DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
IF PRO MODS RAN PRACTICE TREE RACES THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!

just sayin, not important.

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deanz406:
X2 Bill-- Those pro mod cars, and those outlaw dragsters are a real pain in the a$$-- more trouble than they are worth(in my opinion)- they do nothing for me. I wish they would quit running them on a points day, let them have their own day, like tomorrow, Sunday would have been better. I left at 9:30 PM, and they were just starting their 2nd time run, so I knew it was going to be a long night, since mod, and street didn't even get to finish their 2nd time trial. I heard that one blew up, and puked oil the whole way down the track.
I was watching on the live feed, and they called out that the rest of the evening was going to be 1/8 mi. Not long after that, they called the race. REALLY SUCKS !!!

Boy You Are Really Supporting The Track Sitting At Home On Your Butt Sucking Up All That Free Live Feed. Thanks For All Your Support Of PRP !

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D N J R:
quote:
X2 Bill-- Those pro mod cars, and those outlaw dragsters are a real pain in the a$$-- more trouble than they are worth(in my opinion)- they do nothing for me. I wish they would quit running them on a points day, let them have their own day, like tomorrow, Sunday would have been better. I left at 9:30 PM, and they were just starting their 2nd time run, so I knew it was going to be a long night, since mod, and street didn't even get to finish their 2nd time trial. I heard that one blew up, and puked oil the whole way down the track.
I was watching on the live feed, and they called out that the rest of the evening was going to be 1/8 mi. Not long after that, they called the race. REALLY SUCKS !!!

Boy You Are Really Supporting The Track Sitting At Home On Your Butt Sucking Up All That Free Live Feed. Thanks For All Your Support Of PRP !

Just wondering if you noticed he said "I left at 9:30"...he was there, paid his spectator $ and left when there was no spectating to do anymore. Seems like reasonable support to me.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dean if you were a real fan you would have stuck it out like the rest of us. I guess the Asphalt Wars caused the Rain delay also ?

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
quote:

Just wondering if you noticed he said "I left at 9:30"...he was there, paid his spectator $ and left when there was no spectating to do anymore. Seems like reasonable support to me.
If he would of stayed Mark he could have eaten more Dollar Dogs from Carmen's. LoL

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
quote:

I can say that all the racers in the Street lanes were patiently waiting, and the ones I spoke with were willing to race all night if necessary. That said, I agree with Dean, the "show" should be run on a non-points day, to insure that the core customer base (the bracket racers) get what they pay for. If we are being honest here, there were not a lot of "Butts in the Seats" to see the show. I realize PRP is a for profit business, but as a businesswoman I rely on the repeat business of my satisfied customers to keep me in the black. This is my opinion only, and the track owners will do what they want, but honest feedback never hurt anyone. Just Joan

You know what Joan, I don't really know you and honestly could care less to but I wish you were around 30 years ago so you would understand how good we have it now racing at PRP. Get some time GRASSHOPPER. Then maybe you will know what the heck you are talking about.

Sorry, 30 years ago I was in the Army and in no financial position to own a race car... Laughing but I did start racing at Keystone in '97 and Mike and Phyllis did a great job with the limited resources they had. I think Mike would have sent us home when the full track oil down had occurred - knowing the clean up was going to take hours and we were already way behind schedule. JMO

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
quote:
quote:

If he would of stayed Mark he could have eaten more Dollar Dogs from Carmen's. LoL

Just wanted to put my two cents in here - Dean has supported this track with a lot more than just comments on this gossip page - he has given his time AND HIS MONEY and everyone should be thanking him - not picking at his opinion.

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with different points of views IMO... I'm just the new guy at the track, but i'm definitely not the new guy when it comes to the online experience of the trying to express ones view without rustling feathers unintentionally... Writing is hard!

