DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
AJ, this is the official word from the PRP site when TnT was cancelled yesterday:

This morning the control tower at the track took a lightning strike. All the computers have been damaged, including the Accutime Track Timing system. We are working on getting everything replaced but it will definitely not be ready for tonight. We'll keep you updated.

I never made it to FB last night, but Richie was telling me about the damage to the playground, too.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
Upon seeing the pictures of the track after the storm... I think it's safe to say Sunday is out too. Damn.

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow, just saw them. Here they are:

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Also, I see that Nikki's playground got damaged. My sons play there all the time since we are there every weekend. If they need any help rebuilding, I am more than willing to volunteer.

That's awesome. I wish more people were you. Willing to help, instead of just whine.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I hope that the grill and pizza oven didn't get damaged at Carmen's. If you need any help with that stuff, I am more than willing to eat, er, I mean, volunteer.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of top comp
posted Hide Post
I've been reading all these posts and trying to understand everones view on what happened. I'm probley going to open a can of worms here,but here it goes. I drive the lake erie monster. at about 200ft. we sheared the convertor bolts. one or two locked the engine up for a mirco second,breaking the blower belt. at that point the belt broke the oil filter(the same one they use on a top fuel car)I felt the trans problem and killed the engine(looking at the gauge I had 80psi so I thought it was the lenco that broke)I had no idea that I was trashing the track.trust me ,nobody feals worse than I do about the track. we had a diaper on the car,one of the convertor bolts broke the pan but it leaked in the diaper.I'm still a bracker racer so I can understand most but not all the comments. but driving one of thse cars is a differant ball game.things happen very fast and you don't get a chance to think,you have to react. again to all the racers and the track I am truly sorry about the track, bur it was a racing thing. pittsburg is one of the nicest track that I've been to. as racers I think you guys are pretty luckey to have a track like that to race at(milian is 23 miles from my house and I don't go there with either car) we will be back to run the rest of the asphalt war races so please don't throw rocks us,we are racers too. just stop by and say hello, and tell me how you really feel. thanks fot the place to post Keith T/D 3777

Posts: 59 | Location: toledo | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1,100+ miles away, Bob & Karen ~ where can I send a check to help rebuild?

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by top comp:
I've been reading all these posts and trying to understand everones view on what happened. I'm probley going to open a can of worms here,but here it goes. I drive the lake erie monster. at about 200ft. we sheared the convertor bolts. one or two locked the engine up for a mirco second,breaking the blower belt. at that point the belt broke the oil filter(the same one they use on a top fuel car)I felt the trans problem and killed the engine(looking at the gauge I had 80psi so I thought it was the lenco that broke)I had no idea that I was trashing the track.trust me ,nobody feals worse than I do about the track. we had a diaper on the car,one of the convertor bolts broke the pan but it leaked in the diaper.I'm still a bracker racer so I can understand most but not all the comments. but driving one of thse cars is a differant ball game.things happen very fast and you don't get a chance to think,you have to react. again to all the racers and the track I am truly sorry about the track, bur it was a racing thing. pittsburg is one of the nicest track that I've been to. as racers I think you guys are pretty luckey to have a track like that to race at(milian is 23 miles from my house and I don't go there with either car) we will be back to run the rest of the asphalt war races so please don't throw rocks us,we are racers too. just stop by and say hello, and tell me how you really feel. thanks fot the place to post Keith T/D 3777

Keith, don't worry about it, there isn't a person in the world who would think any racer at your caliber would purposely knowingly ignore that they're oiling the track... i for one, as i'm sure most, are surprised that any of you guys knew at all what was happening, especially in a rear engine dragster... no one will be throwing rocks at you guys, we totally love to watch you all, it's super cool to be racing my piece of junk street car at the same time as you guys (and gals) are racing your incredible machines... i would wait all night to race or even not race... sure, no one likes oil downs, but hey that's drag racing... the faster it goes, the bigger the boom... i'll never complain about an oildown.. that is, unless it's someone else who's running a piece of junk like mine at the track and blows up in their street car and doesn't pull over... now THAT would get anyone pissed off... ha... but hey, can't wait till you guys come back, always a major thrill to see you run... hope you didn't see too much damage on your car!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Keith, like Rich (Ratty) said a couple pages back, it's hard on the internet to establish tone of voice/attitude. I think any bracket racer completely understands that oil downs are part of racing, that no one does it intentionally, and this was certainly a freak occurrence, especially when you're covering the 1/4 in mere second, even going silent early. I feel there was nothing directed at you, as a racer. I'll never complain about an oil down, because it could be me next pass. Thanks for stopping by and explaining, hope to see you back at it next month.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt W 84:
Looking at the forecast... can we just reschedule racing for Sunday? Please?

