DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
We can't even get him to pull the cover off his rearend to see what he broke back in October.

It's broke... what more do I need to know? I've got a new one to put in. It's all good... at least, it will be.

So you went that route i see. Did Bill give you a warrenty with the rearend

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bill's word is good enough for me. I'm excited to see what it will do, 4.56, Moser axles, mini spool.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Email inboxes will be spammed sometime in the next week, but I'll kick this out there now too.

THIRD ANNUAL STEEL CITY PRACTICE TREE SHOOTOUT

Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010
Time: Gates open at 11:30am, sign up, eat, racing starts at 12:30PM
Place: New Alexandria Fire Hall, 8370 State Route 22, New Alexandria PA 15670. (From the west, on the left side of 22 shortly after you pass Sheetz (you will pass it and make a left to circle back to it); from the east, on the right side of 22, shortly after you pass PRP)

Entry: Adults $5
Children 12 and under $3
Children 6 and under free
You don't have to race, but everyone coming through the door will have to pay the entry/cover charge. Our menu:
Fried chicken from Wal Mart
Rigatoni, courtesy of Amy Romeo
Cheesy potatoes, courtesy of Vanessa Noon
"Polish hamburgers", courtesy of Joe Fox Jr and Sr
Chili pasta, courtesy of Jeff Hann
Iced tea, lemonade, punch, water. We will not be offering soda, but you are welcome to bring your own lunch, snacks, and/or beverages (cover charge WILL still apply), but no alcohol please. This is a family oriented event, and there will be kids present.

Email Chuck at brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com if you are going to attend. We need to keep a head count to know how much food to get.

Race 1 is $5 entry, race 2 is $20 entry.

All races will pay 50% to the winner, 25% to the runner up, 15% to the semis (split between the 2 racers), 10% to the quarters (split between the 4 racers).

Only race 2 will have buybacks, for $5. We are not looking to make a dime on this. All money will be paid back 100%. If there's anything left after expenses, it will be put into the racing.

Rules:
* Round 1 in races 1 & 2 will consist of both racers hitting the tree twice as "time trials." Round 2 and on will have no time trials.
* All rounds with the exception of the final will be best of 3. Final round is best of 5.
* How to enter: "Tech cards" will be sold at the door. Buy your "tech card" for each race you want to enter. Write your name CLEARLY on the ticket you hand in.
* Pairings will be randomly drawn.
* Bye runs will be randomly drawn at the beginning of each round.
* After the bye is pulled, we'll pull the Dean's Racing Engines Bounty. Whoever wins that round, between the person who gets pulled for the bounty or his/her opponent, wins some cash!
* Racing is off of the handheld button only.
* Racing is off of the bottom bulb only.
* The tree is full sized, with LED bulbs.
* Tree will be in time trial mode, or, as if both racers have the exact same dial in.
* The rollout will be set at ZERO, and each racer can tailor their own rollout by adjusting the delay.
* The christmas tree decides all winners, ie, if 2 racers in competition have identical reaction times, the winner is the one whose lane is flashing on the tree.
* The $20 race, double entries WILL be allowed

Thanks to our sponsors:

* Pittsburgh Raceway Park
* Bob George Racing
* Dean Racing Engines, donating $100 cash for the bounty program.
* Luke Bogacki, and www.thisisbracketracing.com, providing 2 full memberships and 2 trial memberships to the website.
* JW-Kustomz Signs and Graphix/www.jwkustomz.com, and Brian Weaver/ Weaver's Race Cars, donating $100 to the big race purse
* NAPA Auto Parts of South Greensburg
* Sarah Baehr, www.sbgraphix.com, donating gift certificates for lettering packages
* Millerstown Pic-A-Part, donating $100 worth of gift certificates for race fuel at PRP

We will be having a 50/50 drawing as well. 3 tickets for $1, an arm's length for $5, and a wingspan for $10. All money will be paid out though, 60% to the winner, 40% to a second ticket.

We will be doing a Chinese raffle for most of the generous donations from our sponsors. Each adult will be given 3 tickets. There will be a cup by each prize. You can choose which prize(s) you'd like to drop your ticket(s) in... you can drop all 3 in one, or spread them out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChuckT,

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Chuck you ready for some cutting and welding and cutting and welding this weekend Big Grin

Oh ya I need your address so I umm dont get lost.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Yup! I'll email you.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The practice tree race sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! Can't wait!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
PS: LOVE that red Mustang GT! I absolutely LOVE Mustangs!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks, just built her. She is ready for the 2010 season.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
So Bill whats up with this stuff "IN GREGS CAR" what you meant to say is scotty getting "HIS" car back....

Ask Bob he was there when money was transferred

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Oh geez Kimmy, don't feed his head. He can barely get his helmet on now! Big Grin

If you're in the market, there's an '88, black, fast street car (claims high 10s), I know of for sale, $7500/bo, local.

Updated menu above, thanks to Jeff Hann and his contribution of chili pasta.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Yeah Mikey, sorta made the deal, but the guy wont let me drive it till the roads are dry. I can't pay till I drive it. As long as there is no issues with it I think im gonna bring it home. Just have to get with Miller so he can cut me a check for it.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
HEY ChuckT-- I forgot to mention that Linda is doing up another batch of Texas Lasagna for the Practice tree day-- I know u & Barry are in to that !!! Dean Big Grin

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
Yeah Mikey, sorta made the deal, but the guy wont let me drive it till the roads are dry. I can't pay till I drive it. As long as there is no issues with it I think im gonna bring it home. Just have to get with Miller so he can cut me a check for it.

Thats cool, Ill have to check it out when you get it. Unfortunately I think I may have broke Millers check book this winter lol. Im working on Chucks now.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Dean, you know that makes me happy!!! All I can say is, Barry better get in line for it before I do! YUM! Big Grin

Mikey, you'll have a better shot at Scotty's check book. He still has his tooth fairy money.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Hey Mikey, the guy sold the truck without letting me know. Huh? Guess im back to looking. I guess, I'll come get it when the roads clear up didn't mean anything. Nice.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hey bob...you can buy my red truck...it will tow anything ...i think 15000 is fair. oh yea...chuck is scared of it lol

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
for the world of wheels, will all the cars/bike be in one spot like normal? i am assuming that PRP will be having a display like normal as well? everyone make sure you stop out to see us down there next weekend.... chuck, picture turned out good online...

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow Bob that sucks. You just can't rely on anyone these days. If your looking for a Duramax try to stay with years 2004.5 - 2006.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Matt, if I hit the Powerball, my first purchase will be your truck, just so I can park it and watch it rot. You will have to put the pipe down first, though, on your sale price. Big Grin

Jordan, PRP is having a display, and I believe everyone that let Greg know they're going, will end up in the PRP area. Maybe the Grand Poobah Mr Miller will verify/clarify on here.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
haha cmon chuck...its worth every penny. all the rounds you'll win...youll make that money back in no time Big Grin

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post