DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
AHRA TERMINATES THUNDER ROAD RACEWAY PARK AGREEMENT
March 2nd, 2010 4:45 P.M. PST
Spokane Valley, WA

The AHRA has terminated their business relationship with the principals of Thunder Road Raceway Park in Shreveport, LA. including the official AHRA sanction of the track and facility, AHRA CEO Troy Moe stated Tuesday afternoon.

All scheduled AHRA events planned at the venue have been effectively cancelled.

Class racers might be the only people who are happy about this.

While the announcement marks the 3rd move of the first "Reunion Tour" event of the year, since racers still don't have anything except the December, 2009 proposed version of the AHRA rules to work from, it has been a bit tough for them to get ready for competition in the first place.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Come on Jr. It is about 1 month away and you still don't have this payout thing handled.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I was not at the banquet this past February, was the consensus that QCR was going to offer a guarenteed payout or not? I have heard both opinions from racers that were there. I am getting impatient and tired of waiting on an answer. Has anyone heard anything other than "by the end of the week" as to when an answer is likely. Maybe I am nieve, but I think it is a simple decision.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
"By the end of the week" but don't know what week!

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i cant even get them to take my calls at qcr!!guess i pi ssed them off already this year..imagine that..such a shame,i was really hoping for a 800 and 200 range for payouts..but i guess it just aint going to happen..oh well at least we have our memoreys of the good ole days at qcr.. Banging Head

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I can't believe they won't take your calls...you didn't even have a steering problem there.

Guess you can't ask certain questions, eh? I had hoped for something to draw more crowds and ensure the health of the track. The 800/200 guarentee would be a nice payout and I think you would not have trouble drawing racers. I guess I will probably pay for my NHRA membership and Number if there is nothing by Monday. Need to start making plans to head west for points racing and guarenteed payouts.

Let me know if you hear anything or they call you.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Looks like Street Legal was increased from 50/25 to 60/40. Maybe the other classes are going to be adjusted as well.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpKX48:
I was not at the banquet this past February, was the consensus that QCR was going to offer a guarenteed payout or not? I have heard both opinions from racers that were there. I am getting impatient and tired of waiting on an answer. Has anyone heard anything other than "by the end of the week" as to when an answer is likely. Maybe I am nieve, but I think it is a simple decision.

Culp, I spent an hour and a half with Dan last Monday talking about it. He said there will be a guarenteed pay out in super-pro and in pro but 10 days later still nothing. I feel your pain buddy. I did all I can to hold out but not sure what the hold up is. You are 100% right very easy decision. Do it or don't but can't let people hang until race day. Don't know buddy but I do agree very frusturating.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Already sent for my NHRA renewal and the car is NHRA certed till July. Made an appointment last week to get it updated at the Pontiac Nationals 1st week of August. I'm gonna keep my NHRA stuff updated and the hell with the rest. If its not good enough.... I guess I wont race at that track. Ive had enough... $1000 to get on the track in certs and liscences.

this sucks
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hey Andy I think I can now admit to what really happened in Chile last week,the earthquake was caused by me firing up my Chevy Horsepower machine! EyesIt shook the ground a little too much with all that power. Wink

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Already sent for my NHRA renewal and the car is NHRA certed till July. Made an appointment last week to get it updated at the Pontiac Nationals 1st week of August. I'm gonna keep my NHRA stuff updated and the hell with the rest. If its not good enough.... I guess I wont race at that track. Ive had enough... $1000 to get on the track in certs and liscences.

this sucks
Lou

Bingo! It does suck. That is one of the reasons I don't mind being a slower car. I just can't wait for the powers that be to tell us that anything quicker then 11.99 needs a diaper! I'm all for safety but how in the hell do they expect a car without motorplates and header tucked in between factory unibody frame rails to get a diaper on their car?

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Yea.. I was going to put one on the T/A and gave up... Maybe we should invent one that fits stock frame cars!!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Well, its friday afternoon, 35 days and 20 hours away from Opening Day, so the website says. But still no word on payouts.....hhmm Hum I have been watching the website for two weeks waiting for the big announcement. Oh well, Monday is the deadline for me.....hope someone from QCR is reading this and cares.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Yea.. I was going to put one on the T/A and gave up... Maybe we should invent one that fits stock frame cars!!

Check out Dennis Ridgeway's products.

Brian Cireddu bought one of his diapers part way through last season. From what I understand, the payouts from Dragway 42's contingency program for that item more than paid for the 'custom' work done by DRE's EngineDiapers.com to make it work with his Camaro's stock location motor mounts.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information Wayne but why are you on the QCR page? Keeping tabs on us? Big Grin

Jim Feaster

Posts: 121 | Location: Sagamore Hills, OH USA | Registered: December 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 166 | Location: Northeast OHIO | Registered: October 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Team-Schuster:
AT LEAST WE'LL BE ON TV ! Smile Smile Smile
http://www.competitionplus.com...-be-broadcast-on-fsn

Just keep PREST away from the cameras!!

Greenie, You're a CLOWN!!

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Andy, did you get your AHRA membership yet? I called over a month ago and the person I spoke to said they were getting ready to start sending them out. WTF still haven't received them, begining to wonder about this deal. Banging Head

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Rolling Rolling Rolling

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
Andy, did you get your AHRA membership yet? I called over a month ago and the person I spoke to said they were getting ready to start sending them out. WTF still haven't received them, begining to wonder about this deal. Banging Head

I talked to them the other day. There was a mistake with the printing of the rulebook that is holding them up. They want to mail everything as a complete package.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post