DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Is that a PA plate on the boat trailer?

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Skipper ate Gilligan!! Could not have been that guys boat!
Funny as hell....

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
He was trying to hide the facts that he was towing with a ford! Busted
I guess he found out that his truck doen't float. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
Any locals want to clarify what all of this means to the track?

====================
TRUSTEES TO SEE ANNEX REVERSAL

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

By Kevin Howell - SALEM NEWS

GREEN TOWNSHIP- Township trustees will attempt to appeal the recently approved Salem annexation of township land south of the Quaker City Raceway.

At the trustees' regular meeting Tuesday night, Trustee Mark Stepuk announced that following a meeting Monday with legal counsel, the trustees have decided to file an appeal against the Columbiana County Commissioners' approval of the nearly 100-acre annexation along U.S. Route 62 that will include 49 acres within the township.

Stepuk also noted that the only township resident involved in the annexation, and who had withdrawn his approval prior to the commissioners' decision, said he also intends to appeal the action.

Both appeals will be filed in the Columbiana County Court of Common Pleas.

The commissioners approved the annexation last month despite public outcry against it, citing no legal grounds to do otherwise.

The annexation will also include 52.8 acres in Perry Township that, with the acreage in Green Township, will make contiguous the city and the raceway, which the city is attempting to purchase.
====================

http://salemnews.net/page/cont...etail/id/523796.html

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
x2..what the heck is this!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
(hey elnormeo )big 4 day race at PRP.bet ya can't out run me and the hopper.come on out and give the orange punkin a try.you know you like that car.open up that wallet. My grandson needs a jr. dragster

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Bill,

There were some articles last year stating that the city has given Dan a $10K check towards purchasing the track. The article stated that they (the city) was interested in the property for an industrial park. I am not sure if they mean closing the track to build this park or if they mean running the track and using the land where the office and vehicle storage is for an industrial park. I think there are a lot of wooded land that could be cleared as well. Not sure, I asked about it one day and never got a straight answer from the staff at QCR. Not sure if anyone knew the details. Search the web, you will find the article.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
They were supposed to keep the track running but I hardly doubt that was their true thinking.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Imagine a world with guarenteed payouts.....

Modified Entry Fee $40, Winner $800, R/U $350, Semis $100, $15 Rd Money after 2nd Round Win

Top Entry Fee $40, Winner $800, R/U $350, Semis $100, $15 Rd Money after 2nd Round Win

Street Entry Fee $30, Winner $350, R/U $150, $15 Rd Money after 2nd Round Win

NOW WAKE UP...YOU ARE RACING AT QCRLOL...just joking boys.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Hey those payouts look familiar.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpKX48:
Imagine a world with guarenteed payouts.....

Modified Entry Fee $40, Winner $800, R/U $350, Semis $100, $15 Rd Money after 2nd Round Win

Top Entry Fee $40, Winner $800, R/U $350, Semis $100, $15 Rd Money after 2nd Round Win

Street Entry Fee $30, Winner $350, R/U $150, $15 Rd Money after 2nd Round Win

NOW WAKE UP...YOU ARE RACING AT QCRLOL...just joking boys.

Those payouts would be incredible. I would run street all the time. Instead I'm moving up to footbrake hoping to get into some money rounds this year.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jim, Wayne, Andy and the other no box guys,

I got to ask a question. A few years ago there was a split between the Pro class that created a Footbrake class in addition to Pro. Now, if you would combine those 2 classes again, what kind of payout would you be looking at based on the car count structure? I always had an opinion why the split, never really the truth between the split, never care really, but never understood why the 2 classed complain about payout after they cut the car count themselves.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

Not completely positive what caused the split. Heard rumors, but do not feel like those should be posted here, especially since I am not completely sure of the truth.

I do know there was a move to footbrake by most of the guys in Pro initially. I think most guys were able to run in the new class. Remember, we used to have SP, PRo, Street, and street legal. Then when Footbrake came along, many racers moved from Pro to Footbrake and Footbrake replaced Street class. So now, there are SP, Pro, Footbrake and Street Legal. So there are still the same number of classes, but more racers moved away from Pro. Also, this was done when there was a guarenteed payout. I really think the extra racers moving from pro to Footbrake (street) should have increased the payout in that class even if it negatively affected the pro class. All in all, the same number of racers at the track, the Street class guys and most of the Pro class made up Footbrake, so the number of entries should have stayed the same. I believe that when the entry fee went up, payouts went to car count, and several other issues occurred (rising fuel costs, bad economy, etc), that the number of cars deminished resulting in even lower payouts. But guarenteed payout races at the track have always drawn a lot of cars.

