DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
it looks great, some extra time for a real breakfast and some cool weather later!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think they made a great decision to delay the race knowing the weather is going to clear up. Thank you PRP staff!

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
X2
really need my weekly fix of vht and E85

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
wow i would have been po'ed.IF i had raced tonight.feel for you guys. censored

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
X2 Bill-- Those pro mod cars, and those outlaw dragsters are a real pain in the a$$-- more trouble than they are worth(in my opinion)- they do nothing for me. I wish they would quit running them on a points day, let them have their own day, like tomorrow, Sunday would have been better. I left at 9:30 PM, and they were just starting their 2nd time run, so I knew it was going to be a long night, since mod, and street didn't even get to finish their 2nd time trial. I heard that one blew up, and puked oil the whole way down the track.
I was watching on the live feed, and they called out that the rest of the evening was going to be 1/8 mi. Not long after that, they called the race. REALLY SUCKS !!!

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I just want to say thanks to PRP management and staff for trying like hell to get today in. No one can predict the weather or breakage, all we can ask for as racers is for PRP to try to give us a safe track to race on. Just a shame that today didn't work out, because they desre A+++ for effort.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
wow i would have been po'ed.IF i had raced tonight.feel for you guys. censored

What don't you get PO'ed at?

It is what it is. I was there all day. Over 2 hours trying to get that mess cleaned and lose out to dew settling. No choice but to call it. Does it suck? Sure but I'm not going to cry about it.

Was a good fast day that unfortunately got ended by a massive oil down and dew.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mark D.
posted Hide Post
You Have to give Keith and his crew credit. It was not for lack of trying.They were up against it from the get go.

Posts: 32 | Location: somewhere on the starting line | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Did that dragster have a diaper on it?
I thought those cars had to have one.

You have to give the race track credit for trying. I am sure they did not open the gates to lose money.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NoRespect Racing
posted Hide Post
Yea hats off to Keith and Crew for making sure the track was safe and ready for everyone, even if it didnt work out, unfortunately like it did. Nobody got hurt or crashed due to a hurry up lets go attitude, they took their time and then the dew put the icing on the cake. I am sure Keith was feeling the pressure from everyone to move the program along, but he stuck to his guns and still did the right thing for all of us. What can you say? It was a long day, but hey, Thats Racing!
Shel

Posts: 13 | Location: United States | Registered: November 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
I just want to say thanks to PRP management and staff for trying like hell to get today in. No one can predict the weather or breakage, all we can ask for as racers is for PRP to try to give us a safe track to race on. Just a shame that today didn't work out, because they desre A+++ for effort.

I agree Chuck. Thanks go out to all the PRP staff and management for all the hard work they put into trying to make this race happen. They cannot control mother nature or car breakage. I'm proud to call PRP my home track.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dale Greenawald:
Did that dragster have a diaper on it?
I thought those cars had to have one.

You have to give the race track credit for trying. I am sure they did not open the gates to lose money.

I heard someone say the blower belt came off and knocked off the oil filter. Not saying for sure thats what did happen, just what I heard. That would actually make a little sense and if that was the case, it's kind of a freak accident.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The racers have no reason to be PO'd, it is what it is. Im actually happy to see the effort that PRP put into getting the race in from 730am when it was raining. It would have been easy to pull the plug but they stuck with it delayed the program a few hours which was no big deal. I dont know the actual car count but when I was in TOP ALL "6" lanes were filled front to back not just 4 like the old days. If anyone has the right to be PO'd it would be PRP because they are the ones that will end up suffering.

As for the oil down, I heard several stories. Yes, they are required to run a diaper but there was talk that the diaper was not on at that time. I also heard the belt took the filter off. And I heard a rod came through the block. If the diaper was on and a rod came through the block I dont think we would have had the amount of oil on the track that we did. The diaper would have caught something I would think.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
yeah props to the track for making a huge attempt to fix a bunch of issues... from rain to oil to dew... man that dew was worse than the oil! driving home was bit scary, kept running into bad fog banks...

i was willing to stay all night to race, great that they went past their usual shutting down time....too bad we can't help with the cleanup, imagine if a couple hundred racers got out there with mops, bet we could've shortened that cleanup... but then, i guess the main reason we shut down was the dew... i cleaned my car off over 'n over and the dew was so heavy it was a losing battle... i'm guessing that as soon as they dried one 10 foot section of track, 30 seconds later it was already covered in dew... it was like raining but without the rain...

question about the problems with the lights/timing system... seems they have issues with them on and off... there are so many race cars there with incredibly well made wiring systems and electronics, i bet if a bunch of racers pooled their resources to help resolve the timing issues it would be a big benefit to help out the track... i'd help but, yes, if you've seen my wiring on my car you wouldn't want me to help... lol

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Scott Koffel has asked me to express his deepest apologies for the oildown that ended the night. The blower belt came off and split open the oil filter housing. The filter is outside the area of the diaper on the car. Scott told me he is going to move the filter so this does not happen again. Scott was inconsolable over the situation. He and his father Dave pride themselves on running a repspectable, well prepared operation, having done so since the 1960's and they were heartbroken that this situation affected so many people.

