DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

<CC3x04>
posted
Unbelievable, blue skys and sunshine....

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
cant even get to my truck its raining so hard here in pa..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i understand the reasoning behind closing, the way the weather was looking and the rail we had yesterday, but it just makes it really hard again to sit here at home and it hasnt rained a drop yet here.
we live about 50 mins east of the track on rt 22 and still dry here.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I don't think they're all at QCR. Good luck to our guys who did go out there.

It's been raining here, 15 minutes from the track, and in New Alex (Kevin Romeo lives there, talked to him for confirmation) for a solid half hour (since 4pm). There is again no doubt in my mind that the track made the right call. At best, we would have gotten time trials in, and then waited in long lines for rainchecks. Hopefully the weather dries up for next weekend.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Hasn't rained here either. South of track. Did not go to QC today, Ma is tired. I did hear rain for next weekend too! Just enjoying a day to myself.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Fri
May 23
Partly Cloudy
70°
Sat
May 24
Mostly Sunny
10%
SmileLooking good so far for Next weekend

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason!

Always "Thinking of Nikki"...

Posts: 100 | Location: Scottdale, Pa | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Days like these I spend my money on parts and tools and work on both cars.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
we spent the day spending time together, made a tire treatment applicator, played NHRA dragracing on the ps2, and at midnight, ryan and i are off to rock'n bowl.
tpmorrow he will be on the practice tree seeing if he remembers how to do it Wink

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
spend my day working on race cars...everyone's except my own! goota bet ready for the WFC II in bristol this week! Hey AJ when are you and russ leaving?

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
here is a stupid question,
what time does the gates open friday for the bad boyz/bad girlz thing

the website says 8 pm but the flyer says 8 am

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Here's some results from today. Big Congrats to Joey B who went down to 3 cars in pro. Bill Prest went to semis in s/pro. The Poormans,Patrick Martin, Scot Prue and a handfull of others all made nice showings. Aj was there with the debut of betsy. Wow that car looks great Aj. Great job by Mike's Auto Body. Roy Safreed runnered up in bike. We did get lots of rain as did prp. Quaker dried the track each time and got the full program in and even had "BUY BACKS" Chuck I do see your point,But alot of racers would love to get a run or two in even if it rains out. So what if it rains out you have to at least try. Please don't take it wrong Chuck I know the weather sucks and maybe you guys got more rain but it was cancelled at 8 am. Based on what may happen. Hopefully weather gets better and it's not an issue anymore. Congrats again to all the prp racers who did well today.

APD Racing Engines And Fuel Systems
www.AmericanRaceCars.net
Vickers Bros Transmissions
Schusters Custom Painting
newer

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
WELL SAID RAY JOB WELL DONE

Posts: 11 | Location: PGH | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
instead of moving all that dirt and moving the starting line back!!!i say build the 1st ever indoor dragstrip!!!then we could race year round Big Grin.if you build it they will come..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
instead of moving all that dirt and moving the starting line back!!!i say build the 1st ever indoor dragstrip!!!then we could race year round Big Grin.if you build it they will come..

Don't forget, the ditzy Congressman whose area includes Youngstown managed to get a few million taxpayer dollars wasted so a feasibility study could be done concerning an indoor roundy-round track in the Mahoning Valley.

Wasn't someone working on a similar project to be located near the Pittsburgh International Airport?

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
:
quote:
:

Wasn't someone working on a similar project to be located near the Pittsburgh International Airport?

There was a guy up here looking in to it, But he end up dieing, and his next of kin said, no f r i c k i n g way.That they were going spend there money on that and promptly blew it on themselves, i heard

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
there is a building right here in hollidaysburg
its the old conrail car shops.

its like 1 1/2 miles long, 1/8th mile wide, ton of parking, has all the ventilation needed due to the fact they ran trains in it.
its just sitting there.
just need to run mufflers, you could run all year long.

does anyone know if next friday is a T&T also as the flyer states?

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
there is a building right here in hollidaysburg
its the old conrail car shops.

its like 1 1/2 miles long, 1/8th mile wide, ton of parking, has all the ventilation needed due to the fact they ran trains in it.
its just sitting there.
just need to run mufflers, you could run all year long.

I just want a percentage of the 'hearing protection' concession. Big Grin

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Weaver:
spend my day working on race cars...everyone's except my own! goota bet ready for the WFC II in bristol this week! Hey AJ when are you and russ leaving?

Jason Russ and I are leaving on Thursday. I am probably pulling out about 5PM and meeting up with russ on Rt 79 somewhere around Morgantown.

Ray thank you. The car does look great. Didnt run great though having some issues. Hopefully we get wednesday in so that i can try a few more things or I may be renting a car for the WFC II

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
we are leaving about lunch time on thursday....traveled overnight last year and got there at 4 am....not fun. email me your cell number,,,,i will be there first i will save 2 parking spots! jwkustomz@comcast.net

Photobucket
Jason Weaver

Posts: 208 | Location: Saxton, PA | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Ray, PRP made the right call. Personally, I'd rather have my day free to do what I want, rather than wait out the wh0le day, only to have the rain frustrate me. There's no need to throw good money after bad. It's not like PRP doesn't want to open. How else can they make money?

Wayne, you're correct, as is sbc. Brant Motorsports was the corporation, never really got off the ground.

AJ, I hope we get Wednesday in too. I want to see Betsy. If she acts up, take the Polara! Shelly can make do in something else for a day! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post