DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Nice post, Shawn

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Steel Valley Super Nationals are coming back to Quaker City this June 20-22, 2014.
[IMG:left] [/IMG] target="_blank"> photo photo31_zps311de345.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 6 | Location: New Castle | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6 | Location: New Castle | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Your images are Missing

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Kekl Pics Rolling

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information Shawn. I understand the history of the track, even moreso now than I did, but it just seems there are too many people there that are ready to do anything necessary to win a local track (championship, points race, etc, etc, etc....) anything. I have always likend my racing at QCMP to my racing my karts at the local level. Its meant to be fun, meant to bring families together, and for everyone to enjoy time spent away from work with friends and family. To me, and this is only my opinion, local track championships and such are just that, local track titles, its a trophy and a few perks, maybe. The local kart racing and, in my eyes, local drag racing is mainly a hobby for people. If you want that cut-throat attitude, or want to lose a LOT of the fun or enjoyment of motorsports, just move up the ladder. Regional, or National level events are for the cut-throat, win at all costs racers. I know karting is just as bad or worse at a regional and national, and even international level and I see much the same at drag races.

I am sory if I rambled on, but I want to see QCMP grow and flourish as it had in the past and the cut-throat attitudes of some people (not just singled you out here Billy) are ruining SOME of the tracks reputation as well as turning SOME of the regular competitors off to the facility.

Shawn, thank you for the history lesson as well as the information otherwise, nothing but respect for you.......

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHattie:
Just tired of the rhetoric regarding the track points and the BS surrounding it. I think A LOT of the racers at QCMP have forgotten that we are racing at a LOCAL track with absolutely no national points or recognition or anything. There is a group there that think and act like their life depends on points at some local FAMILY drag strip. It's rediculous to see those attitudes and ACTIONS ruin the family atmosphere and, quite frankly, the FUN that this track offers as well as this HOBBY that we all know and love. The big buck, back stabbing, throat cutting, win at all cost attitudes are ruining it. Sorry to offend, but enough is enough.

Not sure I see the same attitudes that you describe above....however, dont forget this is not a family picnic...it is a COMPETITION...and I am competitive as most that race are. Not saying that I cross a line or act as you describe, but I am not so sure much of what you describe goes on.

I spend a lot of MONEY to enjoy this COMPETITIVE Hobby...if I did not want to compete, I would buy a boat which is a way to spend a lot of money and not have to compete with anyone. If you are just into enjoying your day at the track then that is your perogative, but my fun comes from the competing against some of the best racers in the area. My bet is that there are more like me than the way you describe folks above or even that spend money just to hang out at the dragstrip.

These are my opinions and you are free to disagree all you want. I just do not see racers at the track act the way you describe above.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Brian

Your last post kind of hit my point. The local track champ title is not what it used to mean. With IHRA's SSS deal in place, it does give the local track champ the opportunity for National recognition. It puts them on top of their class nationally in IHRA.

Local track championships now is like holding a bone in front of a dog. He will wait for you to hand it to him and just quitely chew on it. The IHRA SSS is like hanging the same bone in front of that dog but with all the meat on that bone. If that dog is hungry, it will bite your hand to get that bone.

Let me say this, I don't want anyone to think I am taking away from those who have won track championships when I say that it has lost it's luster due to the SSS. Ray Wade, Kieth Gerlach, Albert Donnell, Sam Kobl, Tom Ferguson, Ray Wilkins and the all those on that list that used to stair you in the face at the front gate are great drivers that have proven themselves as great races not only at QC but all over this region. Unfortunatley those that are there chasing the SSS dream and the younger crowd seem to forget what it means or never got to experience a time to earn the respect of being on a list with these guys.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I will say this, no matter what sport you look at there is always going to be some fishy stuff going on, everybody will call you a cheater if you are winning and there will always be somebody who couldn't win if they were the only car entered but will blame somebody else for there losing. It is how you deal with it that dictates whether you have fun or not.
I have bad hearing so I don't hear much of the gossip that goes around at the track but I wouldn't matter because I would just turn it in my favor and have some fun with it but that is just me. I had people *****ing and moaning last year because I double entered and was using my delay box during time trials in mod class, who cares and the reason I double entered is I was chasing a problem with reaction times and wanted extra time runs and I paid the extra fees so all was good but if they were worried that I would get the bye first round I wouldn't have let that happen plus the track knew I had the box. Long post but hey if you want to have fun you got to learn how to block some things out sometimes.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Any one heading to the canton car show Feb 14-15-16 the quake will be set up again.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
Jimmy I can give you his answer myself.....were not doing Canton.

quote:
Originally posted by quartermilemadnessman:
Any one heading to the canton car show Feb 14-15-16 the quake will be set up again.

Wayne... I think you got trumped.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
George, who is doing it this time?
I see someone got the bright idea of trying to piggyback the index racing on the Q16 days, some people like being up all night to finish a race.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wayne... I think you got trumped.

I don't think so Shawn....the mad fool is starting to get a little goofy I'm stupid in his old age. Heard at the banquet that Kenny and AJ are handling that.

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well if you all aren't there again, I guess no reason for Gerlach and I to come visit. I see how this works now. Send us to to PA in the snow but you can't come to Ohio for sunshine. Busted

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

Thats the way "EL WAYNO" rolls....you come to the master but the master does not come to you. Rolling

I will be at Canton. You, Gerlack and I can meet up for breakfast and then slop around in the mud and snow looking for those hard to find parts. Let me know.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This is downtown and inside at the Civic Center I believe. It's not out the fairgrounds. I got to check the schedule but if Kieth is up to it, I am sure we could all meet up. Since this one is close, Dion may even go if I buy his breakfast.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Send us to to PA in the snow but you can't come to Ohio for sunshine. Busted

Hey Shawn, sorry I missed you in Pittsburgh. How did Rivers treat you?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Send us to to PA in the snow but you can't come to Ohio for sunshine. Busted

Hey Shawn, sorry I missed you in Pittsburgh. How did Rivers treat you?

My Garmin and I had the same feeling in Pittsburgh..... Lost!!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
D'oh!
Next time, bring the fire, I'll bring the fuel, and we'll put that place out of our misery. censored

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Deal... but only after we go in and eat. Someone next to me at a game was eating some wings that smelled and looked fantastic!!