DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For those interested, I wanted to post this update. It goes for the Curt George Memorial; specifically the Bud's Auto Sales Hemi Showdown.

further update ****This applies to the Hemi Showdown on Saturday, June 16***** The list keeps growing! Thanks to all for the support!!

In an effort to really hit the ground running for the Hemi Showdown on Saturday, all the Hemis running the Hemi Showdown will have the entry fee waived courtesy of Bob George Racing & Bud's Auto Sales.

Normal entries will be required, though, for all other classes one wishes to compete in. Pre entry for the Hemi deal is not required, but if one decides to come and mix it up with the boys, send me a private message and we'll get it posted.

This is shaping up to be a pretty decent event, let's have some fun.

Some of the commits already are:

Bob Roles, Pa., Slammin Savoy 64 Plymouth
Rich Emrich, Pa., 70 Cuda
Dave Collette, Baltimore, 64 Plymouth or Sox & Martin 68 Cuda
Dennis Kohr, Pa., 69 Dodge
Danny Dove, Virginia, 70 Cuda
Ron McClelland, Pa. 66 Dodge
Steve Reasbeck, Pa. 65 Dodge
Bob George, Pa. 68 Dart
Donny Martik, Pa. "Original" BG 68 Dart
Joe Davis, Pa., Endangered Species 65 Dodge
Gary Murphy, Ohio 70 Challenger
Pat Bianchin, Pa. 70 Cuda
Barry Donnelly, Pa. 71 Cuda
Michael Donnelly, Pa. 71 Cuda
Aaron McClelland, Pa. 68 Road Runner
Dan Householder, Md. 65 Dodge
Bob Polotowski Pittsburgh, Pa. 68 Plymouth
John Buehler, Ohio, 64 Dodge
Jack & Roger Moore, Ohio, 68 Cuda
Matt Welker, Md.; 68 Cuda

Again, pre entry is not required....feel free to show up at the last minute and get involved.

RULES:

Generation II (426 series) Hemi only
A, B, or E full bodied cars
Carburetors or Fuel Injection (Electronic assisted permitted on 65 AFX cars only, provided it appears and functions as the original mid sixties units.)
Normally aspirated only, no alcohol, no nitrous’
No Electronics, trans brakes OK.
No Chassis cars
Any Rear suspension
Period correct hood scoops only, SS, early Pro Stock; no lump or modern style "aero" scoops.
There may be some small adjustments to the rules as time goes on.

Minimum ET 12.00
Must dial to the nearest tenth
All cars must meet IHRA Safety Rules Requirements for speed/et

Winner $1500
RU $750
Plus money to semis, other goodies to be named later.

1965 Altered Wheelbase B bodies clones welcome, even original AWB if someone has the hootzpa to run one. Electronic assisted fuel injection permitted on those cars as long as it appears and functions as the original 65 A/FX units.

My friends at Accuweather in State College guarantee good weather, so be there or be square!!

Posts: 31 | Location: Walton's Mountain, Pa. | Registered: May 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a Hemi they want to let me drive? lol

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Pat Fagnilli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: June 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
Nice shot of Dave's car not worthy

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Romeo:
Anyone have a Hemi they want to let me drive? lol

I do but umm not the correct body type and I'm short about 82cu.in. but hey 4 wheel drive you won't have to worry about traction Wink

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
LOL I had my Chrysler 300C Hemi up until a few months ago...but in the same boat wouldn't meet the class requirements.

Jones Transmission Pumps

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Fagnilli:

That car gives me a leaner.....

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Nice pics, Charles

Thanks Anthony.

If anyone wants the original pic from the album, I can email it

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Nice pics, Charles

Thanks Anthony.

If anyone wants the original pic from the album, I can email it

Posts: 3 | Location: irwin | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob we are painted like team cars. We will be back next week after a strong comeback effort by the crew. Everybody was on overtime this week, poor George had to wash it 3 times. Also I think Jon has been living at the Shop. LOL

Posts: 36 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Fagnilli:

I love that car and it is nasty fast.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
JR if you ever need to take the day off from racing (if you're not feeling well, want to go fishing instead, lawn work that's getting out of hand, or just want to sleep in late for once, or ANY other reason), i'd be very happy to help you out and drive your car for you... I promise not to scratch it Big Grin

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ratty
posted Hide Post
argh... sad day at Thompson Raceway Park today, as a racer died in a crash... another driver injured but will be ok... thoughts out to the racer's family and friends and everyone at TRP

2X48
Pittsburgh Raceway Park
pump gas NA 406
1.52 7.17 11.32 117

still a rookie

Posts: 129 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: November 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to thank everyone at PRP for running a 1st class operation. Special thanks to Keith and his crew for their hard work.

Congrats to Ken Rhine for his win in top.

Thanks Barry and Chuck for your help in the final rounds. Sorry I didn't stop for dinner,I had to get home and feed the horses.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the run to the final, Dale. Feeding the horses... what do you think we were doing at Kings? Laughing

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good to see Ron back at the track

Nice run to the Mod final Tommy. Cool '55 in the other lane

My bro and teammate Mikey made it to the semis

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Dave Dortenzo on the Mod win

Battle of the orange Mopars went to Aj

JT Harrold leaving nice

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evan Sansenbaugher (it was fun listening to Steve try to pronounce that one) was part of the contingent over from QCMP

Sweet Cuda

DNJR from 2 weeks ago

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,
The one day I get to drive and you forget to post my picture! I thought I made an impression in my Santa suit! lol

Posts: 9 | Location: PA | Registered: December 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Well, Santa, you don't have doors! And besides, you didn't bring me what I asked for for Christmas - good reaction times!
Tongue help

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
PRP points are updated.
GREAT job.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post