DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle Reasbeck:
is chassis cert required at 9.99 or 9.50?

From the "General Regulations" section of the rulebook:

IHRA chassis certifications are required for all entries running 9.00 or quicker 1/4 mile, 6.00 or quicker 1/8 mile, or any entry that exceeds 150 mph

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
i registered also, got an email from the webmaster for the site asking to hit reply and send my name, city, state and zip. i did and got a mailer demon.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thats what i wanted to hear.. Big Grin

Posts: 114 | Location: Johnstown | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ray Ray Ray, I seen your brothers GTO on racing Junk along with you and his phone numbers for more info. lol. I will see mark & travis sat. as per the trip back out. So what do you think about the runoffs?

And yes your Bio page will be updated with that picture of you and ricky standing together beside your old blue camaro!!!!!!!!!!LMAO

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Frank, do you remember what Steak houses you were at when you were there? We pretty much stayed around the riverwalk, we went to Texas Land and Cattle or something and an awesome steak/barbeque place called County Line.

Chuck, how do I post pictures on here? I think you know how. I have some pictures of my new motor I just thought I would share.
Hey Mark-you did pretty good with the pics.Your dad came over this afternoon& picked it up.I also had picked up his block from A-1 Machine,and had it in the trunk of my car.We unloaded it and it's on engine stand. I also gave him everything for his motor(rotating assy) to take for balance.I gave him your CSI pumpto take home.I have your mon's motor under assy.,and have the shortblock just about finished.I'll have it ready for Friday.I'm also working on Vinny's,and have his block prepped for assy.I will have Donny's stock car block back tomorrow,and the 421 will go on boring machine Fri.I'm planning on having 3 back up engines-355 that Kevin used(with a big solid)-a 360(also with a solid)-and a 409 with the other Crower roller, and the Edelbrock alum RPM heads.By the way- did you get the 6AL back from MSD yet??I hope to be caught up by race day.I got 9 irons in fire-so far 6 are hot.CUL --Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Sounds good Dean. Yeah I got the 6al back from MSD, I'm going to wire it up this weekend. That guy with the CSI pump told me he would like me to go to a radiator shop and see if they would pressure test it just to be sure it is a serious issue, which I thought was a good idea. That will tell us if we even need to worry about it. I don't know if they radiator shops can pressure test that thing though. Maybe I will have dad try to see what he can find out. Sounds like all the motors are coming along fine. Can't wait for racing to get here.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for racing to start either. This warm weather is driving me crazy.

Happy belated birthday Pam! Smile

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Greg, program looks great nice job. But i got to tell you if you advertise it again on qcr,s post theres a few of them guys that will come up there and hang you by your Eek from the score boards. Oh yea i just talked to scott geaver he bought the gto from crybaby. he always said it was a dream car of his. he said he liked the fact that it ran 8's with nos. Confused is the picture of me and rick clothed or unclothed? dont want to make frank jealouse you know.

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Geez Ray, is that how you're "amusing" yourself? Eeewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ray its the cuddling picture.LMAO Red Face so scott bought the GTO. Wheres he going to race and did he take the crybaby off. And thanks for the comment.

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<scottg263>
posted
I see Ray Ray is back Eek Would you mind explaining why I would've bought his car? It would be nice to know if i'm asked. Big Grin
SG : I'm almost scared to know where this is all goin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Sounds good Dean. Yeah I got the 6al back from MSD, I'm going to wire it up this weekend. That guy with the CSI pump told me he would like me to go to a radiator shop and see if they would pressure test it just to be sure it is a serious issue, which I thought was a good idea. That will tell us if we even need to worry about it. I don't know if they radiator shops can pressure test that thing though. Maybe I will have dad try to see what he can find out. Sounds like all the motors are coming along fine. Can't wait for racing to get here.
OK on the 6AL-I hope they didn't soak you too much. On the CSI pump- I think it's a shame that you should have to go to all that trouble to see if it's good or not.The seller should assume the responsibility for that, and you should get a refund,or a partial reimbursement.I have your moms engine almost ready.I have to put valve train on- and intake,and i want to freshen up her carb,and check distributor.Kev said he would stop by on Fri.Will you be home this weekend??Hope to see you then-CUL, Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah I'll be home this weekend to work on getting my car going. I think the CSI guy is accepting some responsibility, and he already offered to refund me, but I would hate to send it back to him and find out that it wouldn't have leaked in the first place, thats the only reason I don't mind getting it checked out. MSD only charged me like 40 bucks to fix the 6al, a lot better than 230 for a new one.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark,

If the CSI doesn'r work out, take a look at Meziere. They have a real nice pump, and you can get one polished that would look awesome on your motor. I carry a spare water pump motor with me and it will work on all the different style pumps.

Motor looks good!

RHPIII

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

<Mark Romeo>
posted
Well here is the problem with the CSI. I bought it used from a guy on Racingjunk.com, but it is new never used. He got it for a small block then changed to a big block and never used it. The problem is that there is a porosity **** in the back and also a crack, looks like it was there from the factory, its hard to notice unless you are looking for it. I called the guy back and he is willing to work a refund/partial reimbursement etc. I am going to get it pressure checked and see if it will even leak. If not I will use it as is. If it leaks we will have to go from there.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Buying off the internet can get you a helluva deal sometimes, but once in a while crap happens. At least he is willing to work something out...

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
Yeah, Knock on wood I have yet to be ripped off buying on the internet. Being a jobless college kid I don't have much of a choice most of the time. I wish I could buy new and have nothing to worry about, but its not always that simple. I honestly don't think this guy knew that there was anything wrong with the pump, thats probably why he is willing to work with me on it.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The motor looks good Mark. I run a Meziere pump and I love it I don't think I would run anything else.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
just asking everyone not to forget and please help the denikers in thier blood drive and bone marrow search. tomm. 3/24 all details are on our website.Thanks to everyone who can help.

I talked to Bob tonight and Nikki is still doing well with treatments. We are also working on a benifit for them at the track on 5/20 (still working on details) car cruise, concert and lots more with all proceeds going to the Denikers. Also Bob & Karen has set up a fund (Nikki Deniker Fund) with Lou Depretis (CPA). I will post more details on our website to update everyone and give all info if anyone is interested.

Finally I know everyone is sick of the rain but I say bring it on!! Get it all out now and lets have an awesome 2007 season. Personally cant wait.

Sorry to here about the passing of Eric Medlen, very very sad that acc. like this happen. Mike, Frank, Carmen, Bill, Bob & myself got to see him when we was out maplegrove last year. Very Sad to here the bad news.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg M,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I wanted to say thank you to everyone who went and supported the blood drive and bone marrow search for the Denikers. it was a huge success in people turning out to give blood, as a matter of fact they sent people to greensburgh to give blood and both places were overwhelmed and the wait was over 2.5 hrs so the scheduled people for next week. I am very happy for the support of our racing family when another racing member is in need. thanks alot and see everyone this sunday.