DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Jim, any chance you can bring some take out from El Paso to the Classic??? Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Chuck is a little worn out. Big Grin

Stev Butler did an awesome job, putting the exclamation point on the team win when he won the final final of the weekend, getting the Iron Man in Top. PRP racers did fantastic in every class: Kara Jo made it to the semis in Top. Mike Balaska and Mike Egan both made it to the quarterfinals in Modified, Balaska losing by .0003, and Egan by .008. Rick Clay made it to the semis in Street, losing a tough round to his cousin and class winner Bruce Tharp. Bikes did great, all 4 advancing to round 2. Beaver Springs is always tough in Bike, and our guys knocked out 3 BSD bikes, which is an accomplishment in itself. Matt Powell and Joe Devola both made it to the semis. All 3 junior dragsters won round 1, with Brandon Butler and Thomas Vasbinder making it down to 5 cars.

I never heard the official count, but I had the PRP score as 65 points, never heard which track was second, but they were 20 points behind. Congrats to Team PRP, everyone on the team worked hard for their spot and absolutely deserved to be there. And it's the 1 for the thumb! 5th team title in 7 years!

Before eliminations started, IHRA presented Greg Miller with a plaque, naming PRP the IHRA Division 3 Summit SuperSeries track of the year.

Thanks for the info Chuck - I wish we could have been there to cheer them on!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Grandma duties come first, understandable! Smile

Cool article on Kara Jo and Nick:

Racing siblings

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Prp. for the strong showing at the bracket finals. Good racers and good people.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:

Stev Butler did an awesome job, putting the exclamation point on the team win when he won the final final of the weekend, getting the Iron Man in Top. PRP racers did fantastic in every class: Kara Jo made it to the semis in Top. Mike Balaska and Mike Egan both made it to the quarterfinals in Modified, Balaska losing by .0003, and Egan by .008. Rick Clay made it to the semis in Street, losing a tough round to his cousin and class winner Bruce Tharp. Bikes did great, all 4 advancing to round 2. Beaver Springs is always tough in Bike, and our guys knocked out 3 BSD bikes, which is an accomplishment in itself. Matt Powell and Joe Devola both made it to the semis. All 3 junior dragsters won round 1, with Brandon Butler and Thomas Vasbinder making it down to 5 cars.

I never heard the official count, but I had the PRP score as 65 points, never heard which track was second, but they were 20 points behind. Congrats to Team PRP, everyone on the team worked hard for their spot and absolutely deserved to be there. And it's the 1 for the thumb! 5th team title in 7 years!

Before eliminations started, IHRA presented Greg Miller with a plaque, naming PRP the IHRA Division 3 Summit SuperSeries track of the year.

WOW, awesome job

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
Congrats team PRP!!!
any idea when the flyer is going to be released for the halloween race?? or does anyone already know the details on for that weekend??

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping the flyer will be up soon. It was passed out this weekend at the bracket finals. Here are the details:

Test and tune Thursday night, October 10, will be 1/4 mile. All pit spots are open starting Thursday. Pit vehicle race after the test and tune.

Friday, Oct 11, gates open 10am, time trials (2 sessions) start at noon, followed by a dial for dollars. After the race, 64 car shootout,

Saturday, Oct 12, time trials at 10am, 2 sessions. First round and reentry on Saturday. Trick or treat at 8pm, costume contest at 9pm, Trainwreck after.

Sunday, Oct 13, 1 tt for those still in, the round 2 on. Second chance race if time allows.

Fri - $1200 win, $400 r/u, $125 semis, $15 round money starting with 2nd rd win. $25 reentry.

Sat - $5000 to win, $1000 r/u, $400 semis, $20 round money, starting with 2nd rd win. Reentry $50

Thurs - $25 for tnt (1/4 mile)
Fri - $60 (1000')
Sat - $125 (1000')
Fri/Sat - $125

Shootout - $50, $1500 win, $500 r/u, $250 semis, $75 1/4s

Juniors - Sat & Sun. $300, $100, $25 semis. $50 entry for the weekend, or $35 per day.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Oh man, that's an awesome schedule for GGG.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'll be there, Tony. I expect to see you and your speedo.

Congrats to all of team PRP, especially Steve Butler! So happy I was able to be there, what a weekend!

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is that 1000' in () in reference to only running the races to the 1000ft?

That's kind of odd...

Is that a preview/hint for next year being only 1000ft all year?

