DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Shawn did you get a car yet?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No. I have been watching still. Want a no box car and if need be something I can throw a box into. Have just been focusing on getting stuff for Dion's new pipe all gathered up and bolted on.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow you guys give some good reading. Shawn you asked why the class was split up? Thats an easy one. Once upon a time there was a purple roadster that kicked a$$ every week because he was and is a great driver. But many people started crying. Then the rule changed until they were finally able to get that roadster out of there. Then the racers that crying ended up leaving anyway. Banging Head I even seen a decal one time that said ***** who? it was on a car that you can get cheap just for paying off some debt Rolling Too answer your question yes payout would be large in that class if it was just followed by the rule book. Which now in this case is not available because ahra is waiting for a grant so they can buy ink.Jim i agree pretty much with everything you say Qcr is such a fun awesome track to race at but i agree your not going to get a turn out with no guarentee. I still race there and love doing it. Norwalk is the elite if u can afford to tow. Prp is a class act racetrack. run well pays well and if you ever had the pleasure of racing with someone like mark romeo you would see how talented and classy the racers there are. So bad i wish qcr can be like that again. Like shawn said never say never. just keep hoping for the best. Boy Keith Gerlach i hope no one figures out who had the roadster I rule

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ray Wilkins,

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
22 Days 13 hrs. Wave Wave Wave

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Andy I fired up the car this week to warm it up and set the valve and forgot that if you don't back it out of the garage it will shake things off of the walls.I thought there was a quake going on! Wink

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
so does this mean the city of salem is trying to buy the track??

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yup!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
911, Salem is laying off people and hard up for$$$$! Don't think the people will stand for that happening. Just take a look back at the fire dept.deal of a few years back...they shot down the city govt.then and I believe they will fight any track purchase in the future. Chuck

Posts: 349 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Hey Andy I fired up the car this week to warm it up and set the valve and forgot that if you don't back it out of the garage it will shake things off of the walls.I thought there was a quake going on! Wink

Green, Maybe Yuk was running his car at the same time. GREEN SLIME POISON POWER RULES!!
El Madmaneo, Got those Race Cars and Fishin Boats ready to go??

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey guys, a bunch of great points brought up. i have to agree with shawn and jim the most. car count will suffer till they combine the classes or cut the et off somewhere different. look at the sportsman class at norwalk. $20.00 entry fee,12.00 to 19.99 et, footbrake class, but your only running for $150.00+cont.this is a beginers class and bader pays accordingly,when those drivers feel confident to go to pro, there car has to be faster then 13.99 et which is a fair cut off.lets not forget a few years ago,qcr had the old sreet class like norwalk. now someone with there everyday car is running for the same amount we are,and aren't required to have half the safety equipment we do. i'de be willing to bet the car count in footbrake would really suffer if they put a 13.99 et cutoff. other tracks do different payouts also,thompson guarentee's payout determined by car count also. 32 to 49 cars in mod. pays $600.00 to win $200.00 to r/u. 50+ cars pays $800.00 to win $300.00 to r/u. i think most racers in this econmy would appreciate that. i also agree with ray,when i run pittsburgh, they are great racers,romeo brothers, aj casini, brewer, list is endless and there really cool people. i don't know what to expect at qcr. the clock is ticking.we've lost a bunch of great drivers in the last few years,they haven't stopped racing,i feel this year could be real bad.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FairmontRacer351:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:

Green, Maybe Yuk was running his car at the same time. GREEN SLIME POISON POWER RULES!!
El Madmaneo, Got those Race Cars and Fishin Boats ready to go??
good to know you guys feel the power of the lime-slime. POISON POWER RULES!!!!!!!!

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
shawn,i got the car for you.box or no box.pontiac/NOVA 555 ALKY INJECTED ROSSLER 3 SPEED WHEELI POPPER.YOU BETTER CHECK IT OUT BEFORE NORMY SAMS GETS IT.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Two problems madman...Shawn wouldn't buy it with a Rossler tranny and Norm wants a long skinny car.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Got a new Racetech with a 24 inch cage and extra height on the roll cage. Norm would fit like a glove.

