DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Tripple nickel thanks for helping us pointing out everything to us. I do race at your track and have many friends that do but for the record. Maybe the payouts are so good at your track because its a dirty, dusty mess!! Take half of your payout for mod and invest in calcium chloride and asphalt. You would probably get more people there then instead of coming to other posts and pointing out flaws.

apprieciate it thanks
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
sorry I'm working and checking at break.. typing and phrasing sucks i know. Wave

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i see qcr stepped up the payouts!!!but is it to late or will this draw the racers back that have decided to move on??super pro payout will now be 700.at 30 cars..and will increase with more entrys!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
This is good for SuperPro....however, I do not think this will keep anyone from Pro or Footbrake from leaving. Congrats to the superpro guys. As Bill said, hope this isn't too little too late for you guys. Only time will tell.

I only wished they would have done this for all the classes and done it earlier.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
i see qcr stepped up the payouts!!!but is it to late or will this draw the racers back that have decided to move on??super pro payout will now be 700.at 30 cars..and will increase with more entrys!!

Just saw that too. Looks like they need to work on sponsors for Footbrake too.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I think those that race their on points days should stop and say Thank You to the people that made that S/Pro payout increase... GAS Performanc, JD2 and of course maybe a note left at the office for the QCR Friend. If it was not for these 3 individuas, your payout would still be the same.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DMoore
posted Hide Post
Well....from the looks of the new payouts, maybe it is time to put a delay box in the car and run SP instead of footbrake

Denny Moore
1968 Buick Skylark (10.27 @ 129)

Posts: 111 | Location: Cortland, Ohio | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
maybe it is time to put a delay box in the car and run SP instead of footbrake

Denny why put a box in your car just run both classes swaping feet...STEWART

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I just went out and tried that in my street car, its really hard. but then it is a 4-speed! Banging Head

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Banging Headand i traded my dragster for a baja boat!! Banging Head

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
brought boat home today!!started polishing and buffing it.cant wait to drown a few worms..

Photobucket

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You don't need a boat for that Bill! Banging Head

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
You don't need a boat for that Bill! Banging Head

Shush...

Bill doesn't want everyone to know that he walks on water. Razz

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yea he walks on the bottom! Busted Laughing Rolling

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow, I take a short time off from DRR come back to find QCR has finally realized what racers want. Its nice to see that the payout has been brought up to a near acceptable level for S/P. Thanks to the three sponsors who stepped up. I am sure the racers will approve of this. Now it needs to be brought to the attention of QCR that the Gold/Silver card holders entries should be counted in the car count. The class sponsors and track workers entries should be counted also. You count Tech cards and that is the number of entries you pay from.

As for the Pro/Footbrake crowd. I think Mr. Wilkins probably hit the nail on the head with this one. Once upon a time a bunch of racers cried and cried and cried to Dan to get the foot feeders and the button guys seperated. Now you have that. Didnt seem to work out too well did it? The fix is to combine these classes again then you have 50-60 entries and have a good purse to race for. Hey, crying worked once with uncle Dan why not try it again? For those racers who are planning on going to the big brother track in the west, good luck, from what I seen you better bring your "A" game or you will be home before dark. That includes the two hour tow!

For everyone who is going to race at QCR. You know that Dans help has not changed from last yr. There are going to problems, count on it.

There is alot of rumors about some of you racers building monster engines for this season. I sure do like watching you guys go fast. Lets hope the track is in good enough shape to hold your power. Lets hope that Dan takes a little pride in giving you a racing surface to throw down some fast runs.

These are simply my observations! Remain Clam everyone. Wink

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
lets just leave me alone and prepair for this coming fishing season!!weather screwed me today,i was trying to finish buffing out my new boat!!

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
Picture of ExoticFab5018
posted Hide Post
Well now that the payout has been changed whats on everyones mind? Do u guys think its enough? Is anyone still planning on leaving? I gotta say its gona be hard to turn it down from my point of view, 30-40 cars is basically a guarantee everyweek so ur lookin at 7 to 800 for sure. Norwalk is still 1100 but you will have to beat over double the cars than at qcr and the long haul. If u spend 100$ per trip to nrp in fuel,multiplied times 11 points days thats 1100 bucks, and even if u crack a win ur back to 0$ profit twards tires, slicks ect. I think with the new payout it will help keep ppl around. Maybe even get some 50+ car count days. I like racing at qcr, I know others do too. So other than prest catching bluegills and lou racing at 42 Rolling whats everyone else thinking? Hum

Posts: 123 | Location: Hubbard,OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think many of the racers last year had some plan on returning beings the majority renewed their pit spots for this year...

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
good enough for me..dad said he MIGHT even grace us with his presents also..man i cant wait to go fishing!!i love qcr,i sure hope the track gets the attention that is required.. Party

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Might be same number of cars/rounds at Quaker and Norwalk when you consider buybacks at Quaker. I do agree on the longer tow $. Quaker is only 30 miles from my junk. Payout didn't matter much to me, I was going to Quaker anyway when possible. If I would win the extra $ will be nice. Hope weather gets better by April 10th.

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post