DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Agree with Green 1.

You would think the Canton venue would just as important, if not more important than the Pittsburg venue for the bulk of QC racers.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Um, you're missing an H. It's Pittsburgh. As in Pittsburgh will always have a better pro football team than Cleveland.

Way to go

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Um, you're missing an H. It's Pittsburgh. As in Pittsburgh will always have a better pro football team than Cleveland.

Way to go

^^^^x2....and always has...well except during the "Ryan Stout years".

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony! I might live in N.E. Ohio. But have been a Steeler fan since I was 6. 29 now Roll Eyes

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VX96:
Thanks Tony! I might live in N.E. Ohio. But have been a Steeler fan since I was 6. 29 now Roll Eyes

Sweet, then you know what I'm talkin' about

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
just wondering,did you guys ask your track champion to show his car at the show??i think people would have loved that short dragster!! Rollingand nice display of pictures also!seem to be missing one of the nicest dragsters around tho!!imo.. but all in all very nice display..GREAT JOB FELLOWS!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Have you ALWAYS been a ball-buster?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ball buster, no....

...whiney, crying little toddler, definitely

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Where is my huckleberry, Andy Z.? Is he going to actually race this year or just ride around in his mobile mansion and play camper boy? I saw the Fairmont is for sale again, guess the new owner kept getting mistaken for the guy that bulbed and blew the showdown race in that car and the embarrassment was too much for him to bare.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
In response to your questions Mrs. Culp....1,I'm right here..2, as you may know,in the Chinese zodiac this is the year of The Horse,so I expect the Mustang will be turning on many win lights in my lane...3,I can only speculate that the present owner of the Fairmont has realized what a precious gem he has acquired. With it's racing history and previous legendary owners it should fetch some serious cash from some big time investor or avid car collector.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
culp,
getting back to the steeler thing, who in the hell is ryan stout?? or did you mean cliff stout? typical fan, probably think chuck knoll is still coaching. LOL ...........

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
lol

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
cryinghe called me a name!! cryingthat hurt so bad!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
whining, crying little toddler, that's not that bad. It could have been a lot worse

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ex-FairmontRacer351:
In response to your questions Mrs. Culp....1,I'm right here..2, as you may know,in the Chinese zodiac this is the year of The Horse,so I expect the Mustang will be turning on many win lights in my lane...3,I can only speculate that the present owner of the Fairmont has realized what a precious gem he has acquired. With it's racing history and previous legendary owners it should fetch some serious cash from some big time investor or avid car collector.

Andy, you are mistaken...that was not a horse but rather a Jackass....so you might be right and it might be your year. And who the h3ll collects fairmonts???? Even Ford owners dont collect Fairmonts. The only place I ever saw a collection of those cars was at the scrap yard.

Yuk, My mistake....given you are a Browns fan I would expect you to remember his name since that might have been the last time you had a winning season.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Gets the point across without dropping to that level......guess I better not turn my back in the staging lanes right?

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wow!!such a smart ass you have become brian!guess its your turn to f@#k with me now huh?
quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHattie:
Gets the point across without dropping to that level......guess I better not turn my back in the staging lanes right?

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just tired of the rhetoric regarding the track points and the BS surrounding it. I think A LOT of the racers at QCMP have forgotten that we are racing at a LOCAL track with absolutely no national points or recognition or anything. There is a group there that think and act like their life depends on points at some local FAMILY drag strip. It's rediculous to see those attitudes and ACTIONS ruin the family atmosphere and, quite frankly, the FUN that this track offers as well as this HOBBY that we all know and love. The big buck, back stabbing, throat cutting, win at all cost attitudes are ruining it. Sorry to offend, but enough is enough.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Brian

You are partially correct in your statement. Local racers race for points. That is all they care about. If it's a points day, they are in the staging lanes. If it is not a points day, you have a 50/50 shot that a race will show up.

As far as the rewards for points, Quaker City is/was a very tradition rich, historic facility that is known for producing some of the best racers in the region. It used to be when you came thru the gate at Quaker City there was a big sign that listed the Track Champions current and past. It stood out large and loud who was the big dog in that yard. During this time, if you showed up at a track with a QC raceway sticker on your car or attended a bracket finals with Team Quaker City you were a target. People either came for you or tried to avoid you. Quaker City was just the best of the best, period.

Unfortunately I believe the sign is gone. I don't recall coming thru the gate and having that history stand out. Now it seems like guys run points for the shot at the Summit Super Series and to get the chance to run the SSS race with the dream to go on to be recognized as a National champion in either Box or No Box. For some, the class/track championship is now secondary. IHRA has put a big pot of gold at the end of that 1 SSS race so guys aim for that top spot.

It seems if guys don't get that top spot, they don't attend the bracket finals. More and more teams are taking alternates and going deep into the points list to do so. That was never the case at QC. You used to hope if you were the #1 alternate that 1 person was not going so you could get in. Heck, there are some tracks that take a guy that has only raced their a couple times during the year because they can't get guys to go to a bracket finals. IHRA may have put the big pot of gold on 1 race but really have killed the bracket finals by dividing them up with limited number of teams and really taking the focus off the class winners and putting the focus on the SSS winner.

So why you are correct, racers are racing for points and take it more serious then ever, it's no longer about the goal of making the bracket team. The prestige of being a team member just doesn't carry the weight anymore. It's all about the #1 spot and being given that chance in the SSS runoff at the bracket final for your chance to be a National Champ and walk away with a big prize and cash. If you want to point the blame, maybe IHRA should be blamed for putting such a large prize package out there. Maybe IHRA is to blame for giving 1 racer in the country the chance to carry the 1X number on their car for a season. Maybe blame IHRA for giving 1000's of racers across the country a chance at a dream of a little fortune and fame.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It has been almost 4 months since racing ended at quaker and now you finally speaking what's on your mind, somebody better get him to a race track or he ain't going to survive the three more months till quaker opens.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post