DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
had a great time in kentucky,jim and steve are great people,they have an awsome car..they will be contenders anywhere they go!!
you the man, i agree steve has a bright future in the sport.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Hey, Yoda was a very wise Jedi in the movie, in fact didn't Darth Vader spin out of control and into space? Maybe his tie fighter was made by the blue oval.

Bowties are distinguished, and indicate prestige, power and class. Blue Ovals are something that a kindergartener learns to draw with a crayon....

Looking forward to racing this year. After spending most of last year working on a garage, I really am starved for the competition.

Bill, good to hear you had a great time. How did you do down there? Go many rounds?

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
That blue oval is a warning label ask Fairmont racer.

You Bowtie guys started that warning bit. I understand because You should be aware and a little frightened due to the magnitude of powers and forces these magnificent Ford machines create.
Culp, You best be careful if Yuk decides to unleash the fury of POISON POWER unto You!

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FairmontRacer351:
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
That blue oval is a warning label ask Fairmont racer.

You Bowtie guys started that warning bit. I understand because You should be aware and a little frightened due to the magnitude of powers and forces these magnificent Ford machines create.
Culp, You best be careful if Yuk decides to unleash the fury of POISON POWER unto You!
tell em' andy, they underestimate the power of the dark side.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If only those blue ovals could contain all that power inside of the motor instead of spreading it out all over the race track in one loud boom! Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
i regretfully would like to announce my formal resignation as a "nostalgia drags" committee member. due to recent conflicts of intrest and my own personal reasons, i am stepping down. your new committee members consist of dan swindell and jeff gilger which i know will always carry the best intrest of the race. i would personally like to take the time and thank dan and quakercity raceway for giving this style of racing a chance.also most important all my family,friends,sponsors and all the competitors who supported this race last year and for the upcoming 2010 season. it has been an honor and a privlidge to have seen this race go from grassroots and blossom into a great format for those individuals who race it. the great thing is the race continues and will only be as big as the racers who support it, which i know many of you will do. i will keep up with the points series that i am so proud to have established, and all the changes for the 2010 season which i tried to accomidate all the racers. it takes hard work to make everyone happy, but this year i think it is a win-win for everyone.i will now focus on my personal bracket racing and look forward to seeing many of my friends new and old. thanks again for all the support,help dedication and most of all the great memories. also good luck to all of the competitors this year. again this race will only be as big as the racers make it. so go chase your place in history to be the first ever points champions.thanks again sincerely john sweitzer {aka} mr. yuk !!!!!!!!!!!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Missinganother racer the "cared"...

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
Missinganother racer the "cared"...
yes i did bill. i walk from there with my head held high and always had the best intrest of the racers.certain people can draw there own conclusions. i tried and did the best i could for everone.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr. yuk:
yes i did bill. i walk from there with my head held high and always had the best intrest of the racers.certain people can draw there own conclusions. i tried and did the best i could for everone.

John you have done an outstanding job and always have done it with class. You are well respected and appreciated for all your hard work. And keep in mind the weekend of Sept.18th we have a few races to win with our own little nostalgia team. Wink

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Wilkins:
quote:
Originally posted by mr. yuk:

John you have done an outstanding job and always have done it with class. You are well respected and appreciated for all your hard work. And keep in mind the weekend of Sept.18th we have a few races to win with our own little nostalgia team. Wink
ray, i thank you from the bottom of my heart. to hear those kinds of remarks from yourself and bill means the world to me and are kind jestures. i just hope others can understand this decision. i most certainly always tried. i know people will be able to read between the lines on this. i am confident of that. i now prepare for norwalk. the magnitude of this decision has loomed for a long time. it is a sad day but also a new begining. i still have concernes for the nostalgia competitors. not too many people know what goes on behind the scenes. i had my guts in this and i walk away knowing that!!!!!!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
You did a great job John.. I have never seen most of those cars that came to run your program. You should be proud.

Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
John, sorry to hear about your resignation. I had hopes that this type of racing might draw guys to the track that normally would not be there and maybe they would stay. However, I understand the issues that you faced and understand your reaction. Sometimes, no matter how much you try to help, your suggestions, support and efforts are not seen as help by others. I know how much work you put into this class and I had hoped that it would really take off. I had only wished that I had a car that would qualify for this class. I heard that Bill was fabricating a 40 Chevy Grill to fit on his dragster so that he could run in that class.

BOWTIE POWER.....I will see you on April 17th.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Green, I love that last post....most of the time that is the way those ovals their race...just like Marvin Martian used to say, "....in one loud, beautiful, earth-shattering, boom.....".

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Yuk, There is no doubt that you tried very hard and put your heart into what you believed in. Everyone can see what you accomplished and thank you each and every day for doing it. You did your best and thats all that can be expected from yourself. Hold your head high and be proud of what you did. On another note, If your still looking for work you should consider stand up comedy!!! Eyes

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey everyone,lou,jim,kieth,and everyone else,thanks again for all your kind comments. it is nice to know that the racers appreciated the work and i can honestly say that in some ways even knowing the outcome it was worth it. the phone has not stopped ringing and so many people have said such nice things that i know that the racers really do get it. it's even a better feeling to know that so many people support this decision. as i stated before it is sad in one way but a new begining in others. there is always a positive from a negetive.jim as far as bill is concerned, i could see him trying that, and kieth, good to know i make some people laugh. someone once told me people are quick to critisize but slow to relize,in this case it seems you guys understand this better then others. thanks again

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My hat goes off to you mr. yuk. Can't say enough of the job you did. Hate to see you go!!!! Guess the clan has struck again and ran more good people/racers off man does it suck.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
As the others said, You did a fine job and should be proud! Keith is right about the comedy act. The one "show" you put on a few years ago at Fun Ford Weekend was hilarious. Stories by Yuk....Priceless! Good Luck to you John.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
John hope you do good on your future ventures.You have started a GREAT POINTS SERIES,Five races for that kind of end of year payout is FANTASTIC! Good luck my friend you will be missed.

Posts: 111 | Location: Chardon,oh. | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey kenny and andy, yes i wish everyone the best down there,just got off the phone with some other people. really didn't know how others would feel, but i have made a lifetime of friends first and racers second that know i did my best and that's fine with me. as far as the payout's go sucker me gave them three more checks for more money today. oh well as i stated earlier, i now prepare for norwalk. i've always wanted to compete up there but never had the tow equipment, but i believe i fixed that problem with the purchase of this new tow vehicle. again thanks to everyone for your friendships first and supporting me and my wife with this decision.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
heck,i think um goin back to the quake.i'll be in the final every week.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post