DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Just remember payout isn't the only reason for some people leaving,when the other things are resovled then I think you will see the return of other racers.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
ok,payout has been addressed!now what about insurance??does qcr have ins threw AHRA..or not.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
I think payout is fine now. Thanks to the people who stepped up to help. I like QC too but will run other tracks this year, yes even Dragway 42. (Have no problem with the track and crew.) Thinking of going no box racing and maybe Indy this summer for the Jegs invitational. QC is 26 miles for me so I will race there as much possible, but not for points.
I think everyone has the same idea... join points somewhere, try to get enough to make the bracket team for IHRA. Might be wrong on this but I have heard a lot of birds chirping. As far as Prest fishing.....well lets just leave it at that...too easy!!!!

LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
ok,payout has been addressed!now what about insurance??does qcr have ins threw AHRA..or not.

In the center of the page.

http://ahradragracing.com/AHRA_HOME.html

Also, non AHRA members will be covered under the insurance policy for the AHRA Reunion Tour race.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Since the bonus payout is for points days only, are points members only eligible? You think its a silly question but some places do that.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very good question Shawn. Wink

Posts: 349 | Location: Warren, OH | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
the only way that will get answered is threw the office Rollingand good luck wit dat??

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
hey everyone, so many great topics brought up from everybody. congrads to super pro. like shawn said thanks to gas perf., jd2, and qcr friend. also really great question from shawn. i also have to agree with lou and green1. there are many questions about ahra have not been addressed,so it should be interesting. like lou also said many people are very loyal to other sanctions which really no one can say anything bad about. driver prefrence. there will always be pros and cons to this. not everyone is going to always agree. exoticfab also brought up the towing math to norwalk and back. no doubt, money involved,but here are some other figures that aren't being added up. qcr has 16 pnts. races at $40.00 entry fee=$640.00 to run the series. norwalk has 11 pnts. races at $30.00 entry fee=$330.00 to run series which leaves a balance of $310.00 to use for fuel,tires etc..i think it is safe to say that everyone is pinching money numbers all around. everyone wants the best program for there money. its up to the tracks to offer this with sanctions,payouts,etc...now more then ever,the tracks involvement is criticle to secure racers and spectators.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yuk... you forgot what it pays to win the S/Pro and Pro points at NRP.... $10,000!! Plus each points meet is the Moser Mega Money, APD Run Tuff program and the Dart Head Select program.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
shawn, great point plus the overall contingency program. as i stated before, everyone is going to do whats best for them. i understand the discussions here are opinions good and bad. i'm not trying to suggest entry fees vs towing at all, just felt let saying hey, that $310.00 difference will help somewhere. just got off the phone with some guys going to pittsburgh. awesome track. really like the racers down there too. feel they are very sportsman friendly,with great payout program,and really stout competition. same distance to pittsburgh for me as norwalk. also two seasons ago raced for thompson. great track with lots of good people there. for myself, i will figure out whats best for me very soon. lots of people have called and asked me to come and race with them. that is really cool to know. can't say how much that really means to me. will compete at qcr when i can, just for now need a change.

Posts: 189 | Location: niles,ohio | Registered: January 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A POINTS MEMBER TO GET THE $$$$.AND QCR DOES HAVE INSURANCE.the gods have called and spokin with me personally...NOW shutup and fish.. Party

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Talked to track 4:15 today. Prest is 100% correct. Here is the best tip of the day for anyone and everyone. Buy stock in any fishing supplys. If anyone has ever seen what Prest has done to fuel jugs or lawn chairs or race car sheet metal they understand. Poor poor fishing poles.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Got my boat loaded up and ready to go. Seeing Saturdays forecast, think I'll go out and "Test the Waters"

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
Andy, how about the quartermile madnessman he is jumping ship. Wave

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
Andy, how about the quartermile madnessman he is jumping ship. Wave

I will miss his Infinite Wisdom on Race Day. I will also miss the famous Angus Burgers.

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
racecar sheet metal???dont understand that 1 raymond..
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Wilkins:
Talked to track 4:15 today. Prest is 100% correct. Here is the best tip of the day for anyone and everyone. Buy stock in any fishing supplys. If anyone has ever seen what Prest has done to fuel jugs or lawn chairs or race car sheet metal they understand. Poor poor fishing poles.

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wayne Mros
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted March 29, 2010 07:33 PM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Mros:
Andy, how about the quartermile madnessman he is jumping ship.

I will miss his Infinite Wisdom on Race Day. I will also miss the famous Angus Burgers.

One thing I won't miss is the clean up's Rolling

Posts: 412 | Location: Clinton Pa. | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Everyone is right regarding superpro, the payouts and insurance is taken care of. However, that is one class only and what are you running for in points? What is the year end payout, $350 in summit bucks after racing 16 weeks to finish first. Are you kidding me. That is not a real incentive to run points is it? Guarentee to race 16 weeks for $350. If I am lucky enough to win the class, I would hope all my hard work would generate more winnings than that.

THe other two money classes have not been taken care of. Even if Quaker decided to combine the classes into one, you would lose some car count because some of the street cars would drop out and not want to run chassie cars and roadsters. Where do they run? This is why there have always been three classes except for a short time where only superpro and footbrake existed. Then Pro was reformed because some cars that had transbrakes did not want to run without them or install a box. Do we only have a box/NB track? Do you (as a track) find sponsors for the other two classes? Or is it incumbent upon us as racers to do the tracks work? Do I get a discount if I bring a sponsor to the table since I am working for the track? Because this sponsor might entice more racers.

What happens to these classes or is everyone only worried about Superpro? If so, dont you think this will hurt car count too? The track needs cars to survive regardless of whether they run superpro, pro, footbrake, street, no box, whatever the track decides to run. If you only increase payout in one class, then do not question why cars from pro and footbrake decide to run elsewhere for points and money.

Dont take what I am saying here wrong. I am happy for the guys in SPro. I only wish the track would have put more effort into all the classes and maybe had a good payout for each class, as well as year end payouts that make the effort worthwhile. I will run QCR when it is convenient to me, just the same attitude the track has taken about the classes that I participate in. They should expect nothing more from us. Right now, there are better options out there for me. I really like the facility, staff, and racers, just want to run for something other than $350 in summit bucks, not even enough to buy tires.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
hey ray whats up with that job?? still got it for me???

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of mr. yuk
posted Hide Post
great comments jim,however i am really tired of talking about all of this. it is time for us racers to start focusing on just that,"racing". so i would like to say good luck to everyone no matter where you run. these have all been awesome opinions good or bad from everybody. it shows me there is fire in all of us. and thats good for drag racing. so again "GOOD-LUCK" and get it done!!!!!!!!!!