DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
wilkins car looks good but its to slow, Brank will just dial up and play with him all the way down the track. its no secret that both those guys sandbag,

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey10x2:
i know ryan raced a car at beaver in 2006 when he was running 12.90s, the other car was a 9 sec car. ryan left, then the other car left. the other car broke a crank at the 300' mark and pulled over. ryan ran it out and broke out by .003 secs. the other car needed to be towed off and still won.

Once Ryan broke out and the other driver couldn't break out, that driver was properly declared the winner.

As a sidelight, I don't believe the 'touching' rule applies once the car leaves the starting line.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i kinda figured that,
but the race that they were talking about in farmington a couple of weeks ago, both cars broke before the finish
what would be done in this case?

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jeff, I don't know what they do now, but in the past as long as both cars left the lights clean, the first to break the finish line beams w/o going under was considered the winner.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
from what the guy said, both cars were DQ ed because they didnt cross the finish in the 35 sec alotted time. but said it one would have got out and pushed the car across, then they would have won.
i figured that if the kid got out on the track , he would be DQ ed also.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Everyone getting ready for opening day?

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Getting there, engine is in and fired, still need to hook up shifter linkage, bleed brakes. Then all it should need is cleaned up. How are you coming? Either car ready yet?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Not for this weekend, but with a little luck and a vacation day, hopefully next weekend. How close are you, AJ?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mark got the light on me! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
We are ready! C'mon guys let's get cracking!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
not yet..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fired the dragster on saturday. Need teh rest of the body panels and check brakes and read end. Then all should be ready. I am planing on being at the track sunday for sure maybe both if I can get it ready.

Betsy should be done with paint this week then the marathon work begins on her.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
you may be dck but you are truely a gifted person..thats some funny shiot!!a coward but a gifted coward.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
can you out do that??its awsome that you can do this with such quickness.to bad you can drive as well as you can think and write.

Photobucket

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I'm really starting to like this Riddler guy. You have to admit that those poems are pretty funny.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
If his rap is strong, he can't go wrong. Smile

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
That's some talent there. I'm going to have to try and come up with some poems of my own. Does anybody have a word that ryhmes with scotum?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
i was being very nice mr riddler..you are truely a gifted person.are we friends?

Photobucket

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Opening weekend has been pushed back one week due to the wet conditions. It's probably a swamp right about now. IHRA certs are still scheduled for this coming weekend according to the website.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Boy the thread is quite entertaining. I have to admitt the riddles are good. I could never do that if you gave me all day.

By time the track opens I will probably be ready.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post