DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The blue mustang got the longest and Mickey Adams got the highest. We thought Clint bent a rim but he was back for the next round. Don't know if he ran it bent ,had a spare, or didn't bend it after all.Good job by all 3 drivers.

Posts: 35 | Location: northern ohio | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
OK so the volvo is chrysler powered...still not a ford. Rolling

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Culp, you keep bashing Fords and I'll whip out the video from the Labor Day race at Mag in 2010 where my street driven Ford put you on the trailer.

Seriously though. Good job at the classic. I was going to stay to support my fellow Quaker racer but it was just getting too late. Left after 4th round.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 06vistabluegt:
Culp, you keep bashing Fords and I'll whip out the video from the Labor Day race at Mag in 2010 where my street driven Ford put you on the trailer.

Busted Laughing Rolling ya Donkey's behind!!.... OK, Man up now..Who was really drivin your car at the classic????...it was Yuk, wasn't it?!!! Bustedagain!!! I rule

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FairmontRacer351:

Busted Laughing Rolling ya Donkey's behind!!.... OK, Man up now..Who was really drivin your car at the classic????...it was Yuk, wasn't it?!!! Bustedagain!!! I rule

Come on man. You said you stole the booster seat from McDonald's as a joke!!!

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Shawn, The secret is out now......

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:
On a Serious NOTE:

I noticed something similar at the Halloween classic...in Street...Two bowties, in pro, a bowtie and a bowtie powered volvo, in super pro, two bowties....again, no fords. Seems proof of what I have been saying all along.

Mr. Culp, just a slight correction. In Sportsman, Biddle beat an '87ish T Bird with an 8.2x dial. I know, because that T Bird whacked me 4th round with a .004. Big Grin

Great job on the Classic. You were killer all day Sunday. I think this was 2nd round:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I bent a wheel, spent some coin and was back in business for the next round of racing.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FairmontRacer351:
quote:
Originally posted by 06vistabluegt:

No, not Yuk....and we tried to use the booster but with it he still was not tall enough to see out the windshield. Later that day I did confuse him as a kid dressed up as "Mr. Clean" and tried to pass him some candy. Rolling

I had forgotten about the T-bird, that dude was kicking ARSE until he met Biddle in the final round. I'm stupid

Andy....where were you???? crying

I have to get the whole Ford versus Chevy stuff started again otherwise we wont have anything to do all winter. Well, I have a lot of parts that need replaced this year and I plan to make some changes. I really need this offseason.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Glad you were back Green 1 for the next round . You always put on a good show.The blue t-bird is driven by Dale Boyer a norwalk regular.

Posts: 35 | Location: northern ohio | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So has anybody seen any equipment at the track tearing up any concrete? Just wondering if it is going to happen.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had a friend drive by on his way to a job on Monday and he said nothing is taking place. With all the nice weather we've had, it seems the time to start would have been ideal.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of supersill
posted Hide Post
Don't mean to butt in,but after all the *****ing and wining going on at QCMP would you pave the track if you owned it???
Just my 2cents.
I think racers need to calm down and respect the track owners ,its a ruff economy and it would suck to see a good track like qcmp close.Just let Norm run his business and support it as much and as often as you can,and I'm sure it will all work out! Remember dragracing is suppost to be FUN!!!!

Posts: 72 | Location: ohio | Registered: September 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The re-paving or doing it in cement I think is secondary to the elimination of the ongoing water problems at Quaker. How many times in 2011 were days lost to water problems when the weather was nice. Even with the trenches down both sides of the track, the water still came up through the track surface.
If the track is to grow and become one of the premiere tracks in the mid-west, something needs to be done with the water and the track surface so high powered cars can use the track. If Norm decides that it's just going to be a weekly bracket track, then just leave it alone, but be willing to give up a lot of days because of the water problem.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Scott I agree about all the crying and whining but like Andamo said unless you want to give up a lot of racing days plus possibly racers going other places when the weather is iffy then the water problems need to be address in some sort of way. If it were me I would have core drilled some holes through the retaining wall below the racing surface where the water was coming up and see if that would allow it to drain out the side instead of coming up out the top. I think you could also tear up just one section where it is coming up and put some drainage down then repave. They just need to come up with a solution so the racers don't have to sit around all day waiting for the sun to go down so the ater stops coming up or it gets cancelled. How many times would you go back to a track if it isn't nothing but blue skys but racing gets cancelled and it is too late to go to another track? Just saying the track can be fixed but the crybabying will never be fixed.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bracketgto
posted Hide Post
I just come on here to tease Andy about his Dorf .. And some swingset pipe rack racers .. Me got no problems boss Ice Cream

Posts: 395 | Location: ohio | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
On a different note -

Thank you Veterans. We are grateful for your service and your defense of the Freedoms that allow us to drag race on a weekend and voice our opinions in a forum such as this.

God Bless America!

Just Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
AMEN....GOD BLESS ALL THE MILITARY PERSONNEL FOR THEIR DEVOTION TO OUR COUNTRY, THEIR WILLINGNESS TO PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE, AND THEIR DEDICATION TO THEIR JOB. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT GET TO TAKE A VACATION DAY BECAUSE THEY FEEL BAD ONE MORNING, OR BECAUSE THEY JUST DO NOT FEEL LIKE WORKING. THEY JUST SHOW UP, DO THEIR JOB, AND DO NOT EXPECT ANYONE TO NOTICE. I HAVE SPENT A LARGE PORTION OF MY LIFE AROUND MILITARY PERSONNEL, AND THEY ARE SOME OF THE BEST HUMAN BEINGS THIS COUNTRY HAS TO OFFER. I RESPECT AND FEEL HUMBLED WHEN IN THE PRESENCE OF ACTIVE MILITARY AND VETERANS. I WISH TO SAY "THANK YOU" FOR EVERYTHING THAT I ENJOY.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Any track updates? Nothing new on the site and no news letter for a while. Any word on a banquet?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Only updates I have heard of is the ford boys are getting a new crew to help them push their cars around and pick up any parts that may have fell off. Roll Eyes