DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deanz406:
I just wanted to chime in, and send out congratulations to AJ Casini, and Mark Romeo, for a stellar job of racing, among the best in the country, at the World Footbrake Challenge in Bristol Tenn. Mark went down to 9 cars, and AJ was in the last 5 cars. I watched most of it on the live feed, and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully, next year, one of our racers will bring that big, elusive cardboard $10,000 check home. Great representation from the home track racers-- Thanks to all of u who participated-- Dean

^^ X 2

yeah it was great watching the race on the live feed, and seeing them kick ass...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I was absolutely convinced AJ and Mark were going to the final. Both were driving awesome and they did themselves proud. Matt Obertanec did great too going to 18 cars, and Bob Deniker made 4th round both Saturday and Sunday.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
you guys did great. ryan and i sat here and watched it yesterday.
i gotta say chuck, you did a fantastic job on the mic. ryan was like, dad i can actually hear and understand him lol
it was also nice to see some former jr racers going rounds.
whitney herring and elizabeth wesson are 2 sisters you dont wanna see in the other lane.
i use to buy jr parts from their dad when ryan ran jrs.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff. Yes, they are good racers. If I remember right, Whitney was going rounds Sunday.

Happy birthday to Scotty Campbell and Nick Tedesco!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Fantastic job gentlemen. Sorry Bob i didnt priority mail chicken wings.. the post office is to slow. Hope Kevin starts feeling better and back to his winning ways soon.
Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deanz406:
Hopefully, next year, one of our racers will bring that big, elusive cardboard $10,000 check home.

Forgot to mention, one of our racers did bring home that $10k cardboard check... pics (or it didn't happen) to come!!

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
great job at bristol guys...
had some fun at magnolia on sunday myself in a "box" car (truck) learning experience...
Sample Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...index=1&feature=plcp

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Nick....
Your my boy. But racing with belts that loose is just retarded.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah Nick you can see just as well with the belts tight. Trust me. I used to loosen my belts like too because I thought it made me a better driver, I could actually turn my entire torso around. Then I had Kathy Gallo roll her car over in front of me about 8 years ago and realized that even though I felt safe, I was not.

Trust me you can still drive the stripe just as hard if not harder than already do today with the belts the way they should be worn.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
agree^^^^ sorry Nick. Your a hell of driver but ur car is running 14s anymore bro!

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
X3 Nick

The real kicker here is that last week, Keith pulled all of the Juniors together at the front of the lanes and warned all of them about running with their seatbelts loose! He said he was going to have the same conversation with the "Big car drivers". You must have missed that one Big Grin.

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Bob went up Sunday after most people had collected their winnings. He went in to the tower and asked where his Happy Gilmore check was. Steve Stites said "Y'all hold on" and came back with the Friday check that was not awarded because of the rainout split.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Lol, I'm holding my 200 dollar check in the little box.

He did say "Y'all hold on" lol.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Nick-- justin got the same lecture at the shop after seeing the videos he took with my camera. Make sure to snug up that chin strap on the helmet, too. No good to you if it slides off.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
He did say "Y'all hold on" lol.

'Em guys sher tawk funny. At least they weren't jag offs, and knew what kielbasa is, when they stopped to hang out n'at. And Steve is a huge Stillers fan.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Bob went up Sunday after most people had collected their winnings. He went in to the tower and asked where his Happy Gilmore check was. Steve Stites said "Y'all hold on" and came back with the Friday check that was not awarded because of the rainout split.

haha.. that's awesome! Bob i can see the similarity in your family, you guys all have very long noses in that pic... The Family Pinnochio.... lol

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
Nick-- justin got the same lecture at the shop after seeing the videos he took with my camera. Make sure to snug up that chin strap on the helmet, too. No good to you if it slides off.

Amen to that No No.
Really don't mean to pile on Nick, but it's kind of a sore spot of mine.

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that Uncle Keith will be on top of it from now on.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Who's that gay guy with the nice lady and her daughter? Hum

And yes I will be having a talk with a certain someone.

Posts: 178 | Location: Export | Registered: July 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
One hour delay

it's not looking bad this afternoon, lets hope this clears up.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post