DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
502, the section of the turnpike east of the Alleheny Valley interchange where the bridge replacement is going on, is on the narrow side. And be careful at night going through there because I don't think the lighting is very good.
Depending on where around Youngstown you're located, you might want to run Rt. 422 and then come south on Rt. 60 and then get on the turnpike. That will keep you from paying the big toll at the PA line. I know we pay $15.50 for a triple axle trailer.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Prest, thank you once again for your feedback. I understand they slide inside of one another. I was trying to get some info on why some guys prefer it over other designs. I'm assuming it would help with bumps and the launch, because the car can bow up??? Funny, Turnpike construction got more hits than dragster construction.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DADDYWAGS
posted Hide Post
Hey chuck I'm just saying things are posted here before the track like who won and if any thing happened at the track stuff like that. I'm in no way saying any thing bad a bought the track. the only thing that I have a problem with is my computer,(now keep in mind I suck on a computer)I can't get any points info because my computer can't download the file or something. It's old and ornery. so any help with point updates would be a big help. thanks.

Posts: 44 | Location: gibsonia PA | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Any one know the status of the dirt bike rider that was injured?

Posts: 55 | Location: Mount Pleasant PA | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
DW - no problems - I do some of the updates, like results so all constructive criticism is welcome. Once points are updated, I'll paste them in here. Tonight's results will be on the PRP site tomorrow, but in the big cars, Scotty Campbell over Josh Rietscha in Top, Mark Romeo over Tom Terek (I think? '64 Falcom Morrellsville Missile), Joey Devola over Josh Rietscha in Street, Mark Scalzitti over Nick Bowman in Trophy, Matt Powell over Ron Lutz in Bike.

Bob, from what I heard, he's ok - no head or neck issues, but a broken leg. I'll see if I can get an update.

Big time kudos to Josh Rietscha on his sportsmanship. Joey Pinskey badly sprained his ankle today and had to go to the hospital. He was making his way back as Street started running. Joey was almost back at the track when he was slated to run Josh. Josh waited for Joey to get there, and ended up losing the round to Joey. And Josh goes on to make it to the final in 2 classes. Good karma!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
And... y'all might want to lace up your skates.. hell may have frozen over... Lou Greco lost twice today in 1 race!!! Big Grin

Just kidding you, Louie. Good luck next weekend.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
What can I say..... Jeff (Green and White camaro) .004 to my .015. I'm .009 on Chris and hes .015..I'm under by 7 thou! 2 good races and those guys deserved the rounds. Well done gentlemen.....The Big Bad Wolfe went limping down the turnpike last night Rolling
New set of tires for Norwalk...anyone else going??????
See you all in a couple of weeks.
Lou

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pro 301g,

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
thanks lou,
it was definitely a good race. but i just got lucky bow

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
I'll be there. Where else can you go for 3 shots at 10grand for 100 bucks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Thats what I'm banking on.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hats off to Mark Romeo for runner up Sat and Win on Sunday. This guy is really tearing it up!

Good job man
LJ

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who stopped to assist me along side RT22 Sunday. Dave, Glenn, Novaks, Rachel. Appreciate it. I was only there about 20 minutes but it seemed like eternity.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Hats off to Mark Romeo for runner up Sat and Win on Sunday. This guy is really tearing it up!

Good job man
LJ

Thanks a lot Lou, I appreciate the kind words. Good luck at the 10k's.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
congrats to all the winners and r/u's this past weekend.

i think sundays jr results were sydney barr over breanna bailey in the 10-12 class and mia tedesco over thomas vasbinder in the 13-17 class.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners, and runner ups over the 4 day weekend races. I did enjoy getting back to race with u guys, and managed to get thru Sunday's heat. Hopefully this miserable heat will go away soon. I had to replace the posi in my rearend, and the replacement seemed to work ok. I just gotta get some more seat time, and figure out the tree YET.
I am glad Joey Pinsky was able to make it back to the track-- and JOSH, you are a TRUE SPORTSMAN, and it goes to show the friendship, respect, and comraderie that our racers have towards each other. Kudos to u Josh.
Chuck-- ur doing a great job on the mike, and thanks for the kind words. Hopefully, I'll see you all next weekend.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dean, it was great seeing you back at the track! Hopefully all your goblins are exorcised and you'll be going rounds. Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Anybody here go to the thursday night test and tune? Is the track prep decent, at least to the 1/8th and do they get a large turnout? Considering giving it a try on 9/9 just to get the car down a track.

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 8 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
isnt it always??? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Wave Sorry

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Chris, track is prepped on Thursdays just like it is for a race day. The only difference is the prep doesn't hold as long, and needs touched up more, because of the number of street tired cars. But I've heard many compliments from guys with stick cars in the street lanes who are hooking better than ever compared to last year. I haven't had a problem the times I've run. Turnout is usually dependent on the weather. Last Thursday, with it being sunny and mid 70s in the day, led to a huge turnout, but I still think everyone got 4-5 runs.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Amber passes her test and now has a license. Pedestrians beware!!!

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
points updates would be nice,before thursday..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post