race cars setup to view also. Moving in Wednesday afternoon to set up. Come on down and catch up on all the happenings at the track for this year. Wayne will be setting in to help at the booth and we all know he can BS to beat the band. Culp, maybe you need to try them new knees out and do a little bench racin with us.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
sorry George, really wanted to but I have some conflicts this weekend that will probably keep me from getting to the show. I would love to bench race....hell I got a shot at winning when all I have to do is lie more than Wayne...well, then again, LOL...

I will let you know if something changes. I will try to make the Cleveland show if you are planning to be there as well.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Culp, from what I understand the track will be at a show in canton in the up coming weeks.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I may be there afterall....wife may let me go instead of doing what she wanted to do....good wives are hard to find, but I got one.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
George, Mike, Wayne and all the World of Wheels crew did a fantastic job. The old photos were the icing on the cake. Great to see the photos showing the history of the track.

You all did a fantastic job stepping and taking on the job of promoting the track.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shawn but promoters we are not. I'am just a concerned racer that wants to see the track prosper. But yes we did have a blast doing the show. I showed concern when a least 15 people told me that they thought the track had closed.This is why these types of gatherings should be addressed. What a crowd on Sunday. You and Keith as well as a good many racers were able to make it in to see what had been set up on behalf of the track. I was very disappointed others didn't at least call. everyone new the dates and days,3 in all. That was kind of a let down. All of our entered cars took either 1st or 2nd in there classes. For myself the shows not over yet. I still have borrowed trucks to wash up and return as well as salty trailers to clean up. Special thanks to all my helpers Wayne, Gabe, Kayla, Brian , Mikey and chad for the hard work manning the booth and setting up and tearing down the show.

DRR Trophy
Picture of 318Y
posted Hide Post
X2, I could not of said it any better.
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
George, Mike, Wayne and all the World of Wheels crew did a fantastic job. The old photos were the icing on the cake. Great to see the photos showing the history of the track.

You all did a fantastic job stepping and taking on the job of promoting the track.

Team Rocky
Brian Yanchik

RJ Race Cars
Domhoff Racing Engines
Race Flow Development
Abruzzi Converters

Posts: 119 | Location: Pa. | Registered: March 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Shawn, I forgot to mention that it was nice to put a face to a your name. heck about a year ago I was hoping I could find you and lump you up. after seeing you I think maybe I'll pass on that one.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shawn, I forgot to mention that it was nice to put a face to a your name. heck about a year ago I was hoping I could find you and lump you up. after seeing you I think maybe I'll pass on that one.

Laughing Rolling

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
George,

Sorry I did not make it. I only had Saturday available and decided to forego the show due to the weather.

Let me know if you want or need help for Canton. I am willing and able to assist.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Jimmy I can give you his answer myself.....were not doing Canton.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wayne I think that is a smart move, you can only do so much on your own time. I was going to take my dad down to pittsburgh but he said it was too cold for him and so I staid home, going to take him to canton if weather is better just to get him out of the house for a while.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wayne....see you at the banquet.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation