DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

<Mark Romeo>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Second chance race.... Frown Mad Frown

Rain... Mad Frown Mad

AJ

X2

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
it sounds like a good day for a practice tree race

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Edited since the spineless, sackless, anonymous oldtimer7434 decided to delete his posts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
$3.85 a gallon.might have something to do with car counts also.not just race track choices with their programs.prp has the best payout for the area but it also cost me twice the fuel to get there and back along with other racers from my area that have raced there over the years..car counts are down everywhere.i dont think there is any particular reason people arent showing up or as you call it (why pittsburgh is going down hill)its the freaking GAS..bottom line.and the stupid rain..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Stupid rain!!!!lol

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Well sir, that 44 is the place positions (first through fortyfourth) with all the ties for different positions. If you count the entries, you'll come up with 52. Sure, some folks might not be ready right now, but they're entered for when they are ready. Heck, if it wasn't for the generosity and sportsmanship of my friends Greg and Scott, I wouldn't have any points either. Getting the track dry would have been one thing, and probably doable. Keeping it dry, with the pits being soggy, would have been extremely hard. There's nothing more that I want to do than race, and I may disagree with the track's decision to pull the plug sometimes, but I have no doubt calling off last Saturday was the right call.

I think we all just need some dry weather so we can get a fix. Kinda like when you're grumpy, and someone tells you need, well, another way to release some stress. Big Grin Wink

Jeff, I was actually thinking about that today. I need to be in the garage though. We might have to work something out for one of these overnights at the track coming up.

Speaking of, don't forget, Sunday, June 15 is now a regular race day with points, as a make up for last week's rainout.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Stick to making sauce? I think someone just made the list. Big Grin

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
$3.85 a gallon.might have something to do with car counts also.not just race track choices with their programs.prp has the best payout for the area but it also cost me twice the fuel to get there and back along with other racers from my area that have raced there over the years..car counts are down everywhere.i dont think there is any particular reason people arent showing up or as you call it (why pittsburgh is going down hill)its the freaking GAS..bottom line.and the stupid rain..

I dont believe it, but i am agreeing with prest on this one. I think the gas has alot to do with it period.

1974 Pontiac Ventura
557 BBC Mild 12.5 comp E85 3800 LBS with driver best to date 9.89 at 138 mph with a crappy 1.49 60 ft

Posts: 321 | Location: pittsburgh pa 15216 | Registered: November 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Speaking of, don't forget, Sunday, June 15 is now a regular race day with points, as a make up for last week's rainout.

OUCH!

That bumps right up against Dragway 42's $2,000-$10,000-$5,000 Guaranteed To Win, 3-Day Father's Day Weekend.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
C'mon guys, it's great weather outside....if you're a duck!

We all want to race. I don't think the Tedesco's put all that money in the track just to look at it. Pray for a sunny Saturday and lets go have some fun.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
man i raced all night at qcr tonight..well i didnt i watched the boy go to the semi's in our diesel int he street class..getting ready for the diesel race on sunday!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<CC3x04>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
man i raced all night at qcr tonight..well i didnt i watched the boy go to the semi's in our diesel int he street class..getting ready for the diesel race on sunday!!

Bill, you might want to hang an outboard on the tailgate...can't believe it is raining again after the sunny skies @ QCR yesterday.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
this s ucks....

Photobucket

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
::: Thumbs Up :::
To PRP for sending emails this morning announcing the rainout.

::: Thumbs Down :::
To Mother Nature for causing the rainout.

If things dry out later in the day, don't forget Dragway 42 has a guaranteed purse combo (plus additional bonus $$$ if over 128 total entries) tonight, then a full purse points program event tomorrow.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
qcr is racing today and will dry track if needed..and they dont even have a jet dryer!! Eekand they raced last night with no rain or delays!!

Photobucket

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
just wondering where or what other prp racers do on days like this????oh thats right THEY ARE ALL @ QCR. Big Grin Eekmaybe someone can post a picture to prove what i have heard...

Photobucket

<CC3x04>
posted
Still raining @ QCR, looks like another 30 minutes then the drying starts...

Jr's got all in but their finals.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
so cool...i'm on my way..@2.19pm..

Photobucket

<CC3x04>
posted
c'mon, we will wait for you...smoked sausage ready by 5:00!

<CC3x04>
posted
Well the leaf blower (oops I mean the track dryer) is out, might take a while...