Also, I see that Nikki's playground got damaged. My sons play there all the time since we are there every weekend. If they need any help rebuilding, I am more than willing to volunteer.

You can't just reschedule a points day for sunday unless everyone was aware that this was the plan when they signed up for points because people make plans around racing. I for one would have never signed up for points if they moved Saturdays to Sunday's due to weather because I work every Sunday so I can race every Saturday.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Keith thanks for the great post and for explaining your side of the story. I know exactly how you feel as I wrecked my Daytona during the Chrysler Classic at Norwalk a couple of years ago and felt like crap for causing a delay. You can't possibly apologizes to everyone but I even made a point to go see Bill Bader. Like I said earlier I love watching you guys. Bad things can happen to anyone at anytime. Keep that B1 bomber flying. MOPAR forever, John Cadamore

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Let me know if theres gonna be a work party to help rebuild Nikkis playground. Whatever it takes im in!
Lou Jean and Josie

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NoRespect Racing
posted Hide Post
Wow, I seen the pics posted by Chuck T. Shees What a mess, one good thing about it was that nobody was there at that time and got hurt, especially KIDS at the playground, wow, what a mess. The wind had to be something else when you look at what damage it did there, gees! Surely if the place was open, and crowded with racers and familys, someone would have gotten hurt. The Bright side to all the drama in the past week is that all of us racers live to race another day, and nobodys racecar or other property got destroyed. By the looks of the damage we may not race for a while. Its time to put your work clothes on and help out the track, to get back on track. (pardon the pun) lol If you guys need anything I can offer to help, its all good, just ask, I will be there in a New York Minute..

Shel

Posts: 13 | Location: United States | Registered: November 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Let me know if theres gonna be a work party to help rebuild Nikkis playground. Whatever it takes im in!
Lou Jean and Josie

x2

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Matt W 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:
You can't just reschedule a points day for sunday unless everyone was aware that this was the plan when they signed up for points because people make plans around racing. I for one would have never signed up for points if they moved Saturdays to Sunday's due to weather because I work every Sunday so I can race every Saturday.

Well, I guess we all have to sit at home because Mikey can't make it.

"Pissing excellence since 1974."

Posts: 25 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry it happened to you and **** happens. Part of racing for all of us that tear up the drag strip every weekend. One never knows when something bad is going to happen and cause a delay. Your car just happened to go south on you at worst part of the day.

I very much enjoy the pro-mod and outlaw dragsters. Rather watch you guys run all day than a bunch of bracket cars and I'm a bracket racer. Get it fixed, bring it back and let it rip Cool

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark D.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILL BARR:
quote:
Originally posted by Pro 301g:
Lou Jean and Josie

x2

X3 What ever I can do to help.

Posts: 32 | Location: somewhere on the starting line | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt W 84:
quote:
Originally posted by Balaska347:

Well, I guess we all have to sit at home because Mikey can't make it.

Im sure it's not just me. Racers plan things around racing and when u r running for a championship or bracket finals u just can't make changes like that. There is no problem opening Sunday for racing without points but we all know that doesn't work.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
damn too bad about the track and no race tomorrow.. was burning the midnight oil for 4 days swapping new gears in to make it on time for the race (yes, it took me 4 days... hey, my first time, had no idea what i'm doing, and i did it all in a 3rd floor apartment kitchen... ha)... and yeah, us too, kerry and i would be down to help at the track if needed... (no guarantee my car would make it though, it WAS my first gear swap... lol.. but it would be a good test to see if it would make it there or not anyway... we'll just consider it our version of a TnT... lol)

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post