Madman... Is that the world famous pumpkin? Is it on here or RJ that I can look at info or pricing?

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
No Shawn it is not the one from Charlie Brown. Wink

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
somebody mentioned Pittsburgh..forgot Weaver and Casper...bad dudes.

I agree with Keith and Wilkins.. seems like nobody from the racetrack reading this so is this like..group therapy or what???

Don't know what to for this year. Love QCR like the rest of you but something has to change. We need the kind of atmosphere like PGH has. Greg Miller is doing a great job bringing new ideas to the track. We need the sign in front of the track to say under new management. Nothing against Dan I think he is a pretty good guy but be smart enough to give upe the reigns and let someone to come in take it over. Its not to late.. Save it!!

my 2cts.

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Keith,

We have disagreed on several topics, but I really do not think we have ever talked enough to say that we have never seen eye to eye on much. You ask a very good question, however I believe you are asking the wrong person. I have said for years, I really do not care what classes are offered at the track. What QCR has to do is make a decision and stick with it. If you are eliminating FB, then do so. You will have some complain, you will have some leave, but eventually they would return or get over it or not. This is a business decision that has to be good for the business (QCR). I started racing Footbrake because most of the guys I raced with were running that class and the class had the most competitors. So, you are right the payouts could be good or not depending on how many cars there were.

I just do not want to commit to 16 races at a track that will not commit to the payout on those days. I do not want to sit through rains or crappy weather to get my points only to run for $100. Just not worth my time. I plan to try the Norwalk experience based on the fact that I waited for a guarenteed payout and nothing was posted by the date I felt I needed to make a decision. And yes, I can afford to tow to Norwalk for the points days.

Shawn,

I do plan to race a QCR, just not willing to commit to running there every weekend for points. I will run there from time to time, I really like the facility. But like most racers, I have been running there my whole racing career. I have been asking about payouts, and when asked provided ideas on how the track could make more money and yet make it racer friendly at the same time. Nothing ever changes, and no payouts were offered. I have and will continue to support the track, but I am ready to have some guarentees. As the customer, I want to see some changes to ensure that the track will continue to operate and that my investiments into their business is beneficial to me and the other customers.

I am tired of paying more and more every year, and seeing less and less benefit. For instance, If you make the team, who are you racing against at the "AHRA Bracket Finals"??? Where is the information? What am I running for in Points??? These are questions that need to be answered based on past events leaving drivers without a bracket final or without the prize money that was initially posted. QCR's actions have led to this mistrust of "unstated or unposted" information. I do like racing there and it is the closest location to me, but I want guarentees......not speculation, rumors, or ideas.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jim

I think more people are starting to see this. It has been happening for a couple years over there. It has been the general decline of the program and the lack of communication and stability in the policies. The last year we ran points there I believe was 2006. We now tow 100 miles versus the 15 miles to participate at Norwalk. It's a shame because qcr HAD all the potential in the world. Unfortunately, I think it is too far gone based on the reasons you stated. For us it has become just a place to go if there is nothing else going on and you don't want to stay home.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I only wish someone who makes decisions would read some of this stuff....we all care, otherwise we would not be posting this information and we would just move on. Only the track can make changes that will improve the situation. The sad thing is there are a large contingency of people out there that want this track to change and improve in this area. Unfortunately, everyone is knocking, but no one is home......

SO IS EVERYONE READY FOR SOME TIRE BURNING, ENGINE SCREAMING, PARTS BREAKING (thats for the ford guys), FUN....Only DAYS AWAY. Can't wait.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Boys,

100% in agreement with everyone's comments (especially the ones regarding going back to the old class structure). I was hoping maybe Kenny would chime in....

On another note, did everyone that wasn't at the banquet receive their payout from Summit (I'd imagine it would be a giftcard)? Got the gift certificate from QCR just nothing from Summit.

Thanks.

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post