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: June 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Josh, it was great to see you, glad to hear you'll be down again.... but did you have to bring that up?? Eek Ask Tony about the Halloween Classic last year. I don't think Bader knew what to make of him. Big Grin

John, I don't believe this is any preview. I think it's a way to appeal to racers who racers who prefer the 1/8th versus the quarter, and vice versa, along with being something different. I've raced 1000' at the WFC, and it's pretty cool. I like it a lot better than 1/8th... but not as much as 1/4. Big Grin

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dave Kiel
posted Hide Post
PRP 65 Quaker 46 Beaver 45 Thompson 44.5 Empire 39 Elegant 39 Skyview 26 Kanawha 24

Posts: 20 | Location: Portage Pa | Registered: September 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is this an all run field? will box and no-box be kept seperate until a certain rd. or till winner in each?
Maybe those are the payouts in each class ?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of DILLIGAF
posted Hide Post
posted September 24, 2013 11:21 AM
Just wanted to Congratulate all the PRP racers over this past weekend. We are feared competitors amoungst the competition.

Congrats to Steve Butler on getting the Ironman and Brandon for making it down to a few cars! I can only imagine how exciting it was to see that win light on in the final round for Steve.
Awesome job to the PRP biker crew for showing them how it is done here at PRP. Our modified class crew did great, congrats guys!!!! Congrats to "Team Cupcake"....(Scotty and Amber) for taking the W in the Operators race. Congrats to Greg for being recognized as track of the year! That's awesome!

A few others that may have been left out, congrats to my brother Nick on Early Bird Gamblers Final round appearance. Chris Ickes for going rounds that evening as well. Apologies if I left anyone out.

All and all, dispite issues with the fuel system all weekend until second round Sunday, I had a great race day/night. It's never good to lose by breaking, as I broke low gear in the trans, but hey, go big or go home, right? lol
I need to thank a handful of people for helping out with the Adventures of Bud and KJ: First, thank you Matt Palyas and the Palyas family for the regulator and all your help. Thank you Kenny Evans and Tiff, for all your work Sunday during the pit fiesta. Thank you Paul Burns, Tom Scott and Ken Rhine for your input and donated parts and supplies. Thank you Sheldon Gerlach of KV for assisting us and carb supplies! THANK YOU Bud Brank for donating your car to me this weekend and letting me break it, for being the best crew chief, trainer and support system a driver could ever need, because I could not do it without you!
To all the QC guys I ran 1st, 2nd and 3rd rd- (I couldnt get away from those guys, jeez) in the words of Bud Brank "This is MY house" and those wins were for you HANK, you should have been there running with the rest of the finalist in the division. Great racing this weekend. I learned a lot. Hopefully I can say the same next year. Thank you for all the congrats everyone. Much appreciated!

Congrats again to all!!!!

KJ

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
quote:

Thanks for the info Chuck - I wish we could have been there to cheer them on!

Posts: 7 | Location: BURGH | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Yep was a very cool weekend. Congrats to all the PRP racers.

I enjoyed the hell out of seeing Steve Butler getting the win in top. Great job Steve.

Thanks to Summit racing for the scavenger hunt prize on Saturday a Summit Racing trailer cabinet.
Thanks to John and Missy Domino, Jen and Kimmy Whelan, Frank and Tyler Pennington, Sarah Gruber, and everyone that helped win the Scavenger hunt and then all the people that donated or helped with the fund raising for Nicki's Foundation and Saint Jude's Hospital.

Congrats to Dave Kiel for winning the Trailer cabinet raffle on Sunday.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:
Is this an all run field? will box and no-box be kept seperate until a certain rd. or till winner in each?

The $5k's are separate payouts box and no box. The 64 car shoot out is all run gamblers format basically.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Figures I'm going up to Canada with Heather that weekend.. Frown

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:

The $5k's are separate payouts box and no box. The 64 car shoot out is all run gamblers format basically.

Purse is guaranteed, double entries allowed.

For the shootout, the first 64 PAID spots are in, box, no box, motorcycles. You're not in until you have PAID for your shootout entry.

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the nostalgia race this weekend. Good old fashioned racing.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That's going to be a really good time. Each year, the event seems to get better and better. I dig the nostalgia funny cars.... you can actually tell what kind of car they are. And then there are 70-80 people like Ed, dropping the hammer and letting the clutch out at 6-7k rpm in UMTR/Pro Stick.

Oh yeah, Trainwreck is playing Saturday night after the race.