DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i noticed there was a another driver in a dragster trying to back into the stage bulbs this week and made it all the way to the final round ( cheater ) i have now lost all respect for you tony !!!
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
And Tony, you cost me in that final round.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners this year!!! Maybe I'll skip the IHRA stuff next year and run points...sounds like one big happy family Tongue

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Tony, you cost me in that final round.

Sorry Chuck. I'll get him next time

You know, its been ten years and two weeks since my last final. That sucks.

Bud, I love the new avatar, that's awesome. But you're missing on small part of it though. If anyone wants to know what part of the stick figure is missing, just take a trip the port-o-john directly across from my pit.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Oh, and congrats to all the points winners, especially Nick. After what he's endured the past week, I'd say he deserves it.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Nick Bowman and Markie Brewer are two of the best drivers I have had the privilege to watch for years at PRP. BOTH as are many other very capable racers of winning at ANY track. We will have a few sips of our favorite beverages around the campfire as always again soon. Good-luck at the bracket finals and for the rest of the season. Nice to see self taught local racers doing what they do best. WINNING. Once again guys congratulations and good-luck.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I was wondering when the last time you were in a final was. Was that the TS Iron Man from Norwalk?

Thoughts going out to Nick Tedesco. His dog went to her eternal rest this morning.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Yeah Chuck. But if someone would have said to me that week 10 years ago, "you'll win this race, but you won't make it to another final for ten years." I'd be more than happy to do it all over again.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the crew, Mark, Nick, Joe and Matt, you guys did a great job this year.

Also like to Congratulate two of the best racing families I've had the pleasure to knowing - Lauren, Missy, John, and John Domino, and Brandon, Steve, Stevie, and Lisa Butler on bringing home their championships. Two great families that I enjoy hanging out with and some very good young racers.

And congrats Al for getting it done in Trophy.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners you will represent us well in the brackets,as far as Nick Bowman i respect someone who goes after the top guys in points to win,he didnt hide try to take the easy road he went after #1 and #2 guy in points and won,so in my opinion he deserves the championship.it was his day congrats

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Schedule for Saturday changed a little, little bit of everything going on, plus $1k to win in both box and no box Double Thumbs up

Friday, September 13th - Night at the Races, brought to you by Jones Transmission Pumps, Ionadi Auto Sales, The Lumber Store & More, and Mike's Auto Body. Gates open @ 5pm, racing starts at 6:30pm. 2 classes 9.99 and quicker, 10.00 and slower. Spectators $10, $35 to race, $600 to win, $200 runner up, $75 semis. Also, Mumau Diesel pick up truck class, open to diesel pick up trucks only, $25 to race, $200 to win, $100 runner up.

Saturday, September 14th - Box/No Box, junior dragsters all run/1 class, test and tune, and Pro Mods! Spectator entry $10.
Gates open 10am, junior dragsters start at 11am. Junior dragster entry $25, $100 to win, $50 runner up, $25 semis. Reentry $10 (first round losers run against each other, winners advance to round 2).
Test and tune starts at noon (goes on the entire race day!), $25 entry. (Separate entry fee from box/no box. If a test and tune driver wants to join box/no-box, must pay additional entry.)
Pro Mods - 1/8th mile, heads up, pro tree, quickest 8 qualify. Qualifiers at 1pm and 3pm, eliminations at 5pm. For the non-qualifiers in Pro Mod (up to 8 cars/qualfiers 9-16), Mike's Auto Body is putting up $1000 to race off for!
Box/no-box - starts at 2pm, 2 time trials, then eliminations (Separate entry fee from test and tune. If a racer wants to test and tune prior to 2pm time trials, must pay additional entry fee.) Entry fee $40, $1000 to win, $350 runner up, $100 semis, $50 quarters (2 classes, 2 purses). Reentry $20 (first round losers run against each other, winners advance to round 2). No box: Footbrake and Transbrake will be two separate classes till 1 left, whichever class has 1 car left will come back the following round joining the other class. Bikes/sleds can enter footbrake, unless they have a delay box.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
PRO-MODS, WTF. I was told(and so were alot of the other guys that the last promod race was going to be the last pro-mod race.

If we want these guys to show up, we can't tell them five days before the day that they're racing.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Now, here's the problem for the track. Greg decides to have Pro Mods, Cool. But only three of them show up, because every one thought that the Pro Mods were finished.

Now guess what happens, the track has to pay out the full amount and Greg's upset, understandably so. I'm always glad to see the Pro Mods come to the track, but it quite doesn't make sense to me, business wise.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the class winners. Good luck To all you guys at Bracket Finals

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well I was going to come down for some runs on saturday to get data for next weekend but too much going on in one day for me so I will go elsewhere. I thought it was a regular race day.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It is a lot going on, but it should move well. And it's $1k to win. Every bracket purse has been paid in full this whole season.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im planning on coming Saturday but wont be there till aleast 4pm.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I was going to come down for some runs on saturday to get data for next weekend but too much going on in one day for me so I will go elsewhere. I thought it was a regular race day.

Runs for data? You should be able to get the same amout of runs on Sat, that you would get on a regular race day. Plus, they are starting way earlier, so the day shouldn't get to late.

See, I'm "the glass is half full kind of guy"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well then maybe I will come as long as the doorcars are allowed to back into the stage beams also! Eyes I got to be a trouble maker too. Big Grin

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Dude, I am so going to start doing that

Actually I used to do that about 15 years ago when I raced my Monte Carlo. My seat was so low in the car, I had a hell of a time seeing the beams. Backed into them and it made it alot easier.

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I think a couple of drivers need an old telephone book to sit on so they can see over the dash. LOL

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post