DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your first win Bill. I knew Scott was on when I heard him ripping it every pass down the track.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Bill Turk and Steve Butler on their wins last night.
Normally I'm beat by the time I get home and I forget to jump on and watch the last couple of rounds, but I did manage to catch it last night.

I wanted to say thanks to Prp for giving some attention to the TCR and Junior classes in front of the night of fire crowd. Maybe some youngsters will asking mom and dad some questions about racing.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
Way to go Bill and Steve!

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
I just want to say thanks to all the PRP staff and racers for putting on such a smooth program in the 100 degree heat saturday. The track was so deadly and hooking great all day. I was not use to actually starting on time and being done before 3 in the morning coming from our local track. All the racers were so nice and laid back and would offer the shirt off of their back to me without even knowing them i just cant say anything better about the place. Think from my first experience at PRP i am gonna become a PRP local now.
Thanks to all of yins Justin Vickers

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Big time congrats to Bill and Steve! Great final round between Ron Boyce and Bill, just a few thou apart on the reaction time, both dead on the dial, MOV = .0029. Scotty and Steve would have had a great race too, Steve was good on the tree, Scotty was .001 on the wrong side. Congrats to Russ Benish for knocking out a hot Rich Penn, in Rich's second straight Street final.

PRP did a great job running the show, and it was cool to hear the jet guys talking with Steve Sciullo. X2, excellent idea to have TCR and juniors make passes in front of the house. I just wish the weather treated PRP better, so there would have been even more people there.

Deepest condolences go out to Jim Senkewitz, on the loss of his mother early Saturday.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scotty C
posted Hide Post
Awesome job Bill, Russ and Steve. Steve was on fire all day and Bill proving how awesome a Deniker racing engine and dominic race car combo works! Then Russ killing it in the wifes car.

2010 American Dragster
American Racecars
Deniker Racing Engines
APDracing
Lutty's Chevy Warehouse
Sunrise Sonoco

Posts: 133 | Location: Avonmore Pa. | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
i'm still trying to figure out how those jet cars stopped in time... especially Bob Motz' truck! man they were movin' going through the traps... and usually jet cars aren't much of a race, but these were side by side, as good as a drag race as any... that was very cool... even though it was ridiculously hot! i heard 102 degrees, and 1320go had it up to 97... nuts!

and the announcer steve is hilarious... we get such a kick out of him, especially when he gives people ****, so funny..... i seriously have no idea how he manages to last that many hours in a row without ever wearing out... i wish the PRP site had a bio section for the track crew... would be nice to have a face with the voice, or a name with the workers (like the starter for example, i have no idea what his name is... he has to be the hardest working guy at the track besides the announcer)...

be cool if there were racer bios too btw... didn't the site have it once?

yeah, congrats to everyone who made it to the finals! and i don't know the gentleman, Jim Senkewitz, but thoughts out to him and his family and friends...

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Rich, Steve was our announcer for a long time, then life happened, and he had to step away for a couple years. He came back this year. Jim Senkewitz announced in the interim, and does the Thursday night test and tunes. Both guys are some of the nicest you could ever meet, with great drag racing stories.

Jim worked at Pittsburgh International Dragway:
http://pittsburghinternationaldragway.com/
and has some great stories of legends of drag racing, like when he had to shut off Don Garlits.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
"Steve the amish biker"
not worthy Chuck Laughing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve from Pa,

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
hey justin...i think you becoming a PRP regular is a great idea! btw..your truck is bad!

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
Thanks matt aleast someone like that pos lol wont be there this weekend bc of the 50% chance of rain but i will be there for both days next weekend. looking forward to bsing with all you guys again

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
One of the nicest changes I have seen with PRP the last two years is they don't cancel for nothing or easily. They make every effort to get every race in even if they have to dry the track. Two weeks ago no one thought we would get it in and they did without a problem.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
does anyone know how many are in the tower,(announcers, computer techs ect.) and how many are in the starting line crew?
thinking back to when ryan ran jrs again.
want to feed the tower guys one race day then the starting line crew another race day.
all of those guys do a great job each and every week.
have grill will cook !!!! Big Grin

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Do they have wi-fi access at the track?

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
ive talked to some that can get it on a laptop, but we have yet to be able to pick up anything on the ipod touch.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
good luck to all the PRP racers that are down at the WFC this weekend.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ill be sure to better introduce myself next time justin haha

Cadamore Racing Engines
724 766-4502
Sarver Automotive and Performance
Roenigk Tire Service

Posts: 310 | Location: Freeport | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of doorman
posted Hide Post
i am looking to sell my 2002 racetech dragster new motor trans and tires car has gone 7's will sell cheap want out asap

Posts: 191 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Would you take $1.32 ?

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to chime in, and send out congratulations to AJ Casini, and Mark Romeo, for a stellar job of racing, among the best in the country, at the World Footbrake Challenge in Bristol Tenn. Mark went down to 9 cars, and AJ was in the last 5 cars. I watched most of it on the live feed, and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully, next year, one of our racers will bring that big, elusive cardboard $10,000 check home. Great representation from the home track racers-- Thanks to all of u who participated-- Dean

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post