The Asphalt Wars racers as a group extend their thanks to the Track Crew for their hard work in providing such a great racing surface. Kevin Hamstra was extremely disappointed because he felt the track was so good for that session that they would reset the track record again if they would have had a chance to run...maybe a 3.6?? The racers also expressed their appreciation to the management at PRP for giving them an opportunity to race.

Posts: 153 | Location: the Heights of Brighton | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
yeah i'd hate to be the racer that oils the track, but hey that's drag racing, and bad'ass cars sometimes make a bad'ass mess... i would guess that most of the time a racer in a dragster, especially one in a Top Dragster would have a hard time knowing what was going on back there... i bet it's a lot noisier in the ****pit than in the stands, and it's really loud in the stands...

no prob Scott! hope to see you back again, you guys put on a great show!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
omg the auto-censor on these boards is ridiculous... what i can't say ****pit? how 'bout ****fight? can i say boobytrap? how 'bout butter? or the German plane, the Fokker... lol how 'bout i flew to Bangkok to watch a ****fight in my Fokker but dropped my map in the ****pit and ended up flying ****her than i wanted to

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
I agree with ChuckT, NRRacing,Cadamore, Balaska and ratty. I think PRP's staff worked their ***es off, and I am very grateful for their efforts. I can say I was disappointed that we didn't get to run, but not PO'ed by any means. I think they made a great decision on calling it. With the dew setting in, no matter what they did, they were fighting a losing battle at that point. I'm glad Keith and their staff keep the safety of the racers priority number one . I for one definitely appreciate it, and am thankful for it, and hopefully for anyone who may be pizzed off, they take a step back and think about it for a minute. No one likes delays in the program, but it happens. I know everyone is there to race and have a good time. We also hope to go home with everything in tact, our friends, our family and out cars.

And as far a Scott, crap happens. just glad no one was hurt. (except maybe for his checkbook... JK)

Posts: 106 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deanz406:
X2 Bill-- Those pro mod cars, and those outlaw dragsters are a real pain in the a$$-- more trouble than they are worth(in my opinion)- they do nothing for me. I wish they would quit running them on a points day, let them have their own day, like tomorrow, Sunday would have been better. I left at 9:30 PM, and they were just starting their 2nd time run, so I knew it was going to be a long night, since mod, and street didn't even get to finish their 2nd time trial. I heard that one blew up, and puked oil the whole way down the track.
I was watching on the live feed, and they called out that the rest of the evening was going to be 1/8 mi. Not long after that, they called the race. REALLY SUCKS !!!

I can say that all the racers in the Street lanes were patiently waiting, and the ones I spoke with were willing to race all night if necessary. That said, I agree with Dean, the "show" should be run on a non-points day, to insure that the core customer base (the bracket racers) get what they pay for. If we are being honest here, there were not a lot of "Butts in the Seats" to see the show. I realize PRP is a for profit business, but as a businesswoman I rely on the repeat business of my satisfied customers to keep me in the black. This is my opinion only, and the track owners will do what they want, but honest feedback never hurt anyone. Just Joan

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
quote:
Originally posted by deanz406:

I can say that all the racers in the Street lanes were patiently waiting, and the ones I spoke with were willing to race all night if necessary. That said, I agree with Dean, the "show" should be run on a non-points day, to insure that the core customer base (the bracket racers) get what they pay for. If we are being honest here, there were not a lot of "Butts in the Seats" to see the show. I realize PRP is a for profit business, but as a businesswoman I rely on the repeat business of my satisfied customers to keep me in the black. This is my opinion only, and the track owners will do what they want, but honest feedback never hurt anyone. Just Joan

You know what Joan, I don't really know you and honestly could care less to but I wish you were around 30 years ago so you would understand how good we have it now racing at PRP. Get some time GRASSHOPPER. Then maybe you will know what the heck you are talking about.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post