DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to clarify my point- I didn't post an opinion- MINE- to start any controversy, but rather state a fact. There were people, and racers who were genuinely PO'd. There were probably 150 points racers vying for a championship in the points series, and jockeying for a position at Brackets in Sept. These racers paid their money at the gate, and hoped that they would make the full day of racing.The day wasn't that bad, with only one little minor sprinkle, and that was dried up rather quickly. I'm sure the regular points racing day would have been completed in full, and the track wouldn't have been involved in a timely cleanup, and the late night dew problem.
I'm not condemning the Pro Mod fraternity, or these dragsters, but they do take up so much more time in their prep, and procedures, and all that time takes away from the regular racers points day, and their schedules. Maybe another alternative can be figured out.
DNJR-- I don't know u, and I'm sure you don't know me-- BUT- I am a FAN, and a track supporter u "F-kin A $$ hole-- I was at the track at 11 AM on Saturday, and was there to support MY TEAM!!- and all of the racers that I know !!!! I paid my entry fee for myself and my wife, and didn't know there was going to be any of the pro mod stuff there. Those cars are not my cup of tea- again- just my personal preference. I would rather just enjoy the "Regular Guy, Average Joe Racer". I supported the track, and the street class for a few years, just as a private donor- NOT A BUSINESS !! I left at 9:30 at night, for other reasons, and did want to see all the rest of the days racing to support MY TEAM, and MY FRIENDS!!! That's why I turned on the computer when I got home, and turned on the live feed.
I have always held the highest respect and admiration to the Tedesco family, what they have done to the track and for the racers, and also for the team of track personnel that do an outstanding, and admirable job of prepping, and taking care of the facilities.
NUFF Said !!! Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Dean I hope you will understand that my spped reading skills were greatly diminished while seeing RED while attempting to read your remarks regarding the Asphalt Wars program. I will make certain to try and introduce myself to you next time Iam at PRP. Possibly once you have all the facts you may or may not change your position on this and your opinion of me. I may not be a racer worthy of your Team , but I can hold my own and have competed at PRP for over 20 yrs. in various classes including Street and Trophy.

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow, Tom, the Nova is going to look awesome, judging by those 2 pieces! I can't wait to see the rest! How's the Camaro?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
The Pro Mod and Pro Outlaw guys have just as much of a right to be on the track as the points racers. NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME THEY TAKE. Spreadout over the season, the "points" racers take more time for clean ups than do the promod racers. Yes, the points racers paid to race Sat night, BUT SO DID THE PRO MOD GUYS. Does anyone think that they get in for free? They pay there dues, so they have a right to be there.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
nice paint tom ! get her back out on the track asap

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks like its gonna be a beautiful Saturday. It figures Ill be on vacation. It will probably rain when I get home next week.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I don't think the nova will see the track this year. Hoping to get the car back mid August, but while the front end is off no better time to rebuild the suspension so that may tack on a weekend or two. Then I am going to rewire some accessories, swap engines, do some other small stuff. Before I swap engines I want to do a cam swap and grind on the intake a little. So about a weekend worth of work that will take me all winter!

I may have over revved the camaro, tearing into it to check lifters. I hope to have that back together by the end of August, but tbd depending what I find wrong with the engine.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of adn406
posted Hide Post
PRP did a fine job trying to clean up the mess, hats off to them. I would be in favor of make up days on sunday if we get rained out or canceled. Dean is not the only one at the track who has that opinion about the PRO MODS. I would say 60-70% of the folks i talk to would rather the promods had their own night to race.

Posts: 16 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I for one love watching the Pro Mod's run, especially the car side of the ladder. I usually run over to my favorite leaning spot on the fence to watch the show. My 20 year old came to the track Saturday for the first time in years. He and his two friends had a great time and said they will be back again soon.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
there's only one thing that really pisses me off about the ProMod's... is that i'm not driving one! though as fearless as i am, i wonder if i'd have the balls to stay in it like they do when the car gets all out of shape... Watching Jr. do one of his runs last Satuday where it sounded like he was pedaling it, but kept getting back in it, was nuts... i think i'd need a diaper for myself as well as my engine... And there was another car that i was watching at around half track, that i don't think its front tires hardly ever touched the ground for the whole run... crazy! oh yeah, that's what i'm talkin' about

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adn406:
PRP did a fine job trying to clean up the mess, hats off to them. I would be in favor of make up days on sunday if we get rained out or canceled. Dean is not the only one at the track who has that opinion about the PRO MODS. I would say 60-70% of the folks i talk to would rather the promods had their own night to race.

Post nudes or GTFO.....

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NoRespect Racing
posted Hide Post
I think it would be nice to have another Friday Night at the Races this week, someone should throw a few hints around out there? lol

Posts: 13 | Location: United States | Registered: November 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Might be out this Saturday....!!!!!!!

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
I,started,,thinking,last,night. Confused, Confused, Confused,

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
lmao,that would be a 1st
quote:
Originally posted by doorman:
I,started,,thinking,last,night. Confused, Confused, Confused,

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Major storm hit the track today. It's gonna take a lot of work to get it back in shape? Has anyone else had enough of the storms ?? Uggg.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The storms were all around us but didn't get much at all. Just some lightning and rain. What happened at the track?

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
11:30pm and still no power here. terrible storms this afternoon with my neighbors tree almost taking out my truck, trailer, and race-car. I hooked up the generator several hours ago thank God. Please keep your eyes open for fallen trees for the next few days laying across the lines and roads.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
yeah a woman was killed today somewhere in PA from a falling tree.... watch yourself out there

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
Looking at the forecast... can we just reschedule racing for Sunday? Please?

Also, I see that Nikki's playground got damaged. My sons play there all the time since we are there every weekend. If they need any help rebuilding, I am more than willing to volunteer.

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post