DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I'm not so sure about that this year, Tony.

Let's go Bucs!! Big Grin

My money is on the Browns being better than the Steelers..... Eyes

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Guys, the Steelers could lose every game this season, and we'd still be better than the Browns.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Guys, the Steelers could lose every game this season, and we'd still be better than the Browns.

That's true. Especially when I see they just traded Trent Richardson away.

And it's not like their QBs have been awe inspiring:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You know Chuck, there is a reason they put a #2 on the quarterbacks in Cleveland and a moving expense stipulation in their contracts.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good start to brackeet finals, just .0005 from a PRP hat trick:

Bracket finals - early bird gamblers races results

Junior dragsters:
W - Sarah Gruber, Quaker City, 7.92 dial,.0684 reaction time, 7.9211, 82.28mph
R/U - Lane Donnelly, Quaker City, 7.90 dial in, -.0162, 7.9240, 80.66mph
Teammates made it to the final, red eye for Lane, right on the dial for Sarah

Motorcycle:
W - Jordan Haase, Pittsburgh, 10.37 dial in, .0714 RT, 10.3530, 128.57mph
R/U - Joe Devola, Pittsburgh, 10.82 dialin, -.0385, 19.4415, 36.52
Another pair of teammates, plus the lone semifinalist was Matt powell of Pittsburgh

Box:
W - Tom Scott, Pittsburgh, dragster, 8.17 dial in, .0093 RT, 8.1952, 155.66mph
R/U - Dave Bratton, Beaver Springs, dragster, 7.52 dial in, .0467 RT, 7.5224, 176.33mph
Tom with the big holeshot advantage

No box:
W - Scott Riggs, Kanawha Valley, '70 Camaro, 9.63 dial in, .0348 RT, 9.6224, 137.83mph
R/U - Nick Bowman, Pittsburgh, "70 Duster, 11.85 dial in, .0420 RT, 11.8420, 109.94mph
Nick almost made it a PRP hat trick, margin of victory in the double breakout is .0004

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Good-luck to all the PRP team members this weekend. Bring it home again.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
I see blue sky and sun shine.... Eyes

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
For Sunday, Ed. Entire race will be run on Sunday.

Congrats to Scotty and Amber for bringing home the win in the track operators race!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say what a great track you guys provided this weekend. Got to talk to many of the PRP folks and your track was fantastic. Thank you Greg Miller and gang for one of the best starting lines I have ever had the opportunity to launch from. Best 60 foot times and even got my old heap into the 6.90s on a breakout run on Sunday. Hated losing in the second with the better reaction and taking the stripe by .009 but breaking out by 0.011 to his break out of 0.007....but thats racing and that was a fine example of my entire season this year. Good job taking the title again, hope to see you boys a few more times next year.

Hope to see a few of you at Norwalk in October, please stop by and say "hey".

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Jim, don't forget about out Halloween race. It's a very good time.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
STEVE BUTLER IS THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
what did Steve do?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:
I just wanted to say what a great track you guys provided this weekend. Got to talk to many of the PRP folks and your track was fantastic. Thank you Greg Miller and gang for one of the best starting lines I have ever had the opportunity to launch from. Best 60 foot times and even got my old heap into the 6.90s on a breakout run on Sunday. Hated losing in the second with the better reaction and taking the stripe by .009 but breaking out by 0.011 to his break out of 0.007....but thats racing and that was a fine example of my entire season this year. Good job taking the title again, hope to see you boys a few more times next year.

Glad you had a good time Jim. Nice meeting you. I will see you at the Classic. You should try to come to the Halloween race it is a good time.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
what did Steve do?

Steve won the TOP class Championship.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:

Glad you had a good time Jim. Nice meeting you. I will see you at the Classic. You should try to come to the Halloween race it is a good time.

I would love to and had planned to be there but it and Quaker's race is the same weekend. Unfotunately, I have to pick between the two and Quaker is only about 35 minutes from my house and I am buying tickets for my sponsors to their race...dont think I would have much of chance of them sponsoring me again if they were at Quaker and I was at PRP....Maybe next year.

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
quote:
what did Steve do?

Steve won the TOP class Championship.

Hey Mike - how did the rest of the team do? I would have thought Chuck would have posted by now... Wink

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Chuck is a little worn out. Big Grin

Stev Butler did an awesome job, putting the exclamation point on the team win when he won the final final of the weekend, getting the Iron Man in Top. PRP racers did fantastic in every class: Kara Jo made it to the semis in Top. Mike Balaska and Mike Egan both made it to the quarterfinals in Modified, Balaska losing by .0003, and Egan by .008. Rick Clay made it to the semis in Street, losing a tough round to his cousin and class winner Bruce Tharp. Bikes did great, all 4 advancing to round 2. Beaver Springs is always tough in Bike, and our guys knocked out 3 BSD bikes, which is an accomplishment in itself. Matt Powell and Joe Devola both made it to the semis. All 3 junior dragsters won round 1, with Brandon Butler and Thomas Vasbinder making it down to 5 cars.

I never heard the official count, but I had the PRP score as 65 points, never heard which track was second, but they were 20 points behind. Congrats to Team PRP, everyone on the team worked hard for their spot and absolutely deserved to be there. And it's the 1 for the thumb! 5th team title in 7 years!

Before eliminations started, IHRA presented Greg Miller with a plaque, naming PRP the IHRA Division 3 Summit SuperSeries track of the year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,