DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Spectators don't really cost the track anything but they sure can make the track a lot of money if you get enough of them. Racer on the other hand cost the track money and even when you get a lot of them it cost the track more for being open longer to finish the race so I would of put my effort into attracting more spectators and increasing the price isn't going to do that.

Exactly...

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Additional spectators do cost the track more money, in terms of added personnel, additional facilities like bathrooms, and I wouldn't be surprised if insurance was also impacted.

However, there is always room to cut costs and use what you have more efficiently.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i also agree with the same 2 statements that Mark agrees with. no one wants the price of anything to go up, but if the few extra $$ keeps the track open i am all for it. lets face it, the people running the track are lucky to brake even let alone make a few $$ when its all said and done at the end of the season,the guy running the track is not making a killing, pretty sure he does it for the love of the sport. when you look at all the money racers spend what the hell is a few more bucks to keep the track open. JMO

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The point in having the gate fee and the entry fee separate lowered the cost of insurance significantly. Is it a pain for the racers? Yes is it that big of a deal if it helps a track to save money? No.

Yes the entry fee went up $5 but so do expenses. Once again, if it helps a track stay open is it really that big of a deal? No

My opinion on the spectator fee is it doesn't really matter. You can charge $5 or $13 dollars and you will get the same amount of spectators. The fee isn't why people come or don't come. $13 isn't crap for paying to do anything. So if you get the same amount of spectators with the price increase the track will benefit which I'm all for.

Here is a fact people tend to forget or don't want to face. Tracks are closing left and right and they will continue to. The racers don't help matters with all the negativity about petty stuff which they put all over social media. People may have other choices of places to race now but don't be surprised when you have no choice at all in the future. Then the racers can thank themselves because they are the reason most tracks close.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

without racers..does a track race??NO..how about the racers.when do we MATTER? seems like we keep giving and these tracks keep taking. not any certain track just saying.. it cost us more and more every year to do what we do. BUT THE PAYOUTS ONLY DECREASE OR STAY THE SAME..what about the racers who keep the place going?when will it be the racers turn?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Race tracks are a business. They don't exist to give to the racers. Racers are customers. The tracks don't owe us anything. Payouts are based on entries, entry fees and cost. Every so many years you have to increase entry fee or decrease payout to account for increased cost. It's basic economics. Yes the cost for racers to go to the track increases also. That's what makes bracket racing so great, you race within your financial means. The Big Mac used to be 70 cents. Do people say when is mcdonalds going to give to the people. What is mcdonalds without the people. What is any business without customers? Everything should be free because if people don't go it won't exist.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
damn it now i want mcds frys. Banging Headand a shamrock shake!!

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
I was just checking in to see what was up with PRP crowd. Sounds like you are starting to thaw out and getting ready to go. I am not sure what your spectator or gate fee was in the past but if this is the 1st increase in several years, be lucky. It is a cost of doing business. Suppliers costs have gone up and have been passed on to the tracks who have held out as long as they could before being forced to pass it on to the customers.

If the track continues to incur additional costs passed on by the suppliers without increasing costs it can only survive so long before it is either forced into making a modest increase in expense to the racer or it has to start cutting corners in it's operation and maintenance weekly. If it a track chooses to cut corners in operation and maintenance it will start to suffer loss due to unhappy racers over track conditions, parking conditions, concessions or restroom conditions. Lack of maintenance leads to higher repair costs which can be financially devastating for a facility in the long run.

While the track knows it will get a little push back initially from the racer on a modest increase, it is ultimately the best choice to ask for a few extra dollars that the race will adjust to or become custom to each week. In the long run, a modest gate increase is really best for business for everyone involved.

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Gotta say Mike is right. I see no issue with how it is being split or the few dollars it goes up. Besides with gas prices being lower we all have a few extra dollars to spend.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Trying to save insurance money? Why not cut it to 1/8 mile all classes? Now let the bashing begin. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Racers should quit thinking of themselves as customers and come to the realization that they need to be partners with the track. The racers need the track to profit from their races otherwise the track will find other ways to make money; such as more Street Nights, Test-n-Tunes and more specialized show events that attract fans. Why do you think many local tracks are running less weekly bracket races for their points programs and more of the other stuff? The owner of PRP can find many more profitable uses for that chunk of land than operating a racetrack.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I'd rather pay more at the gate and race for more $ but thats just me. I think the spectators should only pay $10 or less so there would be more of them. Back at Lancaster they would have a few $5 days and pack the place.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
I like the 5 buck idea, I heard some tracks down south even have a free spectator day, I will do whatever I can to keep my local track open, but I would imagine a major track sponsor would like to see the stands full

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fast frank:
... I heard some tracks down south even have a free spectator day...

I have gone to Bradenton Motorsports Park, just to hang-out & watch, during their annual November 'Fun In the Sun' big-dollar series, and the gates are flung wide-open, for spectators to enter for free

considering it's 'JUST a bracket race', they have a decent crowd

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Last time I went to Bradenton, it was a test n tune night and free admission to all mosquitos( the size of birds)

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Why is it always the same guys that complain about the smallest things every year ?
I for one am glad for another year of racing at PRP.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey DNJR, you warming up?? Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
Why is it always the same guys that complain about the smallest things every year ?

Pics or it didn't happen

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
quote:

without racers..does a track race??NO..how about the racers.when do we MATTER? seems like we keep giving and these tracks keep taking. not any certain track just saying.. it cost us more and more every year to do what we do. BUT THE PAYOUTS ONLY DECREASE OR STAY THE SAME..what about the racers who keep the place going?when will it be the racers turn?

Simple Answer Bill , buy a Race track see how easy it is to operate then it's ( YOUR TURN )

It can't be much harder than driving a Truck ?

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:

Pics or it didn't happen

**** or GTFO.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post