DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Definition of an A$$....see previous poster^^^^^

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i found this in a fortune cookie last night
....Winners do what losers don't want to do.....

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Being that you are an expert on respect, could you please let me know where plagiarism fits in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect

quote:
Originally posted by DILLIGAF:
Interesting, let me define RESPECT for those that are not clear on the meaning:

Respect
Be tolerant and accepting of differences • Use good manners, not bad language • Be considerate of the feelings of others • Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone • Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements.

Respect is a positive feeling of esteem or deference for a person or other entity, and also specific actions and conduct representative of that esteem. Respect can be a specific feeling of regard for the actual qualities of the one respected (e.g., "I have great respect for her accomplishments"). It can also be conduct in accord with a specific ethic of respect. Rude conduct is usually considered to indicate a lack of respect, disrespect, where as actions that honor somebody or something indicate respect. Respect is both given and received. We expect other people to respect us in return for the respect we show them. (I am confident that I respect everyone that crosses my path, I am also certain that it is NOT given in return and I can accept as I am strong at heart.) Respect is also something that is earned. Respect cannot be measured as a quantity, cannot be bought or traded, it is one of those things that is earned and built over time, but that can be lost with one stupid or inconsiderate act. One can ask or beg for respect, but only others can bestow us with respect as a result of their perceived treatment by us. Continued caring interactions are then required to maintain or increase that original earned respect. Respect cannot always be seen or observed by actions, but for those who practice chivalry, the outward display of respect is refreshing. Respect should not be confused with tolerance, since tolerance doesn't necessarily imply subordination to one's qualities but means treating as equal.

Thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:
This was posted by one of my Facebook friends that is a dirt track racer and I thought i would share it here.

Posts: 3 | Location: Uniontown | Registered: August 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Ohhhh boy. That's gonna leave a mark.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF
posted Hide Post
Well, sir.... please allow me to correct my last post, however,I do not recall being an expert or stating that I was an expert, I was simply collecting data and distributing facts. Thank you for taking the time to confirm resources. I was not aware that DRR required APA or MLA format. Please confirm so next time I can confirm a bibliography page.

DILLIGAF

Lets go racing all you sissy wet pants! LOL
Make sure you get tips on cheating first though.
WHOO HOOOOO
quote:
Originally posted by OldsCutlassSuperfan:
Being that you are an expert on respect, could you please let me know where plagiarism fits in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect

quote:
Originally posted by DILLIGAF:
Interesting, let me define RESPECT for those that are not clear on the meaning:

Respect
Be tolerant and accepting of differences • Use good manners, not bad language • Be considerate of the feelings of others • Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone • Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements.

Respect is a positive feeling of esteem or deference for a person or other entity, and also specific actions and conduct representative of that esteem. Respect can be a specific feeling of regard for the actual qualities of the one respected (e.g., "I have great respect for her accomplishments"). It can also be conduct in accord with a specific ethic of respect. Rude conduct is usually considered to indicate a lack of respect, disrespect, where as actions that honor somebody or something indicate respect. Respect is both given and received. We expect other people to respect us in return for the respect we show them. (I am confident that I respect everyone that crosses my path, I am also certain that it is NOT given in return and I can accept as I am strong at heart.) Respect is also something that is earned. Respect cannot be measured as a quantity, cannot be bought or traded, it is one of those things that is earned and built over time, but that can be lost with one stupid or inconsiderate act. One can ask or beg for respect, but only others can bestow us with respect as a result of their perceived treatment by us. Continued caring interactions are then required to maintain or increase that original earned respect. Respect cannot always be seen or observed by actions, but for those who practice chivalry, the outward display of respect is refreshing. Respect should not be confused with tolerance, since tolerance doesn't necessarily imply subordination to one's qualities but means treating as equal.

Thank you.

quote:
This was posted by one of my Facebook friends that is a dirt track racer and I thought i would share it here.

Posts: 7 | Location: BURGH | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
"Let ME define respect...." implies that the definition will be your own, and that you have some knowledge of the subject material being discussed.

It is amusing that you do not see the irony in preaching to others about respect, while being disrespectful yourself by copying and pasting someone else's work.

Also, in the future, when "collecting data and distributing facts," you may want to choose a source that is considered factual, i.e., not wikipedia.

Posts: 3 | Location: Uniontown | Registered: August 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF
posted Hide Post
We now have shifted to ENG 101 DRR room 644:

Again, I'll correct my format in the future. Thanks for all the feedback. Since we are correcting each other now, I'd also like to point out, all of my post was not Wikipedia totally, it was a combo of a few different sources. "Me" could mean several different ways of phrasing as well. In this assignment, I should have defined what I meant by me as well. Next time, I will use APA format.
ANYWAY>>>>>>>> you sir, are now being disrespectful, as I was trying to be proper in a light hearted way but for some reason everyone behind the computer screen gets brave.

I'm tired of boring the racers with ENGLISH 101, come find me in the pits and we can continue off line. Actually, correction, I go to the track to race, so I'll see you at the finish line.

Tootles!

quote:
"Let ME define respect...." implies that the definition will be your own, and that you have some knowledge of the subject material being discussed.

It is amusing that you do not see the irony in preaching to others about respect, while being disrespectful yourself by copying and pasting someone else's work.

Also, in the future, when "collecting data and distributing facts," you may want to choose a source that is considered factual, i.e., not wikipedia.

Posts: 7 | Location: BURGH | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Please accept my heartfelt apology for being disrespectful. I was unaware that "somebody else" is a valid definition of the word "me."

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
what do you think tony?
quote:
Please accept my heartfelt apology for being disrespectful. I was unaware that "somebody else" is a valid definition of the word "me."

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I'm staying out of this. I heard one of our racers wanted to fight another racer earlier this year. Its starting to sound like lernerville dirt track racers. Respect is earned on and OFF the track.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
what do you think tony?
quote:

Oh no you don't. NO, NO, NO. You're not going to pull me into this mess.

Does It Look Like I Give A Flying F***

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I have only one word for all of yous.

C-H-E-A-T-E-R-S

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of adn406
posted Hide Post
Tony,

What brand of cheater slicks are you switching to? M&H or BF Goodrich? I've heard good things about those.

Posts: 16 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm staying out of this. I heard one of our racers wanted to fight another racer earlier this year. Its starting to sound like lernerville dirt track racers. Respect is earned on and OFF the track.

Does his name Ryme with Jill Prest ? Wave

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:

Does It Look Like I Give A Flying F***

Hows come you dint just say DILLIGAFF?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
censored me

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
quote:

Does his name Ryme with Jill Prest ? Wave

No. We have ANOTHER fighter now I guess. The eyes tell the story.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
you people say qcmp had problem makers Roll Eyes

prest aint much a physical guy he more like your steelers that don't tackle just bump and run defense

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:
you people say qcmp had problem makers Roll Eyes

prest aint much a physical guy he more like your steelers that don't tackle just bump and run defense

Nice one. But we're still better than the Browns

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm not so sure about that this year, Tony.

Let's go Bucs!! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post