One of my other hobbies is freelance writing, i've written scores of articles for magazines over the past few decades (bike magazines that is), and writing is really difficult... Just a bad choice of words or simply a few words misplaced can unintentionally change the whole tone of an article, and most people who write in forums are great people in real life, but can sometimes come across completely differently when attempting to post something in a forum... Especially if you're not face to face with them... I can say something in person to someone and they'll think nothing of it, but if i say the same thing online on a forum, it can come across a lot differently... Writing is an art, and difficult at best... I always try to 'hear' what a person is saying, trying to express in a forum, especially since most people are not professional writers, and not take them too literally word for word.... I just try to see what they're trying to say... and try to ignore the colorful comments...

Like if i cursed in person, no one would take me too seriously (other than just realizing i have a potty mouth... lol... yeah, yeah, i'm trying to clean up my language... i tend to slip too often... ha)... but if i curse online, it comes across a LOT harsher...

Always willing to hear different points of views! that is the whole point of a forum right?

I've met a lot of you at the track already, and you're all really, really nice people... Joan is super nice, and i just met Dean and he's really nice too... I hope people don't take my words wrong and think badly of me... even as a writer, i can totally screw up with my choice of words sometimes too (probably why i can't make a living at writing, only tends to pay for beer money... lol)

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Rich wouldn't it be boring if we all liked and raced the same cars and classes ? We need variety , diversity and controversy to keep it all interesting. LoL

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rich wouldn't it be boring if we all liked and raced the same cars and classes ? We need variety , diversity and controversy to keep it all interesting. LoL

ha, very very true Jr.! then we'd just be like NASCAR, zzzzzz... hehe

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of rich penn
posted Hide Post
I Agree prp did everything they could to keep us racing,sucks it happened but part of racing.Ther is always next saturday to be back at it again

1999 TRANS-AM WS6
SPONSERED BY ;
ASAP PERFROMANCE
ALLISON PARK PA.ALSO 2008 DODGE CHARGER R/T

Posts: 87 | Location: pittsburgh,pa | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Here is my 2 cents in on the subject of the pro mods, outlaw dragsters, and the cleanup.

The show is a big deal to the track imho.. To me, the Pro mods and outlaw dragsters adds a level of credibility to the track and the track preparation. If a car of that caliber chooses to come to PRP, the reputation spreads and that in the long term is a good thing. It also brings in some spectators that normally would not be there.

I have been there and believe me, the person causing the delay to a program feels bad about it. If the filter being sheared off is the cause of the oil, the diaper would not have caught that on a mopar. The Lake Erie monster is a mopar wedge motor and unless you have a diaper custom made for you, it would not encase the oil filter. I know because I have inquired about getting one for my dragster that encases the oil filter, and it needs to be a custom one.

The cleanup was a long one and I cannot add any light on as to why synthetic oil is hard to pick up, but I do trust the track crew to make a safe racing surface. If Keith says the surface is not right, then it is not right. I was one, that at first was upset that I waited hours for the cleanup and the race was called, but when leaving the trailer to put my stuff away, it became clear to me that it was not going to be safe to race with the dew coming in.

It was an unpopular call, but, when looking back at it, that was the right call.

Bob Spelic

Posts: 10 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
yeah definitely the right call... though i think the real problem ended up being the heavy dew in the end... i was wiping off my windows every 10 minutes, and the dew was so thick it was almost hopeless to try and keep my windows clear... it was some of the heaviest fog on the drive home... i'm guessing the track was slicker with the dew than with the oil...

like most, i only got one TT in, and it was horrendous (my distributor bolt loosened up and i was running 50 degrees advanced going down the track.. i thought my rev limiter kicked in but it was my engine in its death throes... lol... oops)... so i was super eager to get a decent run in... but no prob, there's always next time... ya gotta love a track where they put safety first... it's the crap tracks out there that don't care, they'll run no matter how unsafe their tracks are, and then someone gets killed down the line because they didn't give a crap... props to PRP for doing the right thing, even if it's unpopular with some... i'll bet the huge majority were on the track's side