I am complaining that I would like to see a guarenteed payout, for myself (so I know what I am racing for) and to increase the number of cars attending events at the track. Look at the turnout on Friday nights.....you know what you are racing for. From my perspective, I do not want to commit to points at a track where I might be running for $200 for the win and nothing for making it into the top four.

Think about SP, you guys once ran for $1200, then $800. What do you run for now? Your entry fee went up, but you hurt parts, pay more for tow fuel and racing fuel for a payout that you will not know the amount until you get to the track and begin counting cars.

My interest in this topic is to drive up the number of cars that attend racing at QCR on a regular basis, and that will not be done by posting some payout schedule because no one knows whether towing to the track will be worth it over going somewhere that has a posted payout.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey those payouts look familiar.

Mark, you are correct. You guys charge the same to get in, so I thought they made a great example of what would be a very nice payout for the track....hope no one minds.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
shawn,

Another point I forgot. For a couple of seasons, Pro had been eliminated and was recently brought back. So, in reality pro was recently formed by some guys that had been running SP and was able to talk QCR into a Pro class again. From that perspective, the guys making up Pro are from both SP and Footbrake.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
I am sure no one minds, I agree I believe it is a very solid payout structure. Is it the highest in the country...no but exactly like you said, we know what we are racing for EVERY week. I feel for you guys at QCR, hope something gets worked out that can best benefit the racers and the track.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jim

I guess my point is if you go back to the original structure of SP, Pro, Street, SL and Bike you would be forcing the cars out of Footbreak Class that belong in Pro. How many of those footbrake cars run 10.00-12.00 which by all standards is a Pro/Mod car. Street used to be 12.00 or 13.00 and slower. Bring that class back. You may even see more cars come out of the SL class and run back in with street. SL has always been money to the track. You run for a trophy or a small pay of something like $50 and there is a round of buy backs.

I think someone tried to reinvent the wheel with classes out there and needs to go back to what worked for the track. I can remember the gauranteed pay at $1000 out there. Now do I see him being able to do that again, not soon. I think if you go back to the original structure the Pro class cars will get the best pay week in and week out.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Shawn,

I really do not care how the classes are set up. Personnally, I usually run Pro when I go to other tracks so that does not matter. The point is, if you are traveling 1 hour to go to the track, like many do, then you want to know what you are racing for. You do not want to show up, pay the entry fee, and race for $200 if you drove by a track that guarentees $400 to win. This causes racers to think twice before coming back.

I have a little track near me called Steel Valley Raceway. The racers are great, management treats you well, the track is fine to race on, but you never know if there will be more than 15 to 20 cars to race against. I do not race there very often because they are based on car count as well and you never know the payout.

Unless you are posting last week's car count every week for racers to determine what the payout was and whether or not it is worth making the trip to the track, then everyone has to guess what they might be racing for. My point is we all know that the likelihood of winning the money on any given week is relatively small, but guarenteed payouts entice racers to show up, even on days where the weather is not so good. This is what I would like to see at Quaker.....good car counts on a consistent basis and knowing that I am not paying $40 to win $100....after spending $60 in fuel and food.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Jim, me and you have never seen eye to eye on much but please take this as an honest question. If QCR were to combine the footbrake and Pro classes what would the car count be? Could it be in the 60 range? If it would be that high you could be running for $875. 50 cars would be $675 and my point would be greatly diminished!

My thoughts are this. Go to Norwalk,$30 to race against 125+ cars w/no BB for $1100. ET limit is 8.00 to 13.99 t-brakes and shifters allowed. Lots of travel money. Big prizes at yr end. 12 pt races.

Combine classes at QCR pay $40 w/ buy backs ($20) to race for $875. Not much travel money, not much for yr end prizes. 12 of 15 pt races.

I realize there is alot of pros and cons to each racetrack, and you are more than welcome to race anywhere you please.

I have not paid enough attention to those classes to give an accurate estimate on car counts.

The class rules do not seem to be an issue they wopuld be basically the same track to track.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Your right, Jim. It is ideal to know what the purse will be. Unfortunately it does not look like it will happen but never say never. I think if I was going to be a guy that was going to race at the track this year all year I would be looking for an alternative that would increase the purse and the class that seems to be the one to benefit the most with an alternative like mentioned is the Pro class.

I think if you asked anyone in each class they could give you an idea of what the average car count was going to be. The regulars stay and you can pretty much determine the weekends that the stragglers are going to come thru the gate looking at other schedules. Its just a sad situation over there right now and I guess the guys that got dealt the lemons need to find ways to make lemonade.