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Trophy
Picture of Red or Dead MOPAR
posted Hide Post
Everyone loves my opinions Smile HAVE SCHEDULED MAKE UP DAYS OR MAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS TO STAY TILL TOMORROW! IF PPL ARE WILLING TO STAY TILL 2 3 or 4 AM to race then maybe they can stay and race sunday too???
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CRY ABOUT THE ADDITIONAL DAYS LIKE FRIDAY OR SATURDAY FALLING ON YOUR WORK DAY OR PLANS, TOOO BAD, TO WIN THE POINTS YOU MUST DEDICATE TO THE POINTS, THATS HOW IT WAS FOR MY DAD FOR YEARS RACING, 2-3 day race weekends often and geese like 25 points races, we are down to 15 or less every year and PPL wanna race more but cry when its on a friday or sunday, saturday is not the only day in the weekend...YOU CANT MAKE MONEY OR YOU CANT GET POINTS DAYS COMPLETED IF YOU DONT OPEN THE TRACK OR MAKE UP DAYS THAT GET CANCELLED!!! Esp when a sunday can start very early, and be done early, No lights to run etc...You open your doors more often, more newer ppl see the facility and plan there future return to the track, if u race thursday and saturday every week you only get thursday and saturday ppl, Spread it out some, mix it up, GET NEW FACES... NICK BOWMAN OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS AT ANY TIME, I MIGHT BE YOUNG BUT I GOT MORE EXPERIENCE THAN MOST OF THE OLD TIMERS THERE, 25 years of traveling to 20 different tracks in 2 countries i have saw alot...

FYI: Racing was doomed after 11pm last night, the dew hit so hard there wasnt a chance in hell for the race to be done, an immediate announcment for STAYING TILL SUNDAY was NEEDED, plenty of ppl around to find employees etc. its sunday most ppl dont have SHEEEET to do!!!
Try again next week i guess

Nick Bowman
2x Pittsburgh Raceway Park Modified Points Champion
1970 Plymouth Duster
"Footbrake/No Box"

Posts: 142 | Location: Export,PA | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I dont know what all the debate is about...

PRP could have pulled the plug on Friday for the whole weekend if they wanted like in the past but they didnt and they even had rain Saturday morning and could have pulled the plug but they didnt. We always use to get canceled on nice days because the "pits were muddy" in the past. I commend PRP for doing everything to race. That is for the racer NOT PRP's benefit.

They ended up with great turn out even with the poor weather which I thought was great because PRP spent all that money in jet fuel so it seemed to be a good call to open. The racers were happy to be racing and PRP had a good turn out so they werent going to take to much of a loss if any.

The program was moving along great except for the rain delay.

Then the oil down... It happens in our sport unfortunately and I pray it never happens to me because I may be that guy. So what does PRP do, they gave it everything they had to clean that track to continue racing. No they didnt just pull the plug and say everyone go home we are done. And if they did racers would have took a fit.

If anyone thinks PRP wanted to call it you are crazy because thats the worst thing that could have happened to them. Now you take a day that was going so well and seemed to be turning out better then expected, and turn it into a huge loss. When PRP canceled they had to give everyone rain checks so all the money they brought in for the day just went down the drain. The killer is PRP still has to pay ther employees, jet fuel, ambulance atc... all out of their pocket. If they were able to continue they would have had the income (that they lost in rain checks) to help with the cost of everything.

Yes the rain check money comes back another day but next week if 90% on the income is rain checks who pays the bills for next week.

So my point is, like I said before, if anyone should be PO'd it should be PRP and the racers should be glad they have a track that was willing to give it everything they had for us to race because we lost nothing other then some time and PRP lost their a$$es for the racers.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think we can all disagree to disagree and it was a losing topic for all parties involved.

Now to change the subject. I got color! Thanks to Dave Reith. Not done yet, but looks great so far.

Tom Nist
NX62

Posts: 128 | Location: Delmont, PA | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
oh wow, gorgeous paint!

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
Very NICE.!!!!!!

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thats really gonna look good!

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PX88
posted Hide Post
That is going to be a sweet looking Nova Tom.

JT Harrold
Mod PX88
88 Camaro RS

Posts